High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hockey sucks.

inb4shitstorm

[User was Infracted for this Post]
    Last edited by Radux; 2011-08-14 at 07:51 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoy your time off.

Detroit Lions will make the playoff's this year. Also hockey is awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DasHuntard View Post
    Ahh Hockey

just gonna get disappointed by the Avalanche again this year
    le sigh

so lets go Canucks
    The avalanche have improved there roster a lot since last season. Expect stastny to have a break out season. If Varly stays relatively healthy the Avs will be serious contenders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rick Rypien was found dead in his home at 27.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=373855

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who?

Moarnotes

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Who?

Moarnotes
    Most consider him one of the toughest Canucks we've had in recent memory. Didn't give a fuck about size and fought just about anyone.

Pound for pound he was probably one of the best fighters in the league.
    Last edited by Xevan; 2011-08-16 at 05:11 AM.
    I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    a sad day in sports. in other news espn has yet another post about Crosby, again about his "recovery" can we get a break from news about him yet?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    News about Crosby isn't news, it's just retards trying to stroke his epeen more, like the kid needs even more of an ego boost. I can't stand him, he isn't the best player in the NHL by any means either and I wish people would stop acting like he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    News about Crosby isn't news, it's just retards trying to stroke his epeen more, like the kid needs even more of an ego boost. I can't stand him, he isn't the best player in the NHL by any means either and I wish people would stop acting like he is.
    Calm down there. He's easily the best offensive player in the league. And isn't that all media ever look at? The points-sheet?

EDIT: But that doesn't mean I stand the smug "#%#¤ of "&¤%.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    a sad day in sports. in other news espn has yet another post about Crosby, again about his "recovery" can we get a break from news about him yet?
    Nope. As long as he remains the best player and most popular player in the NHL, you can expect to read daily coverage on his headaches. It is like Kobe in the NBA.

Shame to hear about Rypien. The TSN transaction/injury list for him is brutal. It actually lists deceased.

---------- Post added 2011-08-16 at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Howler View Post
    The avalanche have improved there roster a lot since last season. Expect stastny to have a break out season. If Varly stays relatively healthy the Avs will be serious contenders.
    This is a joke right? They haven't improved their roster. Like at all. They added Varly, a decent goalie they are massively overpaying both in cash and in giving up a pick they didn't have to give up for him. They added 0 pieces to the offense of a significant nature while losing Fleischmann who was a point a game player for the Avs in his 22 games there. They lost their best defensman in JML. To replace JML they brought in Jan Hejda who can't replace JMLs offensive production at all, especially on the power play. The Avs are going to be worse this season especially considering that the rest of their division got better. The Flames are the Flames, who the hell knows. Minnesota should be much better. Edmonton will assuredly be better, because they can't get much worse and their talent is aging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Calm down there. He's easily the best offensive player in the league. And isn't that all media ever look at? The points-sheet?

EDIT: But that doesn't mean I stand the smug "#%#¤ of "&¤%.
    He's not easily the best offensive player. He's in the discussion, but he's not Gretskys or Lemieux, and I highly doubt he ever will be. Crosby has lead the league in points once.
    Last edited by Irony; 2011-08-17 at 12:39 AM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    He's not easily the best offensive player. He's in the discussion, but he's not Gretskys or Lemieux, and I highly doubt he ever will be. Crosby has lead the league in points once.
    He's the best active one, then. :P

Also, he's won the Art Ross once
    Look at his 10/11 tally. Until his injury he had like almost 40-50% more points than the second. Had he not been injured, he'd have smoked Daniel Sedin, easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    He's the best active one, then. :P

Also, he's won the Art Ross once
    Look at his 10/11 tally. Until his injury he had like almost 40-50% more points than the second. Had he not been injured, he'd have smoked Daniel Sedin, easily.
    Active wise? No, he's still not easily the best active offensive player. Also hot streaks start and end, we have no idea how many points he could of ended with.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Nothing less tiring than people constantly complaining about Crosby. Seriously, it hasn't got old yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Nothing less tiring than people constantly complaining about Crosby. Seriously, it hasn't got old yet.
    Exactly this. Some people love him, some people hate him, most people respect his skill. But nobody gives a flying fuck what category you put yourself in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwntatoes View Post
    I told my friend I was going to McDonalds, but I actually went to Burger King. Kind of rude, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    Bring her some ribbon candy and worthers original. Old Bitches love ribbon candy and worthers original.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Complaining =\= voicing an opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let's not go off on another Crosby tirade. Just let it go.

P.S. I had a hockey dream last night. Pathetic, I know. 33 days until the first pre-season game.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Active wise? No, he's still not easily the best active offensive player. Also hot streaks start and end, we have no idea how many points he could of ended with.
    So whom is this prodigy that's better than Crosby? Do mind, I'm not fond of Crosby, but that doesn't mean he's not great at what he does.
    I'd say you've got a pickle with him.

EDIT: sorry fuzzzie, I posted before I saw yours. I'll drop this now.

I also dreamt hockey. I was back as goalie, but this time I had no pads on the upperbody, so I begged people to not shoot high-ies.

I think the more important thing that you guys who argue about CROSBY IS BEST NO HE ISN"T overlook is that this guy suffered a pretty serious concussion. Paging Marc Savard, anyone? It would be pretty devastating to hockey fans worldwide if Crosby never fully recovered... yes, even if you hate him. The worst thing that can happen for a real sports fan is to have someone as dominant as him never reach their full potential because of injury or personality issues or some other problem that arises. This is not me shoving my nose up Crosby's ass. This is me having genuine concern for one of the bright young stars of the game.