Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Why are people still talking about Bertuzzi? Yeah, he sucker punched Moore, so what? You act like it never ever happens and Bert is public enemy #1 that got away with murder. Everyone gets angry. Had Zetterberg been injured, Shae Webber would have been charged with assault and slapped on a huge suspension. That was no different than Bertuzzi's sucker punch, who the fuck expects to get WWE'd on? If the entire team dogpiled on him like they did with Moore and broke his neck, don't you think there would be the same feeling? When Bert played in Calgary he was actually a pretty nice guy. Met him a couple times and he recognized my face the 2nd time and was fine to sign an autograph. He LOOKS like he'd be an asshole but looks aren't everything.
    It's funny because you think Detroit is the same city as Montreal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    It's not like Bertuzzi continued his career punching orphans and running over puppies, he's been a player who is attempting to move on from a mistake of 8+ years ago.
    I agree, lets focus on Torres now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some big games tonight!

I don't have enough TVs/Computers/iPads to watch them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Some big games tonight!

I don't have enough TVs/Computers/iPads to watch them all!
    yeah thank god finals are over tomorrow, so i can actually get back to enjoying this years cup play-offs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay looking back the assault charge comment was completely retarded of me. But the point still stands.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Torres has been suspended indefinitely and will have a hearing with Shanahan on Friday.

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 05:51 PM ----------

Also, I'd like to weigh in on this "violence" in the post season, and my thoughts on how these suspensions, as well as the officiating, are handling the game.

I'd like to lay some onus on the officials, the Torres hit on Hossa last night is a blatant display of failings by the officials. There are plenty of these issues arising and it's been a consistent for the last few years. If a guy is laid out on the ice from a hit and your 4 on ice officials didn't see it, how did he get there and why isn't there anything being done about it? If there is on ice officiating issues, then why can't we have off ice officiating for illegal hits? Bettman seems to think that they should reduce the number of officials on the ice, yet that seems completely asinine when you have these kinds of issues.

Also, I am on both sides of the fence when it comes to fighting and violence in hockey, especially in the post season. I don't mind seeing some fights and hard hits, however there is no line because the players haven't seen one drawn yet. So is the Torres hit going to start the domino effect and is he going to be suspended for a substantial duration as a repeat offender? I want to see fighting and hitting in hockey, especially in the playoffs. I don't want to watch international style hockey where there isn't a lot of hitting, no fighting and a slower pace. The grit and toughness is what makes hockey great, and it needs to remain that way.

What's hurting hockey's image? It's not the toughness, it's not the grit, it's not the fighting, it's the respect! Players have no respect for one another, and that's one of the reasons causing these illegal hits. I haven't seen any hits where you could lay the blame on the player who is victim to an illegal hit this season, those that were dirty you blame the hitter for. These negative actions are tarnishing the reputation of the NHL. I don't want to see the physicality taken out of the game, and it's high time players started respecting one another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never really had any respect for Tippett... this is probably why

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/podcastp...=335&iid=39158

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry Garbles but what do you want Tippett to say? "Torres is a garbage player who shouldn't be allowed to play in this league and should be put up against a wall and shot." He's an NHL coach, he has to defend his players even when they make stupid plays.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hockey chat is up. Elimination time!!!

http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#mmoc-hockey

well unless the redwings get their ass in gear.. They will not be making it this year which sucks cuase I'd spend the money to see a bruins red wings game. Specially since its mine and my dad's 2 fav teams

Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Daniel playing and Schneider starting

Hopefully they're not being stupid and rushing a player who's been concussed back too soon. Stinks like desperation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    well unless the redwings get their ass in gear.. They will not be making it this year which sucks cuase I'd spend the money to see a bruins red wings game. Specially since its mine and my dad's 2 fav teams
    sorry to say it, but the wings have had there asses in gear. they just arent getting anything past Rinne. Rinne is why Nashville is winning. any other goalie and Detroit leads this series 3-1, maybe would have swept game 2 since Detroit got outplayed in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Hopefully they're not being stupid and rushing a player who's been concussed back too soon. Stinks like desperation.
    Why does it stink of desperation? Concussions are a weird illness. Some can be fine after a week, some not for years.
    I remember it all too well

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    sorry to say it, but the wings have had there asses in gear. they just arent getting anything past Rinne. Rinne is why Nashville is winning. any other goalie and Detroit leads this series 3-1, maybe would have swept game 2 since Detroit got outplayed in that game.
    Rinne has faced a lot of shots but many of those haven't been super difficult, and the Preds D has helped him a lot too. That being said, he is along with the NYR's Lundqvist a top 2 goalie in the league.

Why does it stink of desperation? Concussions are a weird illness. Some can be fine after a week, some not for years.
    You said it yourself, concussions are weird and people can be symptom free for a while and then suddenly they come back. I'm fairly certain Vancouver would never risk playing him during the regular season.
    Last edited by Jon; 2012-04-18 at 11:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Rinne has faced a lot of shots but many of those haven't been super difficult, and the Preds D has helped him a lot too. That being said, he is along with the NYR's Lundqvist a top 2 goalie in the league.

You said it yourself, concussions are weird and people can be symptom free for a while and then suddenly they come back. I'm fairly certain Vancouver would never risk playing him during the regular season.
    im not just saying shots. Detroit has completely controlled the flow of play in games 1, 3, and 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's a good way to start Game 4!

Let's Go Rangers!

Alright, Philly - Pittsburgh game has started, I hope it's as crazy as the first three.

Philadelphia scored first this time... maybe they should be worried.

am i tripping or did the flyers and rangers score nearly simultaneously?

It stinks of desparation because of what Vigneault said before they left for LA. He said Sedin wasn't going to travel to LA with the team, which basically means he's not playing in Game 3 or 4. Now, suddenly, down 3 - 0, Sedin's OK to go. I really hope he's actually OK, concussions aren;t something to rush back from.

10+ Year Old Account
    2-0 Rangers!