Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I'm telling you, nobody is giving this team the credit it deserves. The Leafs have a chance to go all the way.

No one gave Los Angeles a shot in hell last year, and look what happened there.

What a win, Leafs -- way to take it to 'em at home! GO LEAFS GO!
    Nah. I don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I'm telling you, nobody is giving this team the credit it deserves. The Leafs have a chance to go all the way.

No one gave Los Angeles a shot in hell last year, and look what happened there.

What a win, Leafs -- way to take it to 'em at home! GO LEAFS GO!
    Still 3/5 tough games we'd have to beat Boston before even thinking ahead, but I'm glad we had a game where we outplayed them for almost a solid 60 minutes. Hopefully Kostka won't be back unless we meet the Sens which seems to be the only team he plays like a solid D against lately. Also thrilled Kessel finally has that off his back as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    The veteran Finns still has some passing skill.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

Deleted
    Wow. Detroit is being Crushed by Anaheim

Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    If you look at nhl.com it reads BOS Leads 1-0 for the Bruins/Leafs series....Hah!

Edit: Also, the Ducks giving the Wings a nice sodomization in the 3rd period.

2nd Edit: .....and this game is in the bag 4-0. Goodnight Detroit.
    If Ducks do this well throughout the playoffs and Islanders can pull something out of their ass to beat the Penguins, I'm likely going to make a lot of money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Wow. Detroit is being Crushed by Anaheim
    I love it

TBH, it looked kinda even for 2 periods, but in this 3rd period they're just getting, well, decimated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    I love it

TBH, it looked kinda even for 2 periods, but in this 3rd period they're just getting, well, decimated.
    I have no idea why but I can't not love that Detroit is being crushed even if they have so many Swedes

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    If Ducks do this well throughout the playoffs and Islanders can pull something out of their ass to beat the Penguins, I'm likely going to make a lot of money.
    Seeing the Islanders eliminate the Pens would make my year.

Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    Nah. I don't buy it.
    No offense, but you watched how many Leaf's games this year? You've payed attention at all or your just hating for no reason? To those of us who have watched the team this year, they are a much much better team then they have been for the last 10 years. When they play their game, hard hitting, dump and chase, cycle, simple hockey, they are VERY hard to beat. It's when they start thinking too much that they start failing, for reference note's, see Game 1. When they play their game though, they are a tough, no nonsense team to play against, that is an absolute thrill to watch play!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    No offense, but you watched how many Leaf's games this year? You've payed attention at all or your just hating for no reason? To those of us who have watched the team this year, they are a much much better team then they have been for the last 10 years. When they play their game, hard hitting, dump and chase, cycle, simple hockey, they are VERY hard to beat. It's when they start thinking too much that they start failing, for reference note's, see Game 1. When they play their game though, they are a tough, no nonsense team to play against, that is an absolute thrill to watch play!
    If they get past Boston, they will be harder to beat because they play a similar game to Boston, but they will be able to ramp up their physicality since only the Bruins are bigger in the size department and their blue line depth is better. However the Leafs bar none have way more offensive skill in this series, just they lack consistency. Hopefully the flood gates have been opened and they will start scoring in droves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wooooo get some wings, go Ducks!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Leaf hate isn't blind. At least this is how it is for me. I really don't hate the Leafs as a team what so ever, it's just the fact that both CBC and TSN shove them down your throats. You either hate the Leafs or you love them as a Canadian hockey fan. You cannot watch an episode of Sportscenter without hearing about SOMETHING about that team. Everything they do is featured in it's own little segment during Sportscenter. For example, yesterday wasn't even a Leaf game day. There was 4 playoff games on the schedule and before they even talked about the other 3 (opener was obviously Sens/Habs) they had to talk about pointless Leaf discussion. Mind you, this was their 2nd day off in a row but TSN felt the need to play their cliche interviews. As I'm typing this, it's the first intermission of the Blues/Kings game and guess what CBC is talking about? They're talking about KESSEL and CHARA head to head time on ice. Fuck discussing this current game, we need to talk about the Leafs pronto because we only have another full day to discuss it tomorrow. It takes half their intermission to start talking about the game that's going on in front of them.

In the past I really let it effect my opinion on the Leafs but recently I've completely stopped watching TSN and checking out Leaf games muted for the most part. Enjoying them a lot more now that I don't hear every little thing that they do analyzed and talked about every single day. Even when they were under performing and had that collapse last season, TSN just had to talk about them every day regardless of where they were in the standings. I get that the network is based in Toronto and all but don't call yourself "Canada's Sports Network" if you only intend to analyze/discuss the Maple Leafs. There's definitely a clear dislike vibe towards other Canadian teams there. If they talk about Vancouver, it's only because of the Luongo/Schneider situation. Flames mentioned? Only because of Jarome. Oilers? Rebuild still not working, occasionally mention that. They only talk about other teams if something newsworthy happens, while they talk about the Leafs regardless if anything interesting happened or not.

Now obviously there are the fans who were grown up to hate the Leafs no matter what but at least as a Western Canadian hockey fan and resident, that's why I didn't like the Leafs prior to this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    The Leaf hate isn't blind. At least this is how it is for me. I really don't hate the Leafs as a team what so ever, it's just the fact that both CBC and TSN shove them down your throats. You either hate the Leafs or you love them as a Canadian hockey fan. You cannot watch an episode of Sportscenter without hearing about SOMETHING about that team. Everything they do is featured in it's own little segment during Sportscenter. For example, yesterday wasn't even a Leaf game day. There was 4 playoff games on the schedule and before they even talked about the other 3 (opener was obviously Sens/Habs) they had to talk about pointless Leaf discussion. Mind you, this was their 2nd day off in a row but TSN felt the need to play their cliche interviews. As I'm typing this, it's the first intermission of the Blues/Kings game and guess what CBC is talking about? They're talking about KESSEL and CHARA head to head time on ice. Fuck discussing this current game, we need to talk about the Leafs pronto because we only have another full day to discuss it tomorrow. It takes half their intermission to start talking about the game that's going on in front of them.

In the past I really let it effect my opinion on the Leafs but recently I've completely stopped watching TSN and checking out Leaf games muted for the most part. Enjoying them a lot more now that I don't hear every little thing that they do analyzed and talked about every single day. Even when they were under performing and had that collapse last season, TSN just had to talk about them every day regardless of where they were in the standings. I get that the network is based in Toronto and all but don't call yourself "Canada's Sports Network" if you only intend to analyze/discuss the Maple Leafs. There's definitely a clear dislike vibe towards other Canadian teams there. If they talk about Vancouver, it's only because of the Luongo/Schneider situation. Flames mentioned? Only because of Jarome. Oilers? Rebuild still not working, occasionally mention that. They only talk about other teams if something newsworthy happens, while they talk about the Leafs regardless if anything interesting happened or not.

Now obviously there are the fans who were grown up to hate the Leafs no matter what but at least as a Western Canadian hockey fan and resident, that's why I didn't like the Leafs prior to this season.
    Meh Leaf fans find it as annoying as the rest of the country. The problem you guys seem to have then is with those stations, Leafs don't force themselves down anyone's throat. Hell, half our team doesn't even like being interviewed.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly what I was saying. Also this Kings/Blues game is fucking awesome. So physical and everyone is just bangin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Meh Leaf fans find it as annoying as the rest of the country. The problem you guys seem to have then is with those stations, Leafs don't force themselves down anyone's throat. Hell, half our team doesn't even like being interviewed.
    Just ask Kes.. wait, where did he go?

Sorry Zeoni, but I'm I supposed to feel sorry for other Hockey fans? Leaf's are the biggest Hockey market in the world. If coverage wasn't somehow centered around them, then the media wouldn't be doing their job no matter how much we find it annoying. They are ALWAYS gonna cater to the largest market. I grew up in BC and had to deal with blind Leaf's hate all the freaking time. It still annoys me, sooo many Canuck fan's hate the Leaf's and they don't even know WHY. It's one of the most frustrating thing's to deal with.

Hell, as bad a TSN and CBC is, watching Sports Net Canuck broadcasts has to be the most disgusting homer broadcasting experience ever. Almost as bad as the Bruins.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No you're not supposed to feel sorry at all, it's just a source of hatred. If there wasn't constant coverage of the Leafs, I doubt there would be half as many haters as there are. They paint the Leafs to be this amazing team over and over again and it's just a bit annoying. I don't find the actual TSN broadcasts of the games bad. I actually really like their announcers but as soon as they go to that stupid little panel with that runt on the left, I have to mute or change the channel. Cannot stand those guys. I get that it's a business and they have to appeal to the majority, I fully understand that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    Just ask Kes.. wait, where did he go?

Sorry Zeoni, but I'm I supposed to feel sorry for other Hockey fans? Leaf's are the biggest Hockey market in the world. If coverage wasn't somehow centered around them, then the media wouldn't be doing their job no matter how much we find it annoying. They are ALWAYS gonna cater to the largest market. I grew up in BC and had to deal with blind Leaf's hate all the freaking time. It still annoys me, sooo many Canuck fan's hate the Leaf's and they don't even know WHY. It's one of the most frustrating thing's to deal with.

Hell, as bad a TSN and CBC is, watching Sports Net Canuck broadcasts has to be the most disgusting homer broadcasting experience ever. Almost as bad as the Bruins.
    As a Leafs fan (born and raised in the Toronto area) who now lives in Vancouver, I can attest to this too. For some reason, people just love to hate the blue and white for no reason. If you ask why, it's something nebulous like, "because they suck" or "because they're full of themselves" - which if you've ever watched some of the interviews with players like James Reimer, you would know is about as far from reality as you can get.

The Leafs are, as Juno pointed out, the biggest hockey market in the world. There are fans in Australia, fans in South America -- there is a Maple Leafs fan on the International Space Station, even! And this is their first playoff run since 2004. TSN is based in Toronto, CBC's headquarters is in Toronto, and with millions of Leafs fans around the world (and beyond!) wanting to tune in to find out the latest news about their team, it's easy work for them to do. And I'll agree with Juno again, in his assessment about the quality of the broadcasts. If you ever watch local broadcasts of Canucks games, the quality of everything is far below anything on a Maple Leafs broadcast. Even the crowds are nothing compared to Leafs home game crowds. (Though this can be said of any Original Six team - with the recent exception of Detroit (seriously, could have heard a pin drop during game 3!)

If you aren't a fan, I sympathize, but from a marketing, advertising, and business standpoint, the Leafs being in the playoffs are a huge deal. And if you watched to-night's game, you'll see, they're playing some really good hockey.
    Last edited by Atrea; 2013-05-05 at 06:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    I laughed at the end part