I know. But like you said the ref was starring right at him. He watched the puck smack him right in his bare face and go in. Whatever though, it didn't cost them the game or anything and Thomas wasn't too hurt by it. I guess that's all that matters.

I will never forget about Savard. I really hope he is able to come back, but obviously he has to look out for his own health. Would be shame if he never plays again though. Such a talented player. His OT goal in game one of the Philly series last year was absolutely magical. Hollywood couldn't have written it to happen any better. And I love how people sit there and laugh anytime something bad happens to a Bruins player, then say "how does it feel to have a taste of your own medicine?". They've obviously forgotten about Savard. He was the whole reason for the headshot rules. Gotta love butthurt fans. Chara hit, unintentional. Cooke hit, intentional. Chara, one time thing. Cooke, repeat offender. That's all I'm gonna say on that though. Not going to argue about it and this isn't really the place for it.

Anyways, here's to Thursday. Damn ticket prices jumped up dramatically for the EFC games down here, so I don't get to attend now.

Huge Bruins fan here... well, All Boston sports in general. Loving they finally gave Seguin some ice time... boy the kid has stepped up with the chance given to him! Lets hope Bergs can get back and be as effective as he's been before the concussion... he was playing real well.

I wiped the groups I was in a few times last night because I was putting more attention to the game than tanking =)

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Good game, Tampa almost came back from that. Seguin's pro night saved the B's I'd say. Maybe they can keep it up? I still have doubts they can but you never know.

For some reason I thought that game was supposed to be at St. Pete Times and not TD Garden though...
    red panda red panda red panda!

National Post, Canada's Newspaper? I think not.

It's sad to see that the East has such a tough time with Vancouver success. Whether it be the great weather, brilliant scenery, access to the best ski resort in North America one hour away, 3 hours from Canada's 'napa valley', a mini silicon valley and really rediculously attractive women, I'm starting to think that TO is a little jealous of the West.

Sure it's easy to cheer for Alberta teams, they're ugly, they work hard, and they supply us with beef and oil. Frankly, they'd probably kick the tar out of us if we didn't, so we throw them a few 'good on ya's' and make sure they have enough Tim Hortons drive throughs that can fit those massive trucks they drive.

Toronto and Ottawa are starting to come off like that aging cougar that used to be hot and popular and is just bitter and angry that someone younger and hotter is getting all the limelight.

Let's get this straight, Ontario. We still love you, for you. Sure, we had some fun times and you got that tattoo and it was bitchin and rad and we did tons of blow and hookers and all your broker buddies in their suits paid the bill so it was cool, but.....that was then. We've grown up, we're looking after our health. We've decided to cook a little at home with all this great fresh seafood we have, and fantastic VQA wines (Joie farms just won the cali competition!) We're doing more skiing, hiking, sailing and kitesurfing. We're doing yoga, and eating sushi, and exploring the world of single malt scotches.

Ontario, you're that fun frat party we went to, and while everyone had big pecs and wore Ed Hardy and there were keggers and a sweet urban hip hop soundtrack (even though most of us were white, it felt pretty edgy and most agreed it was 'dope'), ultimately, we all woke up smelling of farts and stale beer and shame.

We love you, you'll always be special to us, but don't hate us because we've moved on. Keep in touch mkay? Friend me on facebook and we should totally go for coffee, promise.

ps. Good luck with the tribal tattos! I think they still look kinda neat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukkatime View Post
    I know. But like you said the ref was starring right at him. He watched the puck smack him right in his bare face and go in. Whatever though, it didn't cost them the game or anything and Thomas wasn't too hurt by it. I guess that's all that matters.
    In a "goal scoring situation" it is up to the refs discretion whether to blow the play dead as soon as the goalie is helmetless or not. I guess they felt it was such a situation because it was essentially an empty net and Tampa had control of the puck. Pretty shitty rule really when you consider that in most goal scoring situations, the offensive team is going to be shooting at the helmetless goalie which makes no freaking sense at all. It is one of those situations that is hard to make right like the official "intending" to blow the whistle in his mind and canceling out a goal. Thomas' helmet didn't break because of a Tampa shot or stick which would justify its removal, like happened in a Detroit game and in a Philly game this postseason, and therefore a stoppage in play. Thomas lost his helmet because his own player fell on him. It doesn't seem like a legitimate whistle to call regardless of safety issues if your helmet is lost because of your own player without giving the other team some sort of compensation. Maybe that should be a penalty or penalty shot. Currently it is a potential non-stoppage of play potentially resulting in the goalie getting hit in the face with the puck which just seems absolutely stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you conscript, a penalty shot would be a fair solution if the player had a legitimate scoring chance. Plus you don't want to see any goalie take a puck to the face, which is exactly what happened last night. Luckily Thomas was ok.

---------- Post added 2011-05-18 at 05:20 PM ----------

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6563872

I really hope the Thrashers stay in Atlanta. Hockey belongs in Philips Arena, the games there are an absolute blast win or lose. I went to the canucks game there in mid march, Thrashers lost 3-2 I believe but they really stayed in it and made it entertaining. Winnipeg deserves a team but I would love to see hockey stay in Atlanta.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    It's sad to see that the East has such a tough time with Vancouver success. Whether it be the great weather, brilliant scenery, access to the best ski resort in North America one hour away, 3 hours from Canada's 'napa valley', a mini silicon valley and really rediculously attractive women, I'm starting to think that TO is a little jealous of the West.
    I lived in Vancouver for 2 years, it's not that great.

Great weather, sure, if 4 straight months of solid grey sky and rain in winter is great, then barely t-shirt worthy temperatures in the summer.

Brilliant scenery you have to travel outside of Vancouver to see... like everywhere else in the country. Even then, Nova Scotia scenery is just as breathtaking (Cape Breton Highlands for example).

Asians exist in Halifax (or the east) too, btw. Also can't speak much for women but there's more attractive guys in Halifax than I ever saw in GV.

Sooo... all you got on us is Whistler/Blackcomb, and better salmon.

That being said, I agree with everything about Toronto and Ontario. Dirty province is dirty. Coastal provinces represent!

Also, go Canucks...!
    Last edited by Asera; 2011-05-18 at 09:26 PM.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Haters gonna hate.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    too many Canadians on these forums.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    It's a hockey thread, wtf did you expect?

i wasn't expecting so many canuck fans :3

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I lived in Vancouver for 2 years, it's not that great.

Great weather, sure, if 4 straight months of solid grey sky and rain in winter is great, then barely t-shirt worthy temperatures in the summer.

Brilliant scenery you have to travel outside of Vancouver to see... like everywhere else in the country. Even then, Nova Scotia scenery is just as breathtaking (Cape Breton Highlands for example).

Asians exist in Halifax (or the east) too, btw. Also can't speak much for women but there's more attractive guys in Halifax than I ever saw in GV.

Sooo... all you got on us is Whistler/Blackcomb, and better salmon.

That being said, I agree with everything about Toronto and Ontario. Dirty province is dirty. Coastal provinces represent!

Also, go Canucks...!
    I'm sorry to say that you definitely had the wrong tour guide while you were over here in Vancouver then.. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    It's a hockey thread, wtf did you expect?
    NHL Playoff thread.

Canadian NHL teams - 6
    USA NHL Teams - 24

Canadian teams still in Playoffs - 1
    US Teams still in playoffs - 3

10+ Year Old Account
    NHL Playoff thread.

Canadian NHL teams - 6
    USA NHL Teams - 24

Canadian teams still in Playoffs - 1
    US Teams still in playoffs - 3
    NHL's popularity in Canada - Incredibly high
    NHL's popularity in USA - Playoff overtime game ranks just below a horse racing pre-show.

One hour until game time, lets see some predictions!

10+ Year Old Account
    A part of me wishes there was both no NBA and NFL next season so the NHL could build its popularity up in the states. Another part of me loves how hockey is more of an "underground" sport.o

---------- Post added 2011-05-18 at 08:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by animeguru08 View Post
    One hour until game time, lets see some predictions!
    sharks 4-3
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Canucks 5-3 (The 5th being empty netter).

2-1 canucks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    NHL's popularity in Canada - Incredibly high
    NHL's popularity in USA - Playoff overtime game ranks just below a horse racing pre-show.
    I'd love to see the evidence that supports this, cause Hockey popularity in the states is growing rapidly each and every year.

wiki:
    The 2010 Stanley Cup play-offs saw the largest audience in the history of the sport "after a regular season that saw record-breaking business success, propelled in large part by the NHL's strategy of engaging fans through big events and robust digital offerings."[119] This success has resulted in a 66 percent rise in NHL advertising and sponsorship revenue. Collins said "It was a great Stanley Cup run, really across every possible metric .... Our fans are consuming more hockey." Merchandise sales were up 22 percent and the number of unique visitors on the NHL.com website were up 17 percent during the playoffs after rising 29 percent in the regular season
    So hockey is clearly getting more popular here.
    And yeah, i know your horse racing comparison was sarcasm but it irks me when people think hockey shouldn't be in the states, and that being a hockey fan from the states means we are bandwagon fans or something. get that stereotype outta here.
    prediction:
    Sharks win 4-2 tonight.
    Last edited by Agallochh; 2011-05-19 at 12:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see the evidence that supports this, cause Hockey popularity in the states is growing rapidly each and every year.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_on_...fs_controversy