15+ Year Old Account
    Grats Toronto on finally getting Grabs signed ($5.5m for 4 years). Could have been worse. Probably a lower deal than Grabs would have gotten as a free agent. Still, it really feels like Burke should have gotten this deal done about two-three weeks ago before the trade deadline since they are going to have to open space for that deal and they could have gotten something back in return for somebody on that team.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Grats Toronto on finally getting Grabs signed ($5.5m for 4 years). Could have been worse. Probably a lower deal than Grabs would have gotten as a free agent. Still, it really feels like Burke should have gotten this deal done about two-three weeks ago before the trade deadline since they are going to have to open space for that deal and they could have gotten something back in return for somebody on that team.
    I'm not so sure about it; 5.5 mil hit and a partial no trade clause... I suppose it all depends how he does next year, but I don't think this season was worth 5.5 million.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I'm not so sure about it; 5.5 mil hit and a partial no trade clause... I suppose it all depends how he does next year, but I don't think this season was worth 5.5 million.
    He isn't worth it, but that is what those types of players are worth now. He would have gotten that in free agency and that is likely what it would have cost Burke to try and replace him. It is far too much money for a player like him, the Sedin's make $600,000 more than him now and only roughly double his output. It is a comparable contract to Plekanec, Bergeron, Havlat, Horcoff, Hemsky, etc. who would all fall in the second-third tier of forwards. It is too much money compared to what a lot better players are making, but that is what the market is up to now stupidly enough thanks to deals like Hemsky's and Ruutu's from a couple weeks ago.

To be fair, if our second line was Grabovski, Grabovski's identical clone, and MacArthur (or Frattin or something), I think they'd probably be tearing it up too. And yes, I absolutely blame this on the Oilers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    so Wings fans, if Joey Mac gets injured who do we have for our backup? my vote goes to Holmstrom, he has plenty of practice playing the crease.
    Slap some legpads on that guy and give him a mask and he should be fine. He knows how it feels getting hit by a puck, and it can't be worse than Conklin.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    Slap some legpads on that guy and give him a mask and he should be fine. He knows how it feels getting hit by a puck, and it can't be worse than Conklin.
    sure it can be worse than Conklin...we could have EITHER of chicago's goaltenders...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Busy night tonight boys

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Busy night tonight boys
    thats for sure. lots of games.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy that really good player is close to returning, better make it front page nhl.com
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2012-03-06 at 09:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named* is close to returning, better make it front page nhl.com
    already front page espn, but we do NOT SPEAK HIS NAME HERE. instead fall back on the Lord Voldemort meme (He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named)

fixed that for you. now go do us all a favor, and edit your post accordingly.
    Last edited by AceofHarts; 2012-03-06 at 09:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have no problem paying grabo 5.5.. their are worst players in the league right now making more.. look at Leino or w/e his name is in buffalo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    i have no problem paying grabo 5.5.. their are worst players in the league right now making more.. look at Leino or w/e his name is in buffalo
    lol Leino.

Turco to the Bruins. Didn't really see that coming. I still don't know what to think, He's neutral to me in contrast to his game play.

Although, this popped up on Days of Orr today. I found it interesting.

Link:*http://daysofyorr.com/2012-articles/...rty-turco.html

Oh boy that really good player is close to returning, better make it front page nhl.com
    Man, I was thinking earlier today about how great the entire thread is being in not mentioning it... and then you had to go and post that. Guess I should give you a break because you're relatively new, but it would be awesome if we could avoid any news related to him until he actually plays a game in the NHL again. Thanks for your future cooperation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddabezze View Post
    Turco to the Bruins. Didn't really see that coming. I still don't know what to think, He's neutral to me in contrast to his game play.

Although, this popped up on Days of Orr today. I found it interesting.

Link:*http://daysofyorr.com/2012-articles/...rty-turco.html
    lol pretty good.

In other news, I'm so fuckin sick of the Toronto media.
    I'm also very curious how the Leafs are going to play, against the Bruins, in front of the new coach.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2012-03-06 at 11:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to whoop up on St. Louis tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 goals for Columbus on PHX, under 4 minutes into first period.

They're starting to play now?

10+ Year Old Account
    leafs up 1-0 on Boston

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    leafs up 1-0 on Boston
    Likely 2-0 if MacArthur hadn't fanned on the shot. =(
    ...And tied.

This metal thing on the glass thing is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2012-03-07 at 12:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Joey Mac made a VERY Big Mistake. 1-1. DOH!

10+ Year Old Account
    2-1 PPG liles

that was short lived

now 3-2 boston

Lupul shoulder injury
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2012-03-07 at 01:12 AM.