Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Funny, the way he has been playing as of late, I'd say that anyone making 1.3 million dollars and is actually playing well in the net, is more then worth that price. Sure, he started off shitty and has struggled in a few games, but his last two games he has only allowed two goals, both wins were against teams with some very strong offensive talent. I guess Wilson is going with the hot hand though as he gets the start tomorrow against Dallas, can't say he hasn't earned it though considering how great he was the last two starts.

And at least we have a decent backup in Gustavsson when he is playing well, Montreal can't find a goalie that isn't a career AHLer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    They wound up paying a guy who is nothing more then an average goalie and has sub par defenders in front of him as well.

I hate (HATE) Montreal. But I have respect for Carey Price. I think he is very streaky, but when Price's game is on...Its on. The guy can be a brick wall the WHOLE game. I also think he is a stand up guy on the ice. Never had a problem with him causing trouble or whining, he is just there to play. Price had a chance to completely lay into Tim Thomas when they got into that "goalie fight" in last years playoffs. But he didn't.

Tip of my hat to you, Carey Price

So how many of you guys played organized hockey when you were young?
    I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Played when I was very young. Wasn't that great of a skater so I didn't keep up with it. Played a lot of street hockey though!

I played in roller hockey leagues, never had the money for ice hockey. I still play at least once a week, but its not in a league just pick up games.

10+ Year Old Account
    None, parents put me in soccer. Did a lot of hockey during gym though; I was usually goalie. I did okay, even against people who were in hockey, except on slap shots. Bad hand-eye coordination and reaction time, so wasn't good at catching the puck, but I was good at predicting what players would do, so I'd just throw my body where I thought they were going.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddabezze View Post
    I hate (HATE) Montreal. But I have respect for Carey Price. I think he is very streaky, but when Price's game is on...Its on. The guy can be a brick wall the WHOLE game. I also think he is a stand up guy on the ice. Never had a problem with him causing trouble or whining, he is just there to play. Price had a chance to completely lay into Tim Thomas when they got into that "goalie fight" in last years playoffs. But he didn't.

Tip of my hat to you, Carey Price
    Kinda why I said he is an average goalie, he can be inconsistent as hell at times, but looks golden when the team in front of him doesn't play like a bunch of Junior B hockey players as well. The problem is that the two scenarios never mix well, he can be lights out the best player on the team one night while he bails the living hell out of his defence, and then on another night he can be extremely horrid even when the defence is playing well and blocking lots of shots.

Sure, he is a good goalie, but Montreal fans especially, and the organization itself, try to treat him like he is Patrick Roy. I seriously thought last year when they were struggling, as well as early in this season, that he was going to walk out the door and give everyone at the Bell Centre the finger. People like to blame him for the teams short comings, but if the guys in front of him aren't doing their jobs either, there is only so much that can be expected of Price. I think it's unfair the expectations that they put on the guy, the same issues go on in Toronto as well, however I believe that if they shored up a bonafied number two goalie to play 30 games, Price would be hands down a Vezina winner in a heart beat since he wouldn't be getting overplayed and overworked.

15+ Year Old Account
    personally cannot believe that Jimmy Howard is a write in on the all star ballet considering who is not a write in, hes easily top 6 goalie in the league right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    personally cannot believe that Jimmy Howard is a write in on the all star ballet considering who is not a write in, hes easily top 6 goalie in the league right now.
    The All-star game voting has always been based on name, rather than actual statistics of the current season. Brodeur, Luongo, Hiller, fucking Halak and Reimer are on the ballot, and yet goaltenders having much better season then them such as, Howard, Elliot, Smith and Harding are excluded. Makes sense.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    The All-star game voting has always been based on name, rather than actual statistics of the current season. Brodeur, Luongo, Hiller, fucking Halak and Reimer are on the ballot, and yet goaltenders having much better season then them such as, Howard, Elliot, Smith and Harding are excluded. Makes sense.
    further proof that all star voting by fans is stupid.
    oh and Asera i got a chuckle out of the photo.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hence why it's popularity voting. I could see the votes for Reimer getting pulled since he is on the IR right now, however he is expected back by the end of next week, so here's hoping he is healthy enough to keep playing for the rest of the season. I think he has All-Star team potential, but I'd honestly put Fluery in as one of the top goalies right now.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My votes. Am I allowed to be upset that I had to write in Tyler Seguins name? 'Cause I'm a little upset.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Hence why it's popularity voting. I could see the votes for Reimer getting pulled since he is on the IR right now, however he is expected back by the end of next week, so here's hoping he is healthy enough to keep playing for the rest of the season. I think he has All-Star team potential, but I'd honestly put Fluery in as one of the top goalies right now.
    As a Leafs fan I'll have to disagree for now. Let's see him win a stack of games when he comes back and I'll change my tune. I'd love to see Thomas though.

10+ Year Old Account
    bos vs det

nbc and tsn right now

15+ Year Old Account
    1-0 Detroit!

Nice afternoon game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    1-0 Detroit!

Nice afternoon game

the commentator "1 nothing boston" lol... beautiful goal though

Noon Hockey on a friday, thats different?

Atleast I never get any of those games.

The Bruins have been playing the day after thanksgiving for the past 20 or so years.

Beautiful goal from detroit. I feel like Boston is dominating this game however

15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. Games heating up now in the 2nd. 2-1.

Detroit really scares me. They are so fancy with the puck. A between the leg pass/assist... are you kidding me?