I'm not a Leafs fan, so I can still call them The Sedin Sisters and Burrows etc are a bunch of diving sissies?

No? Go riot!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    oh please, everyone and there brother knows that the nucks are a bunch of divers.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I'm not a Leafs fan, so I can still call them The Sedin Sisters and Burrows etc are a bunch of diving sissies?

No? Go riot!
    U don't phase me bro
    I remember it all too well

Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    U don't phase me bro
    I don't have to...when they blow up the team in June, they'll do all that for me!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    This is why "your fanbase is terrible and so by affiliation, your team is terrible" doesn't hold up with me. Any arguments with that I usually ignore
    I think you pretty much have to if you're a Canucks fan

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    oh please, everyone and there brother knows that the nucks are a bunch of divers.
    While on the topic of divers

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/26...ive_medium.gif

Kings Sharks @ 5
    Blackhawks Red Wings @ 6
    Senators Penguins @ 6
    Bruins Rangers @ 7

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    Ahahahhahahahaahahahhaahahahahaha
    gg toronto
    Still won more games then you guys.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 02:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I'm just shocked I haven't read something about the Refs yet lol
    I seriously questioned a lot of hits that Boston made in that game, several were legitimately boarding, one blatantly was a hold by Chara where he threw someone to the ice, Rask and Chara both sucker punching Grabs right in front of the ref and no call was made, Reimer getting tripped up behind his own net when playing the puck, just to name a few incidents. Boston got away with playing dirty and it wore the Leafs out big time, and that is what pisses me off.

By the end of the 2nd, the Leafs looked out of gas physically.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-05-14 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post

I seriously questioned a lot of hits that Boston made in that game, several were legitimately boarding, one blatantly was a hold by Chara where he threw someone to the ice, Rask and Chara both sucker punching Grabs right in front of the ref and no call was made, Reimer getting tripped up behind his own net when playing the puck, just to name a few incidents. Boston got away with playing dirty and it wore the Leafs out big time, and that is what pisses me off.

and still after all that, Toronto held a comfortable 4-1 lead. I can do that too you know, Boston comes up flying and get a cheap penalty call. They battle through it, take the lead and get another penalty. Toronto scores and get the momentum thanks to to refs. (see how easy it is ?. In the end Toronto tried to play conservative and it cost them the serie. Stop blaming the refs.

If this is gonna spark the 2nd line of Boston, they are going to be dangerous. It's going to be very tough against the Rangers though. NYR were one of the rare team giving a headache to the B's in the regular season when they were on top of their game. If they come up with flat performances like game 5 and 6 against Toronto, it's going to be a quick serie....

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post

Its game 7 of the series, the Refs are going to let the players decide who deserves the thing. It happens in every major professional sport out there, the Refs don't want to be the ones to " give" one team or the other the series. With that said, Chara probably should of gotten one, Rask was reacting to the situation, 95% of the goalies in the NHL would of done the same thing if their mask got ripped off and gotten away with it.

I will say that the playoffs make me want to choke the NHL sometimes. They go the entire season enforcing this new ruling on interference and then when it gets to playoffs its like " Whats interference? ". Pretty much unless its just blatant they let it ride, which is fine if they do it that way all season and are consistent in the playoffs.

With that said though, as someone without a dog in the hunt, they let both sides play and stayed out of the way of both teams. I guess overall thats better than calling every little thing that happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Toronto could have probably only been "out toughed" by one team in the Eastern conference and it was the Bruins. Let's not be blaming the refs. NHL referees are probably the best officials in all of North American sports at least in my opinion. They understand their game and what needs to be called and what doesn't.

I think that was a great series over all for fans of hockey. Tough hockey from both teams. I greatly enjoyed it. I wish my Habs would at some point in the next decade pick up some tips and see what kind of team wins playoff hockey. I am getting sick of watching the Mini Habs every year. Toronto seems to have a solid mix of speed and strength and, as sad as it makes me being a Habs fan living in Toronto, they could be around to push deeper over the next few years.

But really when it comes down to size, speed, and skill no one has impressed me as much as the Sharks in the first round. I know I know, "Choking Joe & Patti Bar-low? You must be joking!" you say. I think the time has come for them to play second fiddle to Couture and Pavelski and it may be exactly what they need. Less pressure. We will see how physical they can be against the Kings and this, in my humble opinion, will be the best series to watch in round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbringerx View Post
    Stop blaming the refs.
    One Leaf's fan in this whole thread has complained about the reffing. Inexperience above everything else cost them the series. They did this kind of shit all season long. They would just shift there legs and play into this lazy half thinking cough the puck up play for 15-20 minutes a game and it would ALWAYS bite us in the ass, especially when we had a lead. It's the kind of mistakes that young, inexperienced player's make. I'm very happy with my team overall, they proved they can compete even with their toughest rival, experience will come and I look forward to watching that team when they do get it.

And I'm sorry Xevan, but your logic doesn't fly with me for one fucking second. I live in BC, I have to deal with Canuck fan's ALL the damn time. The fan base is BEYOND shit, the amount of times I hear "LEAFS FUCKING SUCK, WATCH REAL HOCKEY FAGGOT" when I wear my Leaf's jersey and clothing is beyond stupid. Not mentioning when I get into a real Hockey conversation with ANY of them they have NO CLUE what the hell is going on in the NHL outside of the Nucks. Quite frankly the "lol comments" are freaking deserved when I have to deal with that kind of abuse for NO reason at all. And I genuinely don't like the Canuck's on principle as a Hockey team. LaPierre is one of the biggest PoS's in the game today, Burrow's is the definition of a whiny little bitch and I can not stand that Canuck fan's will defend the Sedin's year in and out after they NEVER EVER perform under pressure or in the Playoff's. They are as fair weather of players as you can get and not ONE of you fan's are willing to admit too it! And then there is the Luongo hate! They would blame him for anything and EVERYTHING that goes wrong even though the ENTIRE damn team doesn't show up to play.

Tradewind, no, a true homer is the idiot who sits there and screams "THE LEAFS DO NO WRONG! THEY WILL WIN THE STANLEY CUP EVERY YEAR!" That's a true homer, if you have pick into someone's speech pattern in order to justify that they are all Leaf's homers, aren't you stretching a bit here? And with the way they were talking, they are not wrong. Boston gave the pressure, but go back and watch if you don't believe it, it was Toronto's error's that gave that game right back too them. Game winning goal? Franson gave the puck right too Peverly. The 2 goal's leading up too overtime? Sloppy give away's by Toronto. What would have iced the game? Frattin not choking and beating Rask too make 5-2. Grabo not just dumping the puck deep when Rask was pulled but instead shooting for the empty net. It was Toronto's game to lose and they lost it. The analyst's are 100% right in that call.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Leafs blew it for sure. I hate that people said at the start Boston was going to sweep them. I said the series was going to go 7 games and it did, props to Boston for deciding to show up last minute. Clearly the didn't happen and the Leafs put up one hell of a fight. They were statistically outmatched in size, toughness and experience, but they fought valiantly. I'd like to see any other team in their shoes do much better. Haters are gonna hate but you can't not be impressed with how they have played this season. Give Carlyle a lot of credit for their success, and next year is another year and another opportunity. With the experience under their belts, this will be a team to watch out for come October.

15+ Year Old Account
    i can honestly say that no matter what happens from here on out, i am happy with what the wings accomplished this season.
    after losing lidstrom and stuart and homer last off season most everyone wrote us off.
    add in the massive number of man game injuries and even more wrote us off.
    and yet despite it all we are now in the second round of the playoffs.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Detroit is a horse of a team, never count out the under dogs in the playoffs either.

Hard to find the positives, but I think the first round heartbreak will help the Leafs in the future. Season undone by the inability to clear the puck. I was bothered all season by the minutes on minutes they'd spend trapped in their own end and it finally caught up to them in the worst way imaginable. Was good to se playoff hockey in this city for the first time since before I graduated high school (that long ago?).

Pittsburgh/Ottawa - not sure what to do here. Potent offence meet strong defence and superb goaltending... could go either way. Think the Pens are actually the underdog in many people's eyes now.. Pittsburgh in 6.
    Boston/New York - My brain says New York with the way Lundqvist is playing, but Boston is going to be a tough out after that series with the Leafs. New York in 7.
    Chicago/Detroit - Chicago in 6 (though I could easily see Detroit shocking them and maybe squeaking out a seventh game win).
    LA/San Jose - No one is expecting San Jose to do a damn thing here. LA in 6.

Here go my picks for the second round. Just picking the teams as I suck with picking series lengths :P

Pittsburgh/Ottawa - Ottawa
    Boston/NY - Boston

Chicago/Detroit - Chicago
    LA/San Jose - San Jose

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am honestly stunned by the amount of people picking the Kings in 4 or 5 games. Draynay can laugh at me if I'm wrong, but I love the way the Sharks are playing right now - too much shit talking of Vancouver last series and not enough credit to San Jose, therefore:

San Jose over Los Angeles in 6
    Chicago over Detroit in 5

Ottawa over Pittsburgh in 7
    New York over Boston in 6

Kings in 5
    Detroit in 6

Pittsburgh in 7
    New York in 6

I'm surprised how many people are picking NY over Boston. I don't think Boston's going to run away with it by any means, but I think it'll be a tight series. You have two goalies capable of standing on their heads, two great defenses, two horrible PP units, and two somewhat struggling offenses. If anything, Boston's offense has probably been slightly better than NY's. My guess is it will go to 7, but I'm hoping the Bruins can keep their momentum going and that late game comeback sparked something in them. They're actually two very even teams if you look at it. Bruins are 1-0-2 against them in the regular season, one of those games was in a SO so you can't really learn much from that since there is no SO in the playoffs. So, they essentially split the season series if you just call that one a tie.