15+ Year Old Account
    Please don't flame here. save it for my awesome IRC extension #mmoc-hockey on quakenet. browser link in my sig.. rage there...

Yeah, the Canuck's did to the King's what they did in their last game of the regular season against each other where they beat the King's 1-0 but the King's got the one goal this time around. That game had me dreading this match up but wow, the King's have sure surprised me.
    Last edited by Rykin; 2012-04-16 at 05:32 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Quick is just miles better than any other goalie in the first round right now. Hardly any rebounds. That ice was really shit though, I could tell just by watching. Entertaining ass game though, Dustin Brown is emerging as a real playoff performer, hopefully he can keep it up. Can't wait to see game 4!
    there was a basketball game like 4-5 hours before that game.

Is there an IRC app or something for android?
    I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Is there an IRC app or something for android?
    I'm 100% sure there is one. Just google IRC for android.

AndChat.net comes up first. look into that.

if not look for a free irc client on android

10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding the Shaw/Smith hit, I think it was maybe a little bit intentional. Not in like a premeditated intent to injure, but more of a "yeah you wanna keep coming out and trying to play the puck well i'll give you a little something to think about". However, did he embellish it? I'm going to say HELL yes he did. I don't see how anyone could think otherwise, I mean as SOON as contact was made, he threw his arms up in the air and spun around like a fucking ballerina. The guy should get into acting.

---------- Post added 2012-04-16 at 12:46 AM ----------

Btw, go LA. I really do like them as a team and always have. Plus I hate Vancouver and love seeing them lose. Plus Chicago is really really good against LA. If I had my way, the Western Conference Finals would be CHI vs LA. Yeah baby.

15+ Year Old Account
    mmoc-hockey chat is now a 24/7 affair. I've tricked enough mods into keeping the channel open all day. Login to vent and flame or just be yourself. We're live for every game during the playoffs now.

Follow the link in my sig..

click: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#mmoc-hockey

or login to Quakenet on IRC. channel #mmoc-hockey

you're missing out big time if you don't join.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    though I use iphone, when I just type the irc url I can get into the chat on my phone, not sure what it's like for Android

Just realized that could have been Schneiders last game as a Canuck. Fuck.
    I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    #mmoc-hockey chat is taking off.

you're really missing out if you aren't involved. click the link in my sig or login for the next playoff game 730E 430P

We're having a lot of fun in IRC!! c'mon join us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry Nucks, but I just can't stop laughing at you. :P I did no way see this comming, and should the LA knock the Nucks out, I hope they'll make the final in westeren.
    About Shaw, I say he he played big time on it, I dont get surpriced if he gets a call from Hollywood when the Hawks hopefully have knocked them out.
    I really cheer for the Peguins now, I REALLY want 7 games, I actually find it fun to watch hockey with no defense, perhaps that's why I enjoy watching the Hawks?
    Edit: View or review the top 10 plays of the regular season:
    Last edited by Rivenda; 2012-04-16 at 07:29 AM.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Not even that.. I mean. Hockey is the one sport that Canada and the US share. all teams are mixed. Canadian and American players working together. That's good for the sport. NHL should never become a national thing.
    Except in the Olympics.

---------- Post added 2012-04-16 at 05:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    but but thats 33% of there team irght there...
    Never should have traded Hodgson.

This is probably the best thing for the Canucks. Getting swept the series after nearly winning the Cup could be enough to see AV out, maybe even Gillis out, and someone looking to unload Luongo's contract on a team desperate enough to pick it up. As a Canucks fan, I'm thrilled at any and all of those prospects. And if nothing changes, I'll just join the rest of the league's fans and cheer for anyone but. Win-win.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Just wanna know, does everyone here think Shaw was trying to hurt Smith? And do you or do you not think Smith embellished the hit?
    I don't think he was trying to hurt him, but it was a reckless play that resulted in head contact.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I don't think he was trying to hurt him, but it was a reckless play that resulted in head contact.
    Pretty much my thought. I don't think the guy did it on purpose, but at the same time it was poor judgement to put yourself in a position like that. I'm sure Smith embelished some, although to what degree is hard to say. I'm not sure he did it with the initial contact, but I'll grant you that he drug it out afterwards as long as he could. Could of been because something got knocked loose upstairs, or could have been because he was trying to get the guy suspended. Only person that really knows is Smith.

I can't stand LA but I'm not shocked that they are beating Vancouver, I am however shocked that they are up 3-0 in the series. That I did not see coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    canucks down 3-0, perfect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    canucks down 3-0, perfect
    It is indeed, because the Hansen can join the rest of the NHL danes at the world cup hurra! Let Hawks beat Coyotes so Bødker can join aswell, all tho I'm not sure if I want him after that huge chance he missed vs Hawks in the last game..
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to change my prediction from Canucks in 6 to Canucks in 7.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I'd like to change my prediction from Canucks in 6 to Canucks in 7.
    not trying to troll or flame.
    but i want whatever this guy is smoking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hearing updates:
    Asham has an in person meeting this afternoon. Yes, that is a bad sign for him. He is certainly done for the playoffs and maybe will get a carry over suspension like Rome would have received if the Finals didn't go to 7 last year.

Neal has TWO separate hearings with the league today.

No word on if the NHL will overturn Adams automatic instigator suspension yet.

Predictions: Neal gets a fine. Asham gets one game. If pummeling a guy with seven sucker punches is good for one game with Crackner a cross check to the throat of a game in retaliation for a clean hit plus a sucker punch can't be worth that much more.

---------- Post added 2012-04-16 at 11:24 AM ----------

And Canuck fans, this is why no on respects your team and everyone hates them outside of you people:

I was honestly expecting Mitchell to start miming a diving and swimming motion right there. Kesler is really moving up the list on the most unsportsmanlike players in the NHL.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-04-16 at 03:18 PM.