Stan Mikita's head demands more killer whale to devour!

Probably the best thing that happened in game 4 from a Canuck fan perspective - BOOM BOOM BIEKSA:

And I think Marcelos might like this one, lol :P

I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Probably the best thing that happened in game 4 from a Canuck fan perspective - BOOM BOOM BIEKSA:

And I think Marcelos might like this one, lol :P

obvious dive is obvous? must have Graduated from crosby's school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping for Flyers to finally grab Stanley after so many many years!

I'd be fine with a Capitals or Ducks victory though!

Canucks lost oh well. I am more pissed off at the pizza boy who was an hour and a half late.

I am rooting for the Penguins, for a long time they were the closest team to us here in Ohio. The Blue Jackets can't make the playoffs and they just stink, plus i live a hundred miles away from Columbus and I just can't get into them. Other than the Penguins I like Montreal, they were the NHL affiliate for our ECHL team the Cyclones for years until they got stupid last season and became affiliated with the terrible Florida Panthers. It's pretty neat to watch David Desharnais play in NHL after watching the amazing rookie season he had with our team, I hope he can do well with Montreal.

Not going to lie, I didn't think this forum was going to get so many responses. Anyways my opinion has changed drastically since I first posted this.. I think Montreal/Vancouver have a great shot at winning the cup now this year as well as Detroit. Although I do not want to see Detroit in the finals again.

Quote Originally Posted by Videcaa View Post
    Not going to lie, I didn't think this forum was going to get so many responses. Anyways my opinion has changed drastically since I first posted this.. I think Montreal/Vancouver have a great shot at winning the cup now this year as well as Detroit. Although I do not want to see Detroit in the finals again.
    id like to see my Kings make it in, but if they keep having collapses like last night...

No love for the sharks around here?

Last nights game was probably one of the best comeback efforts Ive seen in any sport, its being replayed on NHL net today I believe.

I'd like to see my sharkies make it to the finals after some disappointing playoff runs in the past few years, but honestly as long as its not another Det/Pit final or something like that Im happy.

Here's to the best time of the year!! Hockey playoffs > everything else

Quote Originally Posted by mista dabolina View Post

Last nights game was probably one of the best comeback efforts Ive seen in any sport, its being replayed on NHL net today I believe.

I'd like to see my sharkies make it to the finals after some disappointing playoff runs in the past few years, but honestly as long as its not another Det/Pit final or something like that Im happy.

honestly lacking crosby/malkin i do not see the pens having the depth to go to the finals. they may make it past tampa but there is just too much talent elsewehre in teh east.
    detroit on the other hand, can make it, but they will have there hands full with vancouver.

Just want to say, something very awesome about hockey fans: there's a lot of goodwill between them, even when the rivalry is at its most intense. Gloves are off (like they should be) when rivalries rear their heads, but there's a definite and strong camaraderie there. ANY other thread with this much heat between different people would've dissolved into petty insults long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Just want to say, something very awesome about hockey fans: there's a lot of goodwill between them, even when the rivalry is at its most intense. Gloves are off (like they should be) when rivalries rear their heads, but there's a definite and strong camaraderie there. ANY other thread with this much heat between different people would've dissolved into petty insults long ago.
    you know what rivalry i want to see rear its ugly head again? Detroit Versus Colorado, man those were ugly, brutal, fun games to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by RDIFB View Post
    you know what rivalry i want to see rear its ugly head again? Detroit Versus Colorado, man those were ugly, brutal, fun games to watch.
    Oh do not get me started about the Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Oh do not get me started about the Avalanche
    Red Wings fan? yeah what he did to Draper was not pretty. i love the guty who said "I can't believe i freakin shook his hand" but mad props to Maltby for making him Turtle.

honestly lacking crosby/malkin i do not see the pens having the depth to go to the finals. they may make it past tampa but there is just too much talent elsewehre in teh east.
    detroit on the other hand, can make it, but they will have there hands full with vancouver.
    Very true, I have hope that this year Pit will fall flat on their faces, but you never know....

As for Vancouver, everyone is going to have their hands full with them. Whoever they meet in the next 2-3 rounds..... thats a series nobody should miss

Keeping it in the first round though, this sharks/kings series is just getting started =) I say sharks in OT in game 7 =P
    Frostybuds - 85 Undead Mage - Kalecgos
    Róòr - 85 Goblin Death Knight - Kalecgos
    Dankovich - 85 Troll Priest - Kalecgos

Red Wings fan? yeah what he did to Draper was not pretty. i love the guty who said "I can't believe i freakin shook his hand" but mad props to Maltby for making him Turtle.
    Wow I see a true hockey fan here. What he did to Draper was dispicable! That is not hockey, Lemieux was at best a coward. Ciccarelli was the one who stated he was disgusted he shook his hand and the guy who turtled him was McCarty.

I really hate the new NHL and the way the refs decied the flow and tone of the game. To many cheap calls early and then they put away the whistle towards the end of the game.
    Chi and Vann, 2 players where thrown out for talking....for effin talking before the whistle drop...really? Let them fight and you dont' get the cheap shit that plagued the game til the end. That way you don't get a fighter going after a skilled guy like what happened a few minutes later. Let the brawlers brawl...not a brawler vs a scorer. Torres should be gone for the playoffs for his play, and cheap ass hits. So should Doan for kneeing Franzen after tripping him on a line change.
    This play off season is starting ugly and the lack of dropping the gloves is leading to it.
    Last edited by Chasey; 2011-04-20 at 05:08 PM.

can't believe the kings blew a 4 goal lead, didn't help how the refs started handing the sharks power plays when we went up, but if we didn't go completely flat we would of been fine.

oh well, not bad for a team without kopitar i guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mista dabolina View Post

I don't think there is really a lack of love for the Sharks. Its just that you guys are the biggest cock tease ever. Every year its "the Sharks are finally going to do it" and every year there is an epic flame out as Jumbo Joe and the other top liners for the Sharks inevitably collapse and their fantastic role scorers can't keep up the pace. You can already see it happening again this season. Thornton has all of 1 assist and is a +0. The Sharks need him, and yet again he is failing to deliver. I really, really want to see the Sharks succeed as I have loved that team since the 90s. Besides, you guys got the best play by play voice in hockey in Randy Hahn. Blades of Steel 99 for life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikkarra View Post
    can't believe the kings blew a 4 goal lead, didn't help how the refs started handing the sharks power plays when we went up, but if we didn't go completely flat we would of been fine.

oh well, not bad for a team without kopitar i guess.
    happens every time one team goes up more than a couple in a game. Detroit has watched for 3 games now as Phoenix has been handed 3ish Power Plays a game, meanwhile Shane Doan can run around be a complete moron and get away with it (except when he did runs at Lids, the refs sent him to his home away from home.)

it's honestly the most annoying thing about the playoffs these days, the refs make so many judgement calls that completely ignore the rule book, it's starting to ruin it for me.

for example in game one, where stoll got suspended this happened.

http://youtu.be/_dz_16c7Tvw

notice the ref staring at the play.