Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    I was like half asleep when I wrote that, which is why I didn't go into depth at all. Without Ward, Carolina and Tampa are actually pretty even. Their blue line and goalie skill is close, Lindback has a higher ceiling than Ellis, but for this season they're similar. I disagree that Carolina quite matches Tampa in skill up front though. Carolina improved a ton during the offseason obviously, and I had actually originally picked them to win the division. But, I like Tampa's offense more than I like Carolina's. Carolina's not too far behind Tampa, there's only like a .3 goals per game difference. But, the fact is that Semin tends to be pretty streaky. He's absolutely on fire right now, but I don't see that lasting all season. Whereas Stamkos, Lecavlier, and St. Louis are all pretty damn consistent. Tampa's been on a slide lately, but I can see them coming out of their funk to make a strong second half playoff push.

As for Washington, it's completely going to hinge on goalie play. If Holtby can just be more consistent, he can steal a hell of a lot of games for them just like he did last postseason. It completely depends on him though. If he isn't stellar, then yeah I agree with you that they can kiss their playoff hopes goodbye.
    I think Winnipeg is the bigger threat to Carolina than Tampa Bay, but I still feel that Carolina will end the season with the division win by a big margin.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck the officiating in this Leafs game has been terrible. The play should have been stopped when the Winnipeg net got dislodged, then they score a goal at the other end.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Holy fuck the officiating in this Leafs game has been terrible. The play should have been stopped when the Winnipeg net got dislodged, then they score a goal at the other end.
    I wish I was allowed to be as shitty at my job as NHL refs.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 10:21 PM ----------

Must give Pavelec credit. He is playing amazing tonight, can't seem to get anything by him.

Gahhh, awful awful second and third periods by the Bruins. Could not get anything going in the offensive end, spent way too much time in our own end both of those periods. If Khudobin hadn't been standing on his head for most of the game the Pens would've scored a hell of a lot more than 3 goals.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chris Kunitz is having a hell of a year. Saw a tweet somewhere saying Kunitz Crosby and Neal's total goal production is more than the entire San Jose Sharks team combined. Incredible what playing with that kid can do for your career. Don't get me wrong Kunitz on his own is a solid player but with no Crosby he doesn't look as good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Chris Kunitz is having a hell of a year. Saw a tweet somewhere saying Kunitz Crosby and Neal's total goal production is more than the entire San Jose Sharks team combined. Incredible what playing with that kid can do for your career. Don't get me wrong Kunitz on his own is a solid player but with no Crosby he doesn't look as good.
    Crosby is ridiculous. That is really all you can say.

What the hell happened to the Sharks? How do they have the same number of goals as the freaking offensively anemic Preds? Did Thornton break both his arms? Oh god, I just had a shocking realization. I have grown so close to the Sharks somehow that I overestimate their level of quality like I do the Red Wings. Outside of their boss sweaters and their best play by play guy in the NHL I hate the Sharks though. I am literally so fucking confused right now by everything Sharks. They apparently have no offense now. Neimi is still putting up a freaking near 2 flat GAA. When did the Sharks literally become the Teal Predators?

10+ Year Old Account
    I only liked the Sharks when they were in the Cow Palace

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Crosby is ridiculous. That is really all you can say.

What the hell happened to the Sharks? How do they have the same number of goals as the freaking offensively anemic Preds? Did Thornton break both his arms? Oh god, I just had a shocking realization. I have grown so close to the Sharks somehow that I overestimate their level of quality like I do the Red Wings. Outside of their boss sweaters and their best play by play guy in the NHL I hate the Sharks though. I am literally so fucking confused right now by everything Sharks. They apparently have no offense now. Neimi is still putting up a freaking near 2 flat GAA. When did the Sharks literally become the Teal Predators?
    It reminds me of the Kings last year

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well at least Kipper isn't trashy like he was vs Anaheim and L.A. so far tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    DETROIT SCORED A ROAD PP GOAL, 1-38 ON THE SEASON!

Thanks Calgary <3
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This team fucks with my emotions. Also lol @ the Forsberg fail

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    DETROIT SCORED A ROAD PP GOAL, 1-38 ON THE SEASON!

Thanks Calgary <3
    least we got someting out of that game.
    (Embarrasment not withstanding).

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 02:23 PM ----------

Detroit to the east is final! Wooh!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why in the fuck can't Columbus stay in the West? Seriously, they are going to be bottom feeders for years because they have terrible owners and terrible management, putting them in the East won't help them at all.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Goddddd damnnn that Sean Matthias goal was beautiful

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=nhl:topheads

10+ Year Old Account
    el choke for the leafs tonight

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor Bob. Plays a near perfect game, but is let down by his teammates.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgefar View Post
    Poor Bob. Plays a near perfect game, but is let down by his teammates.
    He put them on his back

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 09:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Why in the fuck can't Columbus stay in the West? Seriously, they are going to be bottom feeders for years because they have terrible owners and terrible management, putting them in the East won't help them at all.
    You'd be surprised lol... wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    el choke for the leafs tonight
    Yup. Terrible last 5 minutes of the 3rd period. <_<

10+ Year Old Account
    this visor instigator rule is just ridiculous, an extra minor penalty if you instigate a fight while wearing a visor

Muzzin goes and starts a fight with a guy right after he decked a teammate, which is, you know, HOCKEY, its one of the things you do, fine, give him a minor for starting the fight, but giving a double minor makes no sense, meanwhile the NHL keeps preaching about how they want everybody wearing a visor, how can they let this shit go on?

never mind the fact that Muzzin's helmet was off 2 seconds into the fight

10+ Year Old Account
    Canucks finally get a regulation win!