Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    . Maybe they should have made a pitch to Toronto for Luke Schenn last summer, though I think in hindsight he would have thrived under Carlyle eventually.
    I honestly don't know how Phili could have given up JVR for Schenn 1 on 1. Schenn had 1 good season and got worse and worse every year, last year he looked like he couldn't control the puck or make a lengthy pass to save his life. His only strength seemed to be solid hitting last year. I don't think he'd make Oilers any better defensively; They need real top tier defenders right now to become a serious threat.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    They need a goalie too

I wonder if they will make any big moves in the summer to become a contender. They have the talent up front, but they need to trade some of it to balance out their roster.

Deleted
    They need a goalie too

I wonder if they will make any big moves in the summer to become a contender. They have the talent up front, but they need to trade some of it to balance out their roster.
    I heard Vancouver has an upper-class goalie for trade

In other news: If all goes according to plan Forsberg will debut for the Preds tonight. Really looking forward to see what this kid is all about :>

Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post

In other news: If all goes according to plan Forsberg will debut for the Preds tonight. Really looking forward to see what this kid is all about :>
    It would be a logical move, but I don't think Luongo wants to go to Edmonton. They also might not want to trade Luongo to a divisional opponent who are a few pieces and a couple years away from being an amazing team with the right coaching. Then you also have Minnesota has become so much more of a threat thanks to Parise and Suter. Colorado and Calgary look like they will be getting Jones, McKinnon, or Druinn next year as well which is going to make that division much harder to play all around in a couple years when Vancouver won't be able to resign some key players because of salary cap issues.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hawks shut down 'dem Blues!!!! 7th Shutout this season!

Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post

Sucks that I gotta work tonight and will miss it. Also I'm hoping Trotz sits the kid out a game, if they burn a year on his ELC for 6 games Poile needs to be fired >.>

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    It would be a logical move, but I don't think Luongo wants to go to Edmonton. They also might not want to trade Luongo to a divisional opponent who are a few pieces and a couple years away from being an amazing team with the right coaching. Then you also have Minnesota has become so much more of a threat thanks to Parise and Suter. Colorado and Calgary look like they will be getting Jones, McKinnon, or Druinn next year as well which is going to make that division much harder to play all around in a couple years when Vancouver won't be able to resign some key players because of salary cap issues.
    I think they're fine with Dubnyk, he showed massive improvements this year. His numbers aren't that bad when you look at the Oilers defensively as a team, especially when hes in the upper area of total Saves made. He gives them a better chance to win than anything they can logically get a hold of right now, so why not just hold onto him. Like they said on CBC last night (doubt you East coasters were up for it), they're still 7~ish pieces away from being a real contender. They're going to start running into problems here when Eberle/Hall's real contracts start kicking in too. I suspect a new contract will be signed for Sam Gagner aswell. Pretty hard to give up a guy like that when he's finally starting to be the player he has the skill to be. I'm wondering if drafting Yakupov wasn't the smartest thing to do when they already have an abundance of offensive talent (Hall, Eberle, RNH, Shultz, Ganger, Hemsky). With how highly touted Ryan Murray is, he may have been a better option to fit the needs of Edmonton. There's some retooling still needed to be done up there and I'm not sure anyone in that organization is really confident in what they've done so far. On one hand I'm glad because fuck the Oilers but on the other I'm sad that another Canadian team sucks. Glad to see the Eastern Canadian teams are kicking ass so far, I'll be cheering for the Leafs in 3~ weeks coming here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate St. Louis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Sucks that I gotta work tonight and will miss it. Also I'm hoping Trotz sits the kid out a game, if they burn a year on his ELC for 6 games Poile needs to be fired >.>
    No way in hell they're going to screw this up. They're gonna let him play a couple of shifts for a few games to get the feeling of the big leagues and that was it. Poile is no Feaster.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    Hawks shut down 'dem Blues!!!! 7th Shutout this season!
    before this season how far back do you guys gotta go to find 7 shutouts?

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    I hate St. Louis
    who doesnt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    before this season how far back do you guys gotta go to find 7 shutouts?
    2009 - 2010 - 11
    2010 - 2011 - 5
    2011 - 2012 - 0

I forgot how good Crawford was in 2010 - 2011 because of how fricking awful he was last season...
    Last edited by Garbles; 2013-04-15 at 05:26 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    2009 - 2010 - 11
    2010 - 2011 - 5
    2011 - 2012 - 0

I forgot how good Crawford was in 2010 - 2011 because of how fricking awful he was last season...
    that was more sarcasm on my part then anything but thanks for the honest answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't surprise me to be honest, though the timing is pretty lousy as the Oilers can't make any trades now and will have to wait until the draft to try and bolster their roster.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, sad day today

My sympathies for all the friends, families and victims of another terrorist attack. If it was an internal attack, I hope that the rat bastards hang, if it was a foreign organization, I hope their whole country gets nuked.

Deleted
    Yup, sad day today

My sympathies for all the friends, families and victims of another terrorist attack. If it was an internal attack, I hope that the rat bastards hang, if it was a foreign organization, I hope their whole country gets nuked.
    Seriously?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yup, sad day today

yeah, lets nuke a whole country and start world war 3...

I think it's pretty obvious what happened, Zdeno Chara broke the sound barrier with his slap shot.

Time and place for jokes, dude.