Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    and I'm more of an underdog-cheerer, so I'm thinking Ottawa instead. (I was Carolina Hurricanes since them entering the league, but. No Swedes, no real fighting spirit/aspiration made me have enough in silly season)
    Ew. You should have more respect for yourself than being a Sens fan. I mean, look at the lowest of the low:
    Paris Hilton fans > Flyers fans > Ravens fans > Canuck fans > Islander fans > Beiber fans > Habs fans > Twilight fans > Sens fans
    Last edited by Greeney; 2012-03-13 at 12:21 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tyler Ennis goal was dirty a couple mins ago. Made Montreal look like...Montreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Tyler Ennis goal was dirty a couple mins ago. Made Montreal look like...Montreal.
    Slightly better than Twilight but worse than Beiber?

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Ew. You should have more respect for yourself than being a Sens fan. I mean, look at the lowest of the low:
    Paris Hilton fans > Flyers fans > Ravens fans > Canuck fans > Islander fans > Beiber fans > Habs fans > Twilight fans > Sens fans
    True. But I do have a thing for both Lundqvist after having played for my team, and Hagelin is cool. Strålman has always been reliable, and Zuccarello Aasen is underrated as well.

So perhaps Rangers! Not really underdog, but goalies and Swedish ones at that, followed by defensemen of any kind (mostly Swedes though :P ) have a soft spot in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    True. But I do have a thing for both Lundqvist after having played for my team, and Hagelin is cool. Strålman has always been reliable, and Zuccarello Aasen is underrated as well.

So perhaps Rangers! Not really underdog, but goalies and Swedish ones at that, followed by defensemen of any kind (mostly Swedes though :P ) have a soft spot in my heart.
    Rangers aren't an underdog.
    Devils and Stars are both low to middle-of-the-pack teams with more than two swedes. Dallas probably the less likely of the teams to win the cup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Better be in the weeks best. Hes been playing great past few games. Sick goal.

Anyone else a UVerse customer and currently switching because they lost rights to NHL network? Yeah that was a massive bone from them...

10+ Year Old Account
    We're in the 8! Now to man up and put a solid stretch together. Gotta maintain

Quote Originally Posted by konaman View Post
    I think I'm going to rescind my earlier post of the leafs going on the predictable last minute push for 8th, they're just playing so poorly right now I can hardly stand to watch. That Philly game on Saturday was a joke they looked like a farm league team.
    Umm, did you even watch the game? Or are you just making assumptions? For the better part of the game the Leafs were dominating the Flyers. More shots, more goal chances, about 3 posts in the third period. In the words of their own coach
    "Their chances were a lot more than ours and better than ours and he made some big saves at the right times," said Flyers coach Peter Laviolette. "He's been sharp for a while, so tonight was no different."
    For fuck sakes, I hate it when people just make assumptions about games without actually watching the damned game.

Yea, we lost, but you know what? Its not like it was some massive blow out and our playing was horrendus, it came down to the fact we got no bounces. Happens too the best of teams.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So Landescog pretty much a shoo in for the calder now?

10+ Year Old Account
    So while we talk about the swedes let's talk about a country nearby Denmark. How do you think the danes are doing? Fransen just scored another longterm contact with islanders. Hansen doing a few points here and there along with Regin. I would love to see more s
    danes in the NHL with ø æ å in their names just to hear how you would announce it.
    Right so let's go Hawks tonight beat the Blues, yellow and blue in their faces. :-)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    So while we talk about the swedes let's talk about a country nearby Denmark. How do you think the danes are doing? Fransen just scored another longterm contact with islanders. Hansen doing a few points here and there along with Regin. I would love to see more s
    danes in the NHL with ø æ å in their names just to hear how you would announce it.
    Right so let's go Hawks tonight beat the Blues, yellow and blue in their faces. :-)
    remember the last time you guys played the Blues?...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    remember the last time you guys played the Blues?...
    Remember the last 2 times you played the Hawks...

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Don't forget Mikkel Bödker! His brother is a really nice guy, IRL (and born same day/year as me and Ondrej Pavalec), and played for my team for like, 5 years before this seasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    Remember the last 2 times you played the Hawks...
    close 1 goal games versus a blowout....hmmm

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm just optimistic and hope they'll win. But if I'm honest I think they'll loose, but don't tell anyone. Always hope for the best.
    How could I forget Mikkel :-( also there's Larsen in Dallas. The only thing we in Denmark hear from the NHL is when they make points. I wish Hansen played for another team, so I actually could cheer abit more when he scores.
    edit: A bit old news but Toews might ght return tomorrow, so that is really good news for the Hawks, I just hope isn't to early.
    Last edited by Rivenda; 2012-03-13 at 03:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else think Chicago tanked games to intentionally land in the 6th spot? They have almost no shot of moving up to 5th where they would play Nashville/Detroit/St. Louis. They have almost no shot of falling to 7th or 8th unless they collapse. Instead they get to land at 6th and play perhaps the worst division winner in the West in a decade. The last time a team finished below 100 points and won a division in the West was Minnesota in 2007-2008 with 98 points. There has never been another division winner in the West with less than 100 points in the shootout era, and none since 2001-2002. The East has only had two teams, Washington 2007-08 and Atlanta 2006-07, win a division and finish with fewer than 100 points. Florida or Washington is going to blow that mark away this year. Florida would have to go 11-2-1 to get to 100 points. Washington 12-1-0. Dallas 9-3-1. Phoenix 10-1-1. San Jose 11-2-1. That is how incredibly bad those two divisions are this year.

Florida and Dallas are potentially the only division winners in the shootout era, along with 2007 Washington, to be in serious danger of missing the playoffs if they don't win their division. Minnesota and Atlanta were still both comfortable playoff teams finishing with a 5 and 7 point cushion over the 8 spot. Washington finished with the same number of points as the 7 and 8 seed. Florida and Dallas as of right now only have three and four point cushions right now respectively.

On a slightly brighter note, good news Toronto fans! If you finish out the year 13-0-0 and no one else above you wins a single game you will win the Eastern Conference with 94 points beating out the 93 point Rangers!
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-03-13 at 03:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    On a slightly brighter note, good new Toronto fans! If you finish out the year 13-0-0 and no one else above you wins a single game you will win the Eastern Conference with 94 points beating out the 93 point Rangers!
    I would say that's marginally possible, except Pittsburgh is wrecking everything they face, and could very well get Sidnerella back soon.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 02:18 PM ----------

In fact, he will return on Thursday.

http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/sports/article/1123090
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Etc.
    Honestly I'd pick Dallas to win that series. How far do high explosive offensive teams with a shaky goaltender and terrible defense make it? Plus Lehtonen has started to play like he did earlier in the season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I would say that's marginally possible, except Pittsburgh is wrecking everything they face, and could very well get Sidnerella back soon.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 02:18 PM ----------

In fact, he will return on Thursday.

http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/sports/article/1123090
    Glad to read that was finally confirmed. Hopefully he can actually stat on the ice long term without a return of his symptoms. Can't imagine retirement talks will hold off if he goes out again long term.