15+ Year Old Account
    Missed the game last night, pretty pro job there by the Yotes. Carter finally showed up! 7-0 now on the road. Pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose the good news is that with the Capitals out, whomever the Kings would face next, should they advance, will have a better record and provide plenty more road games so the slaughter can continue

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Curious as to how this thread stacks up against other non sticky'd threads. I mean other than the Pony threads, we've gotta be near the top.
    Not really at all. Keep in mind this thread encompasses two seasons as well. It's certainly the most popular sports thread, but I've seen some pretty epic long threads.

Also, after this season is over I'll be opening a new one for a fresh start. I'm sure i've mentioned that before.

Congrats to Sighrony and Conscripts at having the most points in the TSN Hockey pool last round. I fucked up and couldn't find where to "drop" guys that had been eliminated so I only had 4 guys gaining me points. I figured it out for this round though. *Sigh*

I do laugh at my office pool though. I have no chance of winning but I find it funny with so many favorite teams gone it's decimated so many people. We got to pick 21 players and there are 33 people playing. 4 people have no players left and 20 people have 5 or less players. 1 person has more than 10 people left who is the current leader and has all but locked up first place.

I'm not too bad with 8 players left and sitting at 15th currently. I picked mostly Rangers because I thought they would go deep into the playoffs but they just aren't scoring. I think I have a good shot at getting into the top 10 but in order to get into the money positions I need to be top 3 which I can't see happening.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad we can't just prune the thread into an archive and keep the post count

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Too bad we can't just prune the thread into an archive and keep the post count
    You will keep all the old posts. What I mean is it will be locked and a new thread for the next season will pick up. It doesn't affect post count.

Hockey Chat is also up. Link in my sig. I'll be playing D3 most likely but I'll dip in if it's active
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-05-16 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Not really at all. Keep in mind this thread encompasses two seasons as well. It's certainly the most popular sports thread, but I've seen some pretty epic long threads.

Also, after this season is over I'll be opening a new one for a fresh start. I'm sure i've mentioned that before.
    You keep mentioning it and then saying it's unnecessary.
    Stop flip flopping Fuzzzie!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    You keep mentioning it and then saying it's unnecessary.
    Stop flip flopping Fuzzzie!
    I do? Might be the booze talking sometimes. Just trying to keep things organized

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking Blizzard releasing D3 during the playoffs. Now I won't even know who wins :l
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking Blizzard releasing D3 during the playoffs. Now I won't even know who wins :l
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Due to the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs, we have pushed the Diablo 3 release date back to July.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go Coyotes! Show them that you can actually play ice hockey in the middle of the fucking desert!
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    New Jersey ties the series.

15+ Year Old Account
    Devils got heart. They looked much better early tonight than they did last game. Going to be a much better series than the Western one.

That scorpion kick save by Brodeur has to be the save of the century, though. It was beautiful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Brodeur is a boss. Sad so many fans have dropped the thread.

I'm pulling for LA on west, and well dont really know who on the east, or if i even care haha. I'm still checking scores etc, but not really bothering to watch the games.

Apparently the flyers want to resign Matt Carle at less than market value...I'd rather see him gone, but thats me.

Brodeur is a boss. Sad so many fans have dropped the thread.
    Just goes to show how bad the markets for hockey are in some of these areas. Final four and it's quieter in this thread than it's been all year. It's really hard to get behind a team like Phoenix, or even New York or Jersey at this point since they've been a non-issue for so long. I'm personally pulling for a New Jersey-Los Angeles final, since LA has been incredible throughout the entire playoffs, and Brodeur definitely deserves one last hurrah before he retires, but I completely understand why there's so little interest this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Just goes to show how bad the markets for hockey are in some of these areas. Final four and it's quieter in this thread than it's been all year. It's really hard to get behind a team like Phoenix, or even New York or Jersey at this point since they've been a non-issue for so long. I'm personally pulling for a New Jersey-Los Angeles final, since LA has been incredible throughout the entire playoffs, and Brodeur definitely deserves one last hurrah before he retires, but I completely understand why there's so little interest this year.
    It is pretty insane how uninteresting these playoffs are. Sure the games are good, but... I don't know, I just can't sit down and watch any game.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is pretty insane how uninteresting these playoffs are. Sure the games are good, but... I don't know, I just can't sit down and watch any game.
    Because your team is out. Just the same as last year.. when peoples team gets eliminated they disappear until the new season and then star smack talking again.. lol

Because your team is out. Just the same as last year.. when peoples team gets eliminated they disappear until the new season and then star smack talking again.. lol
    As much as I'd like to believe this is the reason, I honestly think it's because of the teams that are left, not the ones that have been eliminated. A lot of people kept up with the playoffs last year, especially to rip on Vancouver every chance they got, but who really cares about the teams that are still here now? Phoenix can't even pay fans to show up to their games. New Jersey has been irrelevant since, what, 2003? New York is about the best that's left, at least fanbase-wise, and even the crowd tonight was kinda meh. I didn't actually realize the game had come to an end because nobody cared. And Los Angeles post-Gretzky has been largely a joke. The final four are basically a ragtag band of sadness personified, and anyone getting behind them at this point is either a lifelong fan or bandwagoner (hi, Coyotes), so it makes it hard to feign any real interest in the series that are left when the teams themselves have been the goats of the league since at least the lockout. Nobody really loves or hates whoever's left, and so we're left with a general feeling of indifference towards the whole ordeal.

Edit: Also, I think I've used the word 'left' more times in this post than entire political campaigns combined.

...Left.