Somebody hold me.

What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    What did I miss?
    Patrick Kane rape allegations

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Somebody hold me.
    Well, there goes having Chicago as a Wildcard spot. He's going to be suspended until it's all sorted out.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Well, there goes having Chicago as a Wildcard spot. He's going to be suspended until it's all sorted out.
    How many games did Doughty get for being accused?

10+ Year Old Account
    No charges were ever filed there, no charges filed here yet either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, hopefully all is okay. It would suck to see another championship caliber team get hamstrung by a charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would suck to see another championship caliber team get hamstrung by a charge.
    I wonder if Bettman will stick them with an empty $10.5 mil cap hit for a couple months...

10+ Year Old Account
    The burden of proof is on her to prove he did anything, not for Kane to prove he didn't. Obviously nothings been released so all we can do now is wait...and hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    We all know how the court of public opinion works though. He's guilty until proven innocent.

15+ Year Old Account
    We all know how the court of public opinion works though. He's guilty until proven innocent.
    You mean he's guilty even if proven innocent. Even if everything is shown that he did nothing it's in the public eye now and no one will forget. I can just see the flooded Facebook comments now people talking shit every time they put him or the Hawks on the highlight reel (which is pretty common).

Deleted
    Chicago Predators.

Deleted
    I hope Kane isn't guilty, would be sad to not see such a good player anymore.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can I just say if this like doomsday scenario and he does go to prison, I'm already thinking about the $10.5MM in cap space that just opened up for next summer... Hello Stamkos/Kopitar/Voracek sweepstakes!

Voracek signed like a week ago, bud. 8.5M AAV iirc.

In any case, he will be vilified by the media and sjws, but all I care about is that there is a proper investigation, people aren't thrown under the bus (ie Kane OR the woman), and that we have a (hopefully) happy outcome from all this. I mean... I really doubt that last part, but let's try.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, if you guys could keep some info posted in here if there's any breaking news, that'd be great. I'm going to a skating workshop this weekend, and am going to be pretty much sans internet until Sunday night.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Woulden't be surprised if Kane did it. Dude is an animal and was probably blackout drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kopitar won't hit free agency. If Kopitar isn't a King then neither will Lombardi be, and if your job is staked to getting a guy signed, you get the guy signed.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well then fuck. Voracek, no. Kopitar, no. Guess we'll have to settle for Stamkos. Time to start speculating whether or not Stamkos/Toews play together or separate. I've always been partial to super lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Well then fuck. Voracek, no. Kopitar, no. Guess we'll have to settle for Stamkos. Time to start speculating whether or not Stamkos/Toews play together or separate. I've always been partial to super lines.
    Super lines can be ineffective. When Malkin and Crosby play together, they don't mesh well at all.

Man totally missed this, wondered why I suddenly heard ESPN talk shows actually talking about someone related to hockey, just couldn't stay up long enough to hear what it was about. One of those things I'm guessing the league will wait to see what happens as far as charges go. I doubt they do anything until they find out if it is remotely true or just another persona being falsely accused.

The didn't do anything to Ribs despite the speculation and the civil case, so I think you will see them wait to see if there is any criminal charges.