Stamkos to Toronto in 5 years

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronk View Post
    Stamkos to Toronto in 5 years
    Wouldn't surprise me. If Toronto stays along their current progression path they will be on the cusp of being a real competitor for the Cup. A superstar could push them over the top and remove their laughing stock status. Plus he will make absolute bank in his contract and the ridiculous amount of endorsement deals he would get playing in Canada.

---------- Post added 2011-07-20 at 04:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Fuck yeah it is.
    Anyway, Osgood retires, as a Red wings fan for life and someone who has always liked Osgood, he really shouldn't get in the Hall of Fame :x

Also Stamkos signs to 5 years, good on him, realizing he can get more money in 5 years and will be an UFA.
    The Osgood Hall of Fame status still befuddles me as it has for years now. The dude has seriously incredible stats. His 400+ wins and great GAA to go with 3 Cups, 2 as the starter, are absolutely great. I don't think there has been a single time in watching him for all 17 of those years that I have thought, you know this guy is a game changer, more than a few times in Detroit and the season eh was with the Isles when he carried them to the playoffs. When I think Hall of Fame goalies I think of Roy, Brodeur, and Hasek over the last decade and change. I really hate that in my mind I am punishing the guy for the team he played on. The Wings have just been so damn great all throughout his career regardless of who was the goalie for the team that I don't think I give Osgood enough credit for being as good as he actually was.

I love the guy, but I don't think he is a Hall of Famer personally. I think he will get in eventually just because his stats are great. The Hall should be reserved for guys that were dominant forces in the league. Guys who won awards. Guys who at any given time in the league you could point at and say he is a top 1-3 player at his position. Never once in his career from having watched the guy what feels like a thousand times did I ever think of Ozzie as a top 3 goalie in the NHL.

In a way, Osgood is the reverse Lindros. Lindros was the type of player I consider Hall worthy. He was a dominant force in the NHL. He was a guy you had to game plan for. The problem was his career was cut short and suffered because of injury. Osgood had a long and storied career. He has the phenomenal career stats that scream Hall of Famer. He doesn't have that "next level" feel to him though like Lindros or Bure did, both of which are still not in the Hall.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerieadk View Post
    If I were him I'd be satisfied. He hasn't been around very long and his first season in the playoffs he goes to the game 7 in ECF against a team that is dirtier than the dirt my house is build on. Good deal imo.
    lololol and yet the Canucks diving like a bunch of pussies was any better? At least the right team won the Cup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post

The Osgood Hall of Fame status still befuddles me as it has for years now. The dude has seriously incredible stats. His 400+ wins and great GAA to go with 3 Cups, 2 as the starter, are absolutely great. I don't think there has been a single time in watching him for all 17 of those years that I have thought, you know this guy is a game changer, more than a few times in Detroit and the season eh was with the Isles when he carried them to the playoffs. When I think Hall of Fame goalies I think of Roy, Brodeur, and Hasek over the last decade and change. I really hate that in my mind I am punishing the guy for the team he played on. The Wings have just been so damn great all throughout his career regardless of who was the goalie for the team that I don't think I give Osgood enough credit for being as good as he actually was.

I love the guy, but I don't think he is a Hall of Famer personally. I think he will get in eventually just because his stats are great. The Hall should be reserved for guys that were dominant forces in the league. Guys who won awards. Guys who at any given time in the league you could point at and say he is a top 1-3 player at his position. Never once in his career from having watched the guy what feels like a thousand times did I ever think of Ozzie as a top 3 goalie in the NHL.

In a way, Osgood is the reverse Lindros. Lindros was the type of player I consider Hall worthy. He was a dominant force in the NHL. He was a guy you had to game plan for. The problem was his career was cut short and suffered because of injury. Osgood had a long and storied career. He has the phenomenal career stats that scream Hall of Famer. He doesn't have that "next level" feel to him though like Lindros or Bure did, both of which are still not in the Hall.
    The fact that Bure isn't in the HoF still disgusts me, the guy was one of the most talented players the game ever saw, but because of injury problems, he couldn't stay dominant for as long as he could of. I'm sure Ozzie will get in the Hall of Fame just because of his 400+ wins, but if he was on any other team, he wouldn't have close to the wins he has. Osgood has always been that goalie we could count on to not lose us games, but look at how many years we tried to replace him. Love the guy, and glad he played for the Wings for 14 years.

The Hockey hall of fame, seems to eager to put players in the Hall just because they had some good numbers. The Hall really doesn't mean much =\
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    lololol and yet the Canucks diving like a bunch of pussies was any better? At least the right team won the Cup.
    Wait what did he say about the Canucks?
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account

Here is the new Jets logo(s). Uniform yet to be released.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post

Here is the new Jets logo(s). Uniform yet to be released.
    Actually that looks really damn good. Well done Winnipeg

10+ Year Old Account
    i like the new logo, represents the old logo of the rcaf in world war 2, and of course the jetfighter of today

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love the Jets logo, it's really classy. Apparently Wayne Gretzky's son has signed with the Chicago Cubs at 18 years old, he was drafted by them.

10+ Year Old Account
    east conference standing predictions

1.boston
    2.wsh
    3.pitts
    4.tb
    5.nyr
    6.mtl
    7.nj
    8.tor/car - these 2 teams will push for 8th, i don't see philly doing well. i think they lost too much in the carter/richard deals

10+ Year Old Account
    My Western conference standing predictions, not necessarily in order, are

Van
    Det
    SJ
    Nsh
    LA
    Chi
    Ana
    Stl

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post

1.boston
    2.wsh
    3.pitts
    4.tb
    5.nyr
    6.mtl
    7.nj
    8.tor/car - these 2 teams will push for 8th, i don't see philly doing well. i think they lost too much in the carter/richard deals
    Montreal hasn't really improved their roster much over the summer, so IF they make the playoffs it will be because Price won't be forced to play 70 games in the regular season. They need a backup who can play 25 games so they don't kill Price and cause him injuries, they are going to get pushed around by a lot of teams in the East this year because they have bigger players as well so I think they need some size up front. New Jersey isn't going anywhere this coming season. Buffalo and Toronto are too far improved for the Devils to make the playoffs, we have seen what the Leafs are capable of and the Sabres made some huge deals that have pretty much solidified that they will be a threat this year. The East is going to be a very tough conference, no spots are guaranteed but I can't see Carolina doing much more when they don't upgrade their roster very much. Staal, Skinner and Ward are their go to guys, though since they signed Kaberle I think they might have improved a bit more as his addition will give them some much needed puck moving out of the back end.

At this point the East is up in the air and I don't see a guaranteed spot open for any team that is actually either already competitive or have improved greatly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post

1.boston
    2.wsh
    3.pitts
    4.tb
    5.nyr
    6.mtl
    7.nj
    People are thinking way too highly of Richards and Carter, Richards was overpayed for a 70 point player, and Carter nor Richards have really had head turning seasons. Jagr is better than Richards and Carter, Schenn will be better than Richards/Carter and Philly gaining a great goalie in Bryz is gonna help a lot. Philly could easily win their division again, let alone make the playoffs.

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 03:04 AM ----------

Van
    Det
    SJ
    Nsh
    LA
    Chi
    Ana
    Stl
    You're expecting the Blues to make it? The signings of "Past his prime" and 'Was never actually very good" really that game changing?
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think people are putting to much stock in simmonds and voraeck

jagr isn't better then them 2 at all.

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 01:15 AM ----------

Montreal hasn't really improved their roster much over the summer, so IF they make the playoffs it will be because Price won't be forced to play 70 games in the regular season. They need a backup who can play 25 games so they don't kill Price and cause him injuries, they are going to get pushed around by a lot of teams in the East this year because they have bigger players as well so I think they need some size up front. New Jersey isn't going anywhere this coming season. Buffalo and Toronto are too far improved for the Devils to make the playoffs, we have seen what the Leafs are capable of and the Sabres made some huge deals that have pretty much solidified that they will be a threat this year. The East is going to be a very tough conference, no spots are guaranteed but I can't see Carolina doing much more when they don't upgrade their roster very much. Staal, Skinner and Ward are their go to guys, though since they signed Kaberle I think they might have improved a bit more as his addition will give them some much needed puck moving out of the back end.

At this point the East is up
    in the air and I don't see a guaranteed spot open for any team that is actually either already competitive or have improved greatly.

i agree about buffalo, but i think Jersey will be strong this year, i think marty is gonna bounce back and baring injuries that team is better then others

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 02:26 AM ----------

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=372268 more on the boogaard death

10+ Year Old Account

Van
    Det
    SJ
    Nsh
    LA
    Chi
    Ana
    Stl
    Dallas will be instead of stl fyi

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn guys. I really miss hockey. It's nice going out and doing stuff.. but there should be exhibition games all summer. Maybe just on Saturdays... CBC sucks otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always preferred watching Hockey on TSN, I hate Don Cherry and now that Mcguire is gone from TSN, nothing bad about it

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Always preferred watching Hockey on TSN, I hate Don Cherry and now that Mcguire is gone from TSN, nothing bad about it
    There is still a lot wrong with TSN. Mainly their whole staff actually.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is still a lot wrong with TSN. Mainly their whole staff actually.
    Still better than basically anything we get stateside lol.

Kabookie if you don't have Philly in the playoffs you are 100% out of your mind. They are going to be as good if not better than last season. Richards and Carter are tremendously overrated if people think trading them is going to actually knock the team out of a playoff spot in the East.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I've been invited to a Capitals game with my friends in Virginia.

Probably gonna be the season opener versus Carolina, or the game after versus Tampa Bay.

Here's my standing predictions!:

East:
    Penguins
    Capitals
    Bruins
    Flyers
    Canadiens
    Lightning
    Jets
    Devils

West:
    Ducks