Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by animeguru08 View Post
    Seen it in college play. Too bad that isn't allowed in the NHL what with you can't make contact with the puck with your stick above the crossbar, or with all the pressure that gets put on a player behind the net.
    That goal would be allowed in the NHL. If you have the time to do it, who knows. A really gutsy move by an 19 year old no matter what league it's done in.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    false. the refs handed it to san jose on that last goal. two years in a row the refs cost the wings.
    Man suck it up would you? Jesus christ you cry about losing like it's the end of the bloody world and that Detroit will never make the playoffs ever again, though I doubt they will if several of their key players who are able to retire this summer do so. Suck it up and take losing like a man instead of being a crybaby fanboy who is butthurt about it, you lost fair and square on a great goal by Marleau, get over it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tone it down guys. No sense in getting banned here over a hockey game...

Marcello's pickin canucks. I knew this kid was smart deep down.

Tampa/Boston looks like such a toss up...I wonder if Rolo can keep it up.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Man suck it up would you? Jesus christ you cry about losing like it's the end of the bloody world and that Detroit will never make the playoffs ever again, though I doubt they will if several of their key players who are able to retire this summer do so. Suck it up and take losing like a man instead of being a crybaby fanboy who is butthurt about it, you lost fair and square on a great goal by Marleau, get over it.
    There is a difference between losing fairly, and losing because of a blown call by the refs.

Anyone else notice in Game 6 of San Jose v Detroit that one of the commentary for VS was wearing a Red Wings tie? Horrible.

---------- Post added 2011-05-13 at 11:30 PM ----------

Also that after the Sharks 3rd goal in game 7 Holmstrom took a swing at Setoguchi. Laaaaaame.
    On the Dan Patrick show he talked about how Mike Milbury wore a orange tie in Chicago during the finals then a red and black one in Philadelphia just to piss off fans. Hockey commentators are part of what makes it so awesome! There are some guys that make sense but a lot of them are just characters that you wonder how they ended up with that job in the first place but wouldn't trade them for the world. Engblom and Barry Melrose are probably most well known for their hair than anything else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flam View Post
    There is a difference between losing fairly, and losing because of a blown call by the refs.
    That Setoguchi goal was not a blown call in any way. None of the Wings were arguing with the refs about it. Babcock wasn't up in arms about it. if the goalie does not have control of the puck and you are not impeding his ability to move to make a save, it is not a penalty. In the act of going to the net with the puck he hit Howard. It happens. Without that goal it still would have went to OT where who knows what happens, that Datsyuk goal might not have come into existence to cut it to 1 after the Setoguchi goal. It is impossible to look at that singular event and say that is the reason the Wings lost therefore the refs cost them the entire series. You can not determine how anything past that point would have turned out. That Setoguchi goal certainly did not cost the Wings to get outplayed and lose Game 1-3. Setoguchi hitting Howard didn't prevent the multiple Wings players in the area from clearing the loose puck or putting a body on Marleau.

I didn't go back to the last page to see if anyone mentioned it, but sure is some awful news about Booges dying. Great guy off the ice from what I have heard even if he was just an awful, awful hockey player. Brutal way for the Rangers to get that awful contract off their books. Interested to see how Sather wastes that money this offseason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phazedin View Post
    Marcello's pickin canucks. I knew this kid was smart deep down.
    I knew he was smart too.

Isn't only obvious why Mercelos is picking the cunucks over SJ here people? I mean come on.

With that said good luck in the 3rd round Vancouver.

I know we're all hyped for the series, but I just want to share this really quickly:

Anyways, sorry Marcelos, I can't side with you on this one. I know our Wings got beat, and that is exactly why I now want San Jose to take it, because if they don't win it, than it means that the Canucks could outplay our Wings too, and I won't accept that.

checks poster name.. not marcelos..

THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON!!!!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I know we're all hyped for the series, but I just want to share this really quickly:
    Two reasons you dont see that in the NHL that often.
    1: The international rinks are bigger so you have that extra room to dangle back there.
    2: NHL Defencmen are WAY better than that. Granlund would have been most likely not given the time to make that play in the NHL

Whenever my team loses in the playoffs I expect that team my team lost to, to win it all. That way I can say LOOK AT WHO THEY LOST TO! Not some team to lose later on. Thats why if the Sharks do lose I will cheer for Vancouver, IIIFFF they aren't playing Tampa, if they are then I am gonna have to side with the home state. Maybe get Hockey to be a bigger market than it is in FL. I sure hope so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whenever my team loses in the playoffs I expect that team my team lost to, to win it all. That way I can say LOOK AT WHO THEY LOST TO! Not some team to lose later on. Thats why if the Sharks do lose I will cheer for Vancouver, IIIFFF they aren't playing Tampa, if they are then I am gonna have to side with the home state. Maybe get Hockey to be a bigger market than it is in FL. I sure hope so.
    That works just fine if you lose to a "better" team, but if you lose to a team that is a massive underdog compared to you there is always that thought in your mind that you are lying to yourself. Like that time a couple years back when Detroit lost to Edmonton. Sure Edmonton made it all the way to the Finals before barely losing to Carolina (Carolina!!), and yes all of the lower seeds won their first round series, but they were a freaking 8 seed and had 29 less points than Detroit who were just killing people that season.

San Jose played and lost to them in the second round in what I think was the only 5-8 match up in the second round which only occurs if the 5,6,7, and 8 seeds win their first round series. Looking back, Manny Legace was the goalie for Detroit. Talk about a guy who got pretty shafted. First season with the wings he went 24-5-5 replacing a struggling Osgood who would later get the job back even with Manny's record. Osgood was shipped out the following season then the Wings brought in Hasek then they brought in Joesph who gets hurt and replaced by Legacce who had another great season before being replace mid-playoffs by CuJo. Come back from lockout, has another ridiculous season but loses to Edmonton in the first round and isn't resigned following the season. Goes to St Louis and has two very good years but when he is only mediocre in year three he is axed and never found footing with another squad. Talk about a guy who could never get a break lol.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah? Try being a Leafs fan, we have been fucked over more times by refs over retarded calls then anyone else in the league. And if you are referring to the "interference" on Howard, that was not interference seeing as how the puck was still in play, he was on the edge of the crease and he was not interfered because it's only called inside the blue paint. Unless you are blind, that was a legitimate call. Not like it would have helped Detroit win anyway, San Jose are a far healthier team then Detroit and would have dominated overtime periods if that's what it took.

10+ Year Old Account
    Commentator: These guys look like they haven't played in a week.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice goal by Tampa there.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Lightning strikes first.

---------- Post added 2011-05-14 at 05:35 PM ----------

And apparently strikes twice.

lawl 2-0 such a bad goal