Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Timmy Thomas is taking a year off from the NHL. Seems kind of nuts considering he will be about 40 when he tries to come back year after next.
    Best part is that he thinks he can take the number one spot for the Olympic team. Good luck with that, I doubt he even makes 3rd on the goalie depth chart.

This is a coming out party for the whole LA team imo. Mired in mediocrity, they'll be a force for many years to come.
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling Quick would show up at the White House, I think that with the whole being a better goalie than Thomas would probably move him up the depth chart

Deleted
    Quick can obviously bend space, it's why pucks just don't seem to find their way into the net. Check the video below

Although easy to explain (the puck is not a ball, it bounced on-edge), it's still pretty funny.

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread is potentially one day from being closed. /tear

Assuming Fuzz remembers. If not we are going Pony level with this shit next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Best part is that he thinks he can take the number one spot for the Olympic team. Good luck with that, I doubt he even makes 3rd on the goalie depth chart.

This is a coming out party for the whole LA team imo. Mired in mediocrity, they'll be a force for many years to come.
    Quick, Schneider and Howard. Yeah, gl getting on the team with those 3 playing so well.

As for LA, they still have enough cap space to improve. They have 16M in cap and only need to resign: King, Penner, Stoll, Parse and Fraser. Honestly I could see them landing a big free agent (Parise, Semin) for lower money, just because of how good the LA team has been.

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 01:30 AM ----------

Assuming Fuzz remembers. If not we are going Pony level with this shit next season.
    First Lidstrom retires and now Fuzzie retires the thread. :<
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-06-06 at 01:26 AM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account

all ponies are evil, but I dont want to see it get closed :/

10+ Year Old Account
    just make a 2012 off-season, when it rename 2012/2013. and where set.

15+ Year Old Account
    Every single Cup winning goal from 1990-2011:

Doesn't get much better than McCarty's 1997 winner. I love watching old videos like this to see the elephantine growth of goalies. Even Belfour back in 2000 had pads that were so small compared to now. The guys in the 90s look like they have smaller pads on the defenseman in the current NHL lol. I'm not saying the NHL should cut down on goalie equipment size if they want to increase scoring, but they should really cut down on goalie equipment size lol.

Which LA King will add their highlight to this reel after tonight? My money is on Carter as a big FU to Philly and Columbus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm picking Brown for the Cup winner, just seems appropriate.

Also the cup winning goal for Anaheim was an own goal? Oh poor Phillips.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm picking Quick with an empty netter. All my predictions are wrong anyway, so might as well go with the long shot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    First Lidstrom retires and now Fuzzie retires the thread. :<
    I'm still around, just busy with work and D3 in my off-time. Going to be watching the game at a bar tonight. Hopefully the devils at least dont get swept, but its not looking good.

If not we are going Pony level with this shit next season.
    Definitely not!

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    just make a 2012 off-season, when it rename 2012/2013. and where set.
    If that's what people want. I'll prob just re-name it off-season and then 2012/2013. Fine by me.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-06-06 at 08:13 PM.

Dibs on the opening post for 2012/2013 off-season
    I called it.

Either way, I'm unsure if the LAK "finally awoke" last game, from their hibernation, or NJD just folded. I think it was a combination of both; LAK really had energy, NJD already looked as though they felt beat.
    &nbsp;

Deleted
    Kopitar for sending the Kings to heaven.

10+ Year Old Account
    not a big fan of those '93 or '95 winning goals

I'm gonna pick Penner with an ugly goal

15+ Year Old Account
    That was an abysmal hooking call on Stoll.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have been rooting secretly for the Kings. Actually, I used to be a Kings fan when I was a kid, always was a Gretzky fan mind you, but being a boy from Brantford, ON, you couldn't help but love Gretzky. Now residing in Guelph, where Drew Doughty spent 3 years with the Storm, I would like nothing more then to see him hoist the Cup. He has been a great player on the ice for several years now and has solidified himself as an elite defender in the NHL. He may not have all the scoring touch he did in junior, but I will be damned if he isn't better defensively now then he used to be. I pulled my Kings jersey out of the closet that my dad got for me about 6 and a half years ago. It's an official team jersey with their previous logo and colours, the black, silver and purple jersey from a couple of seasons back, even has the strings and everything on it, never been washed but has finally been worn

Go Kings!

10+ Year Old Account
    Need more people in the chat, sheesh. I can't be the only one stuck at work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your post reminded me of this jersey:

I love that jersey (the predecessor to the one you have) and they should have used it for more than 2-3 seasons. The crest look is sweet.

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 09:53 PM ----------

This is the most exciting 0-0 game I have seen in awhile.

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 09:57 PM ----------

Oh ya, and Forbes reported today that Greg Jamison is still struggling to pull together enough financing to buy the Yotes. Hilarious. That team is worth almost no money anyways, compared to other teams, and they can't even scrape up the money to buy it. Move the damn team already.

sigh i walk up to my neighborhood convenience store to grab a beer and miss a game tieing on a PP? grr