10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=603391 so lets just wait and see...

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    lol quite the logic you have there. If they should have loss in regulation then they would have lost.
    They would have lost in regulation if, you know, every goal Kunitz scored wasn't called back. But hey, maybe he really does have the ability to punch a puck a flying puck in the net. But you know, if you stop Crosby from scoring and not the rest of the team you deserve two points. "Quite the logic you have there."
    Last edited by Greeney; 2011-11-28 at 12:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    what a blast by macarthur, 2-1 leafs

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    what a blast by macarthur, 2-1 leafs
    19 seconds apart.
    I'm glad the refs stopped calling penalties on everything though.

10+ Year Old Account
    all over them the 2nd period, that was some solid pressure

15+ Year Old Account
    4-1 Leafs. Bozak looking for a trick. He's been on fire lately!

Got to give Perry credit, that was some amazing accuracy on his part.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Got to give Perry credit, that was some amazing accuracy on his part.
    Indeed. I dunno what Dupuis was thinking. He could have poked it but I guess wanted to be the hero. Was a bad play by him. Didn't matter though. More points!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was a much needed win for Toronto last night. Right now they can't afford to lose those winnable games. It's going to be a tough one Wednesday against Boston, but I think going in with a hot hand and having won the last few games with some excellent secondary scoring gives them a chance to win. The other pain in the ass is that the Bruins and Flyers are hot on our tails sitting only a point back each. Buffalo and New York are only 3 points back too, and Washington 5 for the 8th spot. That's how close the conference is right now, it's really scary. December is going to be a very tough month for the Leafs though, but they can exit the month with a winning record with a win against Boston. Another bitch is that Boston is back to back Wednesday and Saturday, thankfully we get some rest between games.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2011-11-28 at 11:00 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    That completely surprised me. I know the Caps have been in a pretty bad slump since their hot start, but I didn't expect change to come so quickly. They are only three points out of the division lead with a game in hand on the Panthers so it isn't like they are bottoming out. Oh well, time to see if someone else can actually get production out of the Caps "superstars" when it counts.

I know there were talks of him getting the axe after last years playoffs, but the GM wanted to keep him around. Definitely did not expect that this morning though.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    That completely surprised me. I know the Caps have been in a pretty bad slump since their hot start, but I didn't expect change to come so quickly. They are only three points out of the division lead with a game in hand on the Panthers so it isn't like they are bottoming out. Oh well, time to see if someone else can actually get production out of the Caps "superstars" when it counts.
    They get a pretty good chance to test their star players next game vs St. Louis's high defense and probably Elliot in goal.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've heard grumblings about a coaching change there for a while now so it's not too surprising. Still, it's not like Washington has dug a terrible hole for themselves. Every team has a slump now and then. The players need a few wins to get their confidence back and it should be all good.

And Carolina fires their coach too. Good, maybe Staal will play better now though I think he has some deeper issues.
    I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    And Carolina fires their coach too. Good, maybe Staal will play better now though I think he has some deeper issues.
    Aside from being way overrated and massively over paid? I don't think Staal is "that" good. He has had one season (one!) where he cracked 1+ points per game and followed it up a couple years later with a 82 in 82 season. Those are good numbers, don't get me wrong, but they aren't that amazing, especially not for his absolutely ridiculous contract which sets the standard for bad deals in the NHL with Kolvachuk's. Hard to believe that he can't play better than -17 though. Just yikes.

Surprised Maurice lasted this long frankly. I thought he would get the axe last year after missing the playoffs again. Oh well, yay for seeing if it is a coaching or franchise issue over the rest of the year.

---------- Post added 2011-11-28 at 03:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Greeneye7 View Post
    They get a pretty good chance to test their star players next game vs St. Louis's high defense and probably Elliot in goal.
    Have to say, I am so glad to see the Blues not sucking again finally. I miss the old days when the Blues were real good with Pronger and MacInnis. Good times. Glad to have them back as a relevant team in the NHL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Have to say, I am so glad to see the Blues not sucking again finally. I miss the old days when the Blues were real good with Pronger and MacInnis. Good times. Glad to have them back as a relevant team in the NHL.
    Thanks to Ken Hitchock imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Thanks to Ken Hitchock imo.
    Great coach. When he was rumored to be coming to Detroit as an assistant earlier this season I was incredibly excited. Too bad that didn't pan out. Glad to see him land in a decent situation with a lot of good young talent to build on.

Sacco can be fired next please :]?

10+ Year Old Account
    lol a kyperos imposter was on twitter saying that bruce was fired.. during the intermission of the game on hockey central.. sure enough today.. the imposter was right