Apparently Rinne just signed a 7-year extension believed to be in the $49M range. Good for that dude, definitely one of the best in the league the last couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Well... you are facing Columbus...
    Last thing I hope Leafs do is underestimate an opponent. Gustavsson is almost every period allowing at least one goal in, he's made some great saves, but I still feel like we're going to need at least 4 goals to win.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but there is so much more to a game then goals against and goals for. Sure, Columbus could get 2 or 3 goals against him, but odds are they will be limited to 25 or less shots on net since the Leafs have such a high shot blocking percentage. Their only killer is special teams on the power play and penalty killing, improve those two areas the most and you will see the best team in the league on the ice every night. Part of the problem with the PK is retarded penalties in the first place, don't take them and that statistic goes down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gustavsson taking an interference penalty was just dumb. No reason for that. Otherwise he's been doing much better. He needs help from his team though. Too often i've seen skaters go right past the defense and take shots. Some resulting in goals.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well with Jeff Carter and Kristian Huselias both out for Columbus, that makes things a bit easier for the Leafs I think. Still, staying out of the box, making good use of the power play time and killing off penalties will be more keys to victory. If Pittsburgh loses tonight and Toronto wins, we are in 1st place in the league and conference.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 07:04 PM ----------

Oh shit, Ben Scrivens is starting tonight for Toronto. This may or may not be bad, I think it's the right time to swap Gusto out for a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    [/COLOR]Oh shit, Ben Scrivens is starting tonight for Toronto. This may or may not be bad, I think it's the right time to swap Gusto out for a rest.
    Win or lose: I agree.

Yeah but there is so much more to a game then goals against and goals for.
    But when you're almost always letting in at least 1 goal every period it can kill morale imo.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. Toronto has actually been pretty good with that actually, it's usually multiple goals in one period. Several games they have led at least one period without allowing a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
    As for the Bruins tonight: Classy move by Julien at the end of the game, sending all his fighters when there's 10 seconds left haha. Bet he was mad that TONIGHT refs were calling out those after-whistle hits. They are used to getting away with all of that stuff; it was hilarious to watch his face
    The Bruins are a cheap team? You are saying the Bruins are? Are you fucking kidding me? Someone please re-link Gionta skating through Reimer's crease and ELBWOING him in the head! And then having Moen not only score, but run the goalie at the same time. Yup, Montreal's not a cheap team IN THE SLIGHTEST /end sarcasm

The game against Jersey, I'm glad we won, great to see Lupul get a hat trick. That said, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THE PK? Holy hell, it was disgusting too watch. That said, glad too see them up 2-0 on Columbus considering how they usually are in the first period.

PS. Great too see Joey Crabb with another goal too, go Joey!

Not really. Toronto has actually been pretty good with that actually, it's usually multiple goals in one period. Several games they have led at least one period without allowing a goal.
    Oct. 20: Bruins - 2nd period
    Oct. 22: Habs - None
    Oct 24: Flyers - None
    Oct. 27: Rangers - 2nd period
    Oct. 29: Pens - 1st period
    Oct. 30: Sens - None
    Yesterday: Devils - 3rd period

That's 4 periods (5 if you want to count OT vs. Montreal) out of about 20 (one game where he replaced Reimer after the first) where he didn't let one in. I think he's getting better, but when he's playing right now I'm still worrying every period that at least one goal is probably going to happen.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So far they haven't let a goal in 25 minutes, and killed off a few penalties successfully this game. I guess that's something to be happy about. But Columbus sucks, however Scrivens has been solid in the net aside from that pass to Komisarek where he got plowed into the boards.

So far they haven't let a goal in 25 minutes, and killed off a few penalties successfully this game. I guess that's something to be happy about. But Columbus sucks, however Scrivens has been solid in the net aside from that pass to Komisarek where he got plowed into the boards.
    My comments are related to Gustavsson only, not Reimer or Scrivens. But yeah, if Scrivens keeps playing this way tonight then I hope they'll put him in net against Boston (even over Reimer at the moment).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Apparently Rinne just signed a 7-year extension believed to be in the $49M range. Good for that dude, definitely one of the best in the league the last couple years.
    Has to say, that took me by surprise. That completely wrecks my confidence that Weber wouldn't be a Pred after this year. Fucking bah.

Also, I am sending my laptop in for repair to the battery since it won't hold a charge, so if you see me type and it is missing the letter after U and before W, it is because I am on my sister's old laptop that that has that key completely broken with no way to actiwate that pad. So bad English and speaking like Chekow from Star Trek. Copy+past is to much work, especially when i can't use the control shortcut.

Edler is filling Ehrhoff's offensive role nicely... and isn't as much of a defensive liability.
    I remember it all too well

GO Oilers!! that is all.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    What's up with Detroit? Seriously...
    red panda red panda red panda!

Not sure how the Jackets are getting so many shots on goal....atleast the rookie goaltender is proving he's capable of playing in the NHL. Can't watch the game so I dont know what kind of shots hes been facing.

On another note, whats going on with Detroit? Trailing the Flames after 2, not like them.

Hopefully the Pens lose tonight aswell, which would put Toronto on top of the league with a game in hand on Pittsburgh. Go Leafs!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow. GG by Scrivens. Granted its not the best team to test yourself with, but he performed very nicely. Nice to see McAurthur putting up some more goals as well. Sorry no chat lately. I've been watching games with friends.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    What's up with Detroit? Seriously...
    Frankly, I have no idea at all. They are just absolutely terrible right now. They went from being the best offensive and defensive team through the first 5 games to being just fucking terrible over the last six. Not sure what the issue is, but they just can't generate any offense at all. It isn't like they have been playing top tier teams during this streak either to make that excuse. They have just been unable to get any rhythm going at all. They have had all sorts of bad bounces go against them, like the Helm high stick tonight to deny a short handed breakaway tonight that took place literally one foot away from the ref but resulted in no penalty, but that isn't an excuse to lose 6 straight and not look good in any of those games.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 09:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Wow. GG by Scrivens. Granted its not the best team to test yourself with, but he performed very nicely. Nice to see McAurthur putting up some more goals as well. Sorry no chat lately. I've been watching games with friends.
    Great to see the Leafs winning again. Lupul has been just fucking phenomenal since I picked him up during the first week on my fantasy team which gives me even more incentive to enjoy their success.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Frankly, I have no idea at all. They are just absolutely terrible right now. They went from being the best offensive and defensive team through the first 5 games to being just fucking terrible over the last six. Not sure what the issue is, but they just can't generate any offense at all. It isn't like they have been playing top tier teams during this streak either to make that excuse. They have just been unable to get any rhythm going at all. They have had all sorts of bad bounces go against them, like the Helm high stick tonight to deny a short handed breakaway tonight that took place literally one foot away from the ref but resulted in no penalty, but that isn't an excuse to lose 6 straight and not look good in any of those games.
    Probably just an early slump. Shouldn't read too much in to it. Just as my team is doing well, it could very well change. I wouldn't hit the panic button until December. Detroit still has a very decent team.

Also, Crabb is one to watch on the leafs too. 2 goals in 2 games. Good all around play. Boston should be interesting Saturday.

Also: Leafs are the number on team in the NHL. Let that soak in for a bit

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, easy enough win for the Leafs, though Scrivens was the difference really as he made some good saves and gave up few rebounds.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Has to say, that took me by surprise. That completely wrecks my confidence that Weber wouldn't be a Pred after this year. Fucking bah.

Also, I am sending my laptop in for repair to the battery since it won't hold a charge, so if you see me type and it is missing the letter after U and before W, it is because I am on my sister's old laptop that that has that key completely broken with no way to actiwate that pad. So bad English and speaking like Chekow from Star Trek. Copy+past is to much work, especially when i can't use the control shortcut.
    Why would you not just use FireFox since it has a build in dictionary for fixing spelling mistakes?