10+ Year Old Account
    Toronto scores shorthanded? Tsk, tsk Montreal.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Is it just me or is Air Canada centre eerily empty right now..
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Is it just me or is Air Canada centre eerily empty right now..
    People are just getting back to there seats after the intermission.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lombardi with a sick roofer off a rebound while Price was down.

---------- Post added 2011-10-06 at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Toronto scores shorthanded? Tsk, tsk Montreal.
    U jelly brah?

15+ Year Old Account
    This hitting hesitation is ridiculous..

IMO the players should just keep doing what they've been doing, and see how long that rule and the safety prick lasts in office when 3/4 of the league is suspended after a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The sad thing is that he was once again right, if players could actually play physically without getting punished for it, the Leafs vs Habs game wouldn't be a boring piece of crap that it has been, because Montreal would be getting crushed physically.
    Yeah, but he came close to getting himself into trouble again, talking about the suicides. It looked like he was going to blame them on the 'changes', for a minute there. I'm glad he didn't, I think that would have been really disrespectful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    This hitting hesitation is ridiculous..

IMO the players should just keep doing what they've been doing, and see how long that rule and the safety prick lasts in office when 3/4 of the league is suspended after a month.
    Firstly, if you ever call Shanny a prick again I'll drive to Nova Scotia and check you in the head.
    Secondly, they'll figure it out. Stop listening to Milbury the super whiner. This will all be fine. Every suspension handed out was deserved. Penalties might be a little shaky right now, but that will calm down. Every time they change the rules on penalties they jump up but eventually slow down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Firstly, if you ever call Shanny a prick again I'll drive to Nova Scotia and check you in the head.
    I just pictured a video of Shanahan explaining why an otter was suspended for a hit to the head.

15+ Year Old Account
    Secondly, they'll figure it out. Stop listening to Milbury the super whiner. This will all be fine. Every suspension handed out was deserved. Penalties might be a little shaky right now, but that will calm down. Every time they change the rules on penalties they jump up but eventually slow down.
    Depending how long it takes for this rule to even out physical play... you might want to start driving now. ><

Then again I could very well still be used to playoff action, the only preseason game I watched was Capitals VS Chicago a few days ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I just pictured a video of Shanahan explaining why an otter was suspended for a hit to the head.
    The onus is on the otter to not deliver the stick check to the head. Asera did not significantly change the position of his head either prior to or during the hit. After considering the lack of a history of suspensions, we have decided to suspend Conscript 5 games and going forward he will be considered a repeat offender.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a matter of knowing the line. Players with any amount of experience in the NHL should be able to tell the difference between making a legitimate hit and a bad one. You can clearly see where the line is between a player is vulnerable to injury from a hit like a head shot, and one that is just a standard check. I dislike players not finishing their checks, that is unacceptable and it makes the game boring, but boarding hits (hits from behind in general) and open ice head shots need to stop. Why not just make it a 5 minute major if you board someone and can be disciplined if you head shot someone in that way?

And refs calling a shit penalty against Bozak, they should lay off the crack or take their Habs fanboy goggles off.

Toronto seems like a completely different team in the Second Period.. Come on Leafs!

15+ Year Old Account
    The onus is on the otter to not deliver the stick check to the head. Asera did not significantly change the position of his head either prior to or during the hit. After considering the lack of a history of suspensions, we have decided to suspend Conscript 5 games and going forward he will be considered a repeat offender.
    Now I am picturing an Otter checking Totoro into boards...

Not cool.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Tigers are playing in a do or die elimination game, and I am watching the Bruins and the Flyers lol. God I love hockey. I just wish Dish Network carried CBC so I could watch the Leafs game.

I can see Raffi Torres playing in like 8 games this year...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    Toronto seems like a completely different team in the Second Period.. Come on Leafs!
    agreed. they picked it up and got a bunch of good opportunities.

hopefully they keep it going and put another one away tonight

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeneye7 View Post
    You truly are the most annoying Detroit fan i have ever had the displeasure to have any contact with in my entire life.
    First, Detroit is not some godlike figure you paint it out to be, they do good every season, like the other teams that make it too the playoffs, stop over exaggerating.
    Second, The same thing can be said about them not using their, as you call it "Full arsenal" against Grand Rapids.
    Third, Way to bias your opinion to a rediculous proportion, refs handing Chicago in the final game of the season? Really? Ill just take it from this point you have no idea what you are talking about. Detroit is good, but they have a bad name from idiot fans like yourself, who could use a little less bashing and arrogance in their personalities. Just because you dont like a team doesnt mean you have to bash them with a biased opinion.
    If it matters, im a blues fan.
    P.S 10 > 3.
    1st of all, i don't make detroit to be god like. but lets look at box scores k?

heres the last game of last season
    http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxs...104100CHI.html - Detroit NEVER HAD A POWER PLAY. NOT ONCE. Chicago didn't play that game clean either. How Much more biased in your favor can the game get?
    Note who Chicago has out - Hossa, Kane, Frolik, Keith, seabrook, Sharp, Toews, and Crawford. obviously, in the regular season your going to field your big guns
    now lets look at the preseason game in question -
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=400057720
    Note who Chicago has out - Hossa, Kane, Frolik, Keith, Seabrook, NO SHARP (Injured i presume), Toews, and Crawford, my god, its a preseason game and they have most there roster. now, Look at who teh Wings Fielded....the biggest names i see is Abdelkader, Helm, and Conklin.
    wow, way to field your starting roster against a bunch of AHL players....You talk about biased opinions, how biased is it that in the last game of the season, a game that Chicago had to win to make the playoffs, on home ice, the away team never got a power play? you say Chicago didnt field there full arsenal, so let me ask you this, aside from an injured player, who did CHICAGO NOT FIELD? as for your blues beating the Wings 10 - 3, how did that work for you in the playoffs? oh wait, you didnt make it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Got the hockey IRC channel going

Quakenet
    #mmoc-hockey

Will be pushing it more as the season goes. Watching the game in the other room today though! Happy Hockey everyone!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    First, there's a thing called the Salary Cap, last season the hawks had to dump a lot of quality players, and then they couldn't even pick anyone up after that, they spent a lot of the season mix and matching. The best thing that happened for the hawks was picking up Frolik and Crawford stepping up his game in the Playoffs, there really wasn't anything they could do. Now the Hawks have some breathing room from dumping Brian Campbells contract off in Florida.

Second, i don't think you can say the Hawks almost lost that preseason game, unless you think getting a heaping 3 shots on goal in the third period is going to get you into an OT or even a win...

Like I said, I'm holding it to you, so wait until regular season, and you can see how bad Detroit really is.
    i seem to require that Chicago scored 3 Power Play goals, and a Flukey goal in that game, against a predominately AHL team, while Fielding there best, with the exception of Sharp, who i presume is/was injured. thats right, Detroit was ahead for the mass majority of a game, with the mass majority of there team being from the minors, against the best Chicago has to field. Just don't be sorry when Detroit beats you this year. and if Chicago does beat the red wings, fair and square, than grats to them, the better team won.

Go Blackhawks!
    This bog is thick and easy to get lost in.