15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    Joe louis arena is both half empthy and quiet as hell.
    kind of hard for the fan base to stay in a game where the refs called a 5 minute major on a clean hit. Lydman had his head down poor baby. keep your head up.

Go Ducks!
    Don't really want Boston to succeed, but rather that.
    Go Isles!
    Go home SJS.
    Go STL!
    Go Ottawa!
    Come on Wild, you can do it. Eh, probably not.
    Go Rangers!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Typical behavior of a butt hurt sports fan, so I am not surprised. I'd arrest that asshole and throw him in prison for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Haha Thornton, what a little bitch. Picking a meaningless fight with less then a second remaining in the game, if they enforce the instigator rule he could get suspended. Fraser just obliged him in fighting.

---------- Post added 2013-05-04 at 09:58 PM ----------

The website has been buggy for about a month now. You have to refresh the page to get it working properly.
    Yeahhh, except that's pretty much exactly what your team did at the end of game 1, just nobody on the Bruins obliged you and actually fought... Anyways, Bruins got outplayed most of this game. Didn't match Toronto's intensity, they clearly wanted it more than we did tonight. We had a nice little run there for a bit, but god damn JVR. He stuck the dagger in and finished us off, kid has always killed us in the playoffs. He was pretty much the only good player on Philly two years ago when we swept them. Hamilton played a pretty good game, but it pisses me off that Julien split up the Chara/Seidenberg pairing because Hamilton was in. I didn't realize Hamilton can only play the right, I almost would've preferred bringing in Johnson or Bartkowski just to keep our top two together. The suspension affected us more than I was expecting just because of that. Seidenberg clearly didn't look as comfortable playing on the left side and didn't have a great game. So, it'll be nice to get those two back together for next game.

Peverley also should've stayed a healthy scratch. He just hasn't been good this year, and I liked Daugavins energy last game, would've liked to see him back in the lineup. Seguin had a fantastic game yesterday, nice to see him using his body and playing a bit more physical. He's fun to watch when he's engaged like that. The Lucic-Krejci-Horton line is still playing well too thankfully. Just based on how those two lines are playing I'm not worried about our ability to score in this series at all. Monday should be a hell of a game, here's hoping we come out ready to play this time.

Also, I love how nobody is mentioning Phaneuf's headshot on Paille. If that doesn't get a review I'm gonna be pissed...

And, it feels like I'm the only Bruins fan in this thread... Compared to the like 3 pages full of Leafs fans I just read. This is gonna be a longgg series. Props to you guys on the game though. I never expected this series to be easy, but it's definitely winnable. I still see us taking it in 6 or 7.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The league is reviewing the hit, though there is no official announcement on the website yet. It was being discussed in the post game article this morning by the fans. I don't think anyone even mentioned it during the CBC broadcast. But much like the Ference hit, it wasn't called. So Shanahan and company will look like hypocrites if they give Phaneuf a longer suspension for a similar type of hit, although it looks more like he took his forearms to Paillie's head then his actual elbows, whereas Ference went to Grabovski's head directly with the elbow. And if he doesn't get suspended then the league looks hypocritical. Someone should remind Paillie that he should be facing forward at all times, he was looking for the puck and got nailed because he didn't see Phaneuf come at him until the last second. To be fair though, Paillie didn't exactly crumble to the ice when Phaneuf hit him, when Ference hit Grabs he went face first to the ice. Both are head hits, but not exactly the same type of head hit. Phaneuf should know better then to bring his arms up that high, he should have been going for a neutralizing upper body check.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    kind of hard for the fan base to stay in a game where the refs called a 5 minute major on a clean hit. Lydman had his head down poor baby. keep your head up.
    Have the Wings ever lost a game without you whining about the Refs? Ever? I mean come ON, don't you get tired of this shit? It's the same narrative after every single game: The honorable Wings players can't get a skate on the ice without getting a game misconduct whilst the vile opponent could bring chainsaws and the Refs wouldn't think about calling. After every game. Every one.

Please for the love of god stop that and eat a loss like a man for once.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    After reviewing the replays of the hit, anyone who calls that hit an elbow to the head needs a new set of eyes. Phaneuf shouldered Paille in the head, but he didn't elbow him in the head. Paille is a fair bit shorter then Phaneuf, which is why there was head contact, and it looks like it was a result of the hit as it looks more like Phaneuf was trying to body check but he didn't lower himself to try and avoid Paille's head.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziwDinLe08I

The league is reviewing the hit, though there is no official announcement on the website yet. It was being discussed in the post game article this morning by the fans. I don't think anyone even mentioned it during the CBC broadcast. But much like the Ference hit, it wasn't called. So Shanahan and company will look like hypocrites if they give Phaneuf a longer suspension for a similar type of hit, although it looks more like he took his forearms to Paillie's head then his actual elbows, whereas Ference went to Grabovski's head directly with the elbow. And if he doesn't get suspended then the league looks hypocritical. Someone should remind Paillie that he should be facing forward at all times, he was looking for the puck and got nailed because he didn't see Phaneuf come at him until the last second. To be fair though, Paillie didn't exactly crumble to the ice when Phaneuf hit him, when Ference hit Grabs he went face first to the ice. Both are head hits, but not exactly the same type of head hit. Phaneuf should know better then to bring his arms up that high, he should have been going for a neutralizing upper body check.
    Well I'm glad they are reviewing it. Although, Abdelkader has already had a hearing scheduled, so hopefully one will soon follow with Phaneuf. The Ference and Phaneuf hits are definitely different kinds of hits, but they are both headshots. Ference wasn't suspended for en elbow, he was suspended for making the head the principle point of conduct, which is what Phaneuf did as well. I'm not looking for a longer suspension by any means, one game would be more than fair imo. They've set the precedent for this postseason with the one game suspension to Ference, so another headshot (unless it's blatantly much worse of a hit) should get the same one game suspension.

And yeah, I had heard this morning that CBC didn't even show the hit, whereas NESN played it a few times and discussed it. Didn't see the Ference hit live, but I imagine NESN must've spent some time on it as well. Can't believe they just tried to sweep it under the rug and not spend any time on it at all...

10+ Year Old Account
    After reviewing the replays of the hit, anyone who calls that hit an elbow to the head needs a new set of eyes. Phaneuf shouldered Paille in the head, but he didn't elbow him in the head. Paille is a fair bit shorter then Phaneuf, which is why there was head contact, and it looks like it was a result of the hit as it looks more like Phaneuf was trying to body check but he didn't lower himself to try and avoid Paille's head.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziwDinLe08I
    Should still be a one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Should still be a one game.
    Exactly. Nobody is saying it was an elbow to the head, but neither was Ference's. They were both basically biceps to the head. The sticking point is that the head was the principle point of contact, not whether an elbow was used or not. In both cases, the head was the principle point of contact, and so they should be equivalent punishments.

Can you link the hit? I don't recall it.

Nevermind, guess Rennadrel did already.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    Exactly. Nobody is saying it was an elbow to the head, but neither was Ference's. They were both basically biceps to the head. The sticking point is that the head was the principle point of contact, not whether an elbow was used or not. In both cases, the head was the principle point of contact, and so they should be equivalent punishments.
    True enough. We shall see what Shanny has to say about it. I think a 1 game suspension is in order.

10+ Year Old Account
    True enough. We shall see what Shanny has to say about it. I think a 1 game suspension is in order.
    Yeah, 1 seems right. Anymore than that will be ridiculous.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Islanders are hangin' with the Pens here, pretty surprising. The Phaneuf hit won't get suspended, it didn't look like he targeted the head and extended out with his arm but he didn't elbow him.

Also: www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpBIFsbcy6Q the Adbelkader hit on Lydman. He completely blind sides him, hits him in the head, and leaves his skates. Yep, clean hit see no evil.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    I'm not really sure on what planet that hit is clean. Even if you want to argue that he didn't target the head (which it looks like he did), both skates clearly leave the ice as he launches himself. It's clear as day.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally they get the scheduling right. Perfect timing for games today; they almost run perfectly. By the time this Islanders/Penguins game is over, Chicago/Minnesota will be getting ready to start. When that one ends, Montreal/Ottawa is near and then the late game. I'd rather this than having 2 games going at the same time for the majority of their course. Obviously it can't work this perfectly during week days, but every weekend should be scheduled like this imo.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Shittsburgh and the Lawlanders are going into OT, looks like the games are going to overlap.

I wonder, if the Islanders win this game, think Pittsburgh will consider Vokoun for next game?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends, when was his last start? He might be rusty, starting him could be a bad idea. People act like Fleury is some God sent from heaven to save Pittsburgh and guarantee them a chance at the Cup every year but clearly they don't have what it takes defensively right now. If they are getting matched against the Islanders offensively, there is something wrong with Pittsburgh's defense and goaltending

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends, when was his last start? He might be rusty, starting him could be a bad idea. People act like Fleury is some God sent from heaven to save Pittsburgh and guarantee them a chance at the Cup every year but clearly they don't have what it takes defensively right now. If they are getting matched against the Islanders offensively, there is something wrong with Pittsburgh's defense and goaltending
    Fleury is a pretty terrible goalie in my opinion. In fact, I think he is their weak link and will keep them from winning the Cup. There have only been a couple games where he has looked great, and one was that game vs. the Rangers where him and Lundqvist looked like Gods.