10+ Year Old Account
    Kadri can hold out and another team can sign him and give up a draft pick in the process.

It is what Pilly tried to do with Weber and what Calgary tried to do with O'Rielly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Kadri can hold out and another team can sign him and give up a draft pick in the process.

It is what Pilly tried to do with Weber and what Calgary tried to do with O'Rielly.
    Yeah, but I don't see that anywhere near walking.
    A team signs Kadri as an RFA to a price we like, we can lock him up for the same contract.
    A team signs Kadri as an RFA to a price that provides compensation, we get a return on investment.
    I don't see it as walking if it will be beyond his control.

It's annoying that there seems to be an unwritten rule for GMs (Brian Burke is a key example) not to go after RFAs, I really wish more teams would try to do it.

Well that turned ugly in a hurry...

Preds up 2 - 0 at the end of the second. Go to the store, come back, check the final score...

Ducks - 4
    Preds - 2

What. The. Fuck.

Pardon me while I spend the next ten or fifteen minutes smashing my head against my desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    Well that turned ugly in a hurry...

Preds up 2 - 0 at the end of the second. Go to the store, come back, check the final score...

Ducks - 4
    Preds - 2

What. The. Fuck.

Pardon me while I spend the next ten or fifteen minutes smashing my head against my desk.

I didn't get to see this one either due to work, but I was more surprised we were up 2-0 at the end of the second than the fact we ended up losing. I think they just ran out of gas tbh, burnt it all up in the second. I had marked this one as a loss before they even headed out west so I'm not that tore up by it.

Flames tied with LA for 3rd in the pacific (ahead on reg wins)...but fuck if LA's schedule for the rest of the season just looks a tiny bit easier with 2 games vs Edmonton...blaaargh

The games against LA and the Jets at the end of the season might be worth marking the calendars for, I wager they're going to be wars.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man the central is an absolute buzzsaw this year. Four of the top five teams in the west are in it.

If things hold up this way, Minnesota would play ST. Louis in the first round, was kind of hoping for Nashville since we apparently have a rivalry!
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Man the central is an absolute buzzsaw this year. Four of the top five teams in the west are in it.

If things hold up this way, Minnesota would play ST. Louis in the first round, was kind of hoping for Nashville since we apparently have a rivalry!
    Oddly enough most of the fans wanted to see the same thing. Big game for us tonight simply because we have been so up and down over the last 5 or so. Our big guys are all playing pretty crappy right now. Weber has been pretty lackluster, Neal has been out, Forsberg and Ribs haven't been good, heck even Wilson and Fisher haven't been that great. Our third line still can't do anything ( which is ultimately why I don't think we are good enough to do anything in the playoffs)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate playing the Blues, always seems to be tough sleddin for the Flames

edit yep, dickstomped
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2015-03-18 at 03:31 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Coming for dat ass Nashville

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Oddly enough most of the fans wanted to see the same thing. Big game for us tonight simply because we have been so up and down over the last 5 or so. Our big guys are all playing pretty crappy right now. Weber has been pretty lackluster, Neal has been out, Forsberg and Ribs haven't been good, heck even Wilson and Fisher haven't been that great. Our third line still can't do anything ( which is ultimately why I don't think we are good enough to do anything in the playoffs)
    Was a good game, over time was a bit lackluster in how fast it was over though lol.

Good comeback win for the wild, hope they keep it up.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I was thinking, LA has a lot of lopsided rivalries, especially with bay area teams. I mean, we don't like them, but they seem much more intense about it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's crazy how bunched up everyone is at the top of the standings. If the Hawks win in reg tonight and the Ducks don't get a point, we are only 3 points behind for the P Trophy. However, there would be 6 teams still ahead of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I hate playing the Blues, always seems to be tough sleddin for the Flames

edit yep, dickstomped
    lol first period wasn't bad, even once Steen got that first, there was some crazy stuff, but once stl got that 2nd goal it was over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Habs win! And the Leafs have been eliminated from the playoffs.
    Opening game of last year and I called it. Actually calling it would be a cop out. But I didn't expect it to be the absolute train wreck it was.

Edit: It's really really interesting watching all the playoff race games. As I want LA to lose, but not having them in the playoffs seems like a loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    It's crazy how bunched up everyone is at the top of the standings. If the Hawks win in reg tonight and the Ducks don't get a point, we are only 3 points behind for the P Trophy. However, there would be 6 teams still ahead of us.
    Damn you Hawks! That Darling kid is pretty damn good lol And of course, fucking Brad Richards of all people has to be the one to score at the Garden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kings got their point, time to go suck in OT.

- - - Updated - - -

yep.

that didn't take long

Deleted
    Pens seems to have such a weak roster. Do Crosby & Malkin take up to much of the cap?

Bam Kings, you're out again!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    just needed to face another eastern conference opponent \m/ *not named the new york islanders or rangers
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2015-03-20 at 04:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    just needed to face another eastern conference opponent \m/ *not named the new york islanders or rangers
    Fishsticks are on a minor skid, so you could get lucky. Though I wouldn't want to tempt it either.