Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Their defense might as well be pylons though.
    I was writing that after the first period, might have been a bit premature. But there the Jackets had like... one shot on goal? Two? And they started Nabokov instead of Bishop, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Their defense might as well be pylons though.
    Which doesn't seem to matter because they have a fuckin cave troll in net.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey look, the Leafs have finally figured out how to win back to back games this season, having won both of the two most recent back to back series they have played.

Deleted
    Seriously... Have you guys seen the Japanse kid?

Talk about being a prodigy

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how long until his parents send him to NA to play in the CHL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Which doesn't seem to matter because they have a fuckin cave troll in net.
    They also have two ogres at the blueline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw it on TH2N, what a great goal by Seth Griffith in the Bruins game. That was a thing of luck and beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Thank you for posting this.
    I also had a look at this Pavel Barber's channel. Quite the nice stuff on there.

On another note:

That's one nice goal that Griffith scored last night.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
    but in rising every time we fall."
    - Kong Fuzi

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really excited about tonight. My first time seeing Stamkos in person!

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I did not realize Bishop was 6"7... that's a very tall Goalie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    That stuff is always fun, I got to see Malkin at the end of his rookie goal-scoring streak, I was sitting behind the net when he got goal #2 in OT. Unbalanced schedule makes it hard to catch the eastern conference teams visiting. Was the first time seeing rookie Kopitar in that game too.

Deleted
    It's kinda fun to see pictures of a play in Tampas zone fom ice level and realize how much net the guy takes away. He's enormous for a goalie.

- - - Updated - - -

Rinne is 6"6 I think it is and its ridiculous just how much net they cover just from that.

Forsberg is just going nuts right now, the kid is really fun to watch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Rinne is 6"6 I think it is and its ridiculous just how much net they cover just from that.

Forsberg is just going nuts right now, the kid is really fun to watch.
    He's 6'5". That being said - being huge alone isn't gonna help you, see Anders Lindback for that particular lesson. He's 6'6" but has been struggling badly ever since he hired at Tampa. Their enormous frames certainly help Bishop and Rinne, but these guys also have all the tools a goalie needs in addition to that. Linny... apparently not so much.

And considering Forsberg: The kid is insane. He's leading all rookies in scoring right now and it's not close, a full five points ahead of Gaudreau in second place. For what it's worth he's also the plus/minus leader for all skaters right now. That's probably not gonna stay that way but still. Nashville's top line (and Forsberg in particular) have been nothing short of amazing in the first 15 games.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Height only goes so far as a goalie. If you don't have the athleticism to do the job, you won't be able to stop the puck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post

Nice person response.

Kinda neat.

Mean World Shattering response.

He's playing in Japan...I'm not even that great, but I would be Zantor the Hockey God over in Japan. Maybe at 11 they'd get away with it still, second year of Atom. But starting with Peewee, not likely. This is more confidence than actual skill. Confidence in that the kids he's playing against are most likely not very good.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-11-12 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Nice person response.

Kinda neat.

Mean World Shattering response.

He's playing in Japan...I'm not even that great, but I would be Zantor the Hockey God over in Japan.
    They're also all about 11 or so. I played with some really awesome kids back when I was that age, but none of them had the speed or consistent puck-handling ability that he does. It doesn't matter what the rest of the kids on the ice are doing, just what he is, and while it's highly likely he'll fade out and never accomplish anything at the professional level, that amount of skill at that age is pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    They're also all about 11 or so. I played with some really awesome kids back when I was that age, but none of them had the speed or consistent puck-handling ability that he does. It doesn't matter what the rest of the kids on the ice are doing, just what he is, and while it's highly likely he'll fade out and never accomplish anything at the professional level, that amount of skill at that age is pretty amazing.
    Edited to add this bit, but it's not so much skill as it is confidence. He can play confidently and try fancy shit because he knows the kids he's playing against are mostly terrible. Put him against kids who can stick check or at an age where they can take the body and are even moderately proficient at it and yeah...those moves will disappear. I can pull of behind the back plays, between the legs, datsyukian toe drags and other such nonsense if all I'm playing against is a bunch of pylons. But I don't for a second think of myself as super skilled

10+ Year Old Account
    the goalie for the yellow team just wants to be anywhere but on the ice

- - - Updated - - -

Lot of soft goals in the Kings/Ducks game tonight, Quick made a lot of great saves but let in some iffy ones.

I don't know who Jamie McBain is, but he didn't look too good. Need Voynov back.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no sympathy for Boston getting their asses completely handed to them by Toronto last night, they didn't even look like they were in the building and got dominated.

Deleted
    Uh... the Sabres apparently recalled Kaleta.

What the fuck? Who the hell needs that guy anywhere close to an NHL roster? I mean I get using Cooke to some degree, that guy is at least a decent contributor who can actually play some good hockey if he's not concussing people and he's cheap, but Kaleta? That guy is talentless jackass and has no place in the league.

/edit: Apparently Sabres fans are cool with it. Guuuuuuys, I know there isn't much to celebrate lately, but still.
    Last edited by mmoceaf424ea73; 2014-11-13 at 10:55 PM.