Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    price isnt as bad as MAF.
    Difference is, one has a Cup ring, the other doesn't. It's called luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    2008 - 2009 Penguins D

Gonchar
    Letang
    Eaton
    Scuderi
    Boucher
    Orpik
    Gill
    Goligoski

Now? its a joke and MAF is swiss cheese.

I don't see Boston finishing below 2 and Detroit below 3. Boston still has too much depth (Ference is the only major loss, Eriksson was worth trading Seguin for IMO) and the players Detroit gained are better than the ones they lost. Though, I personally don't want to see Alfie win a cup so I'll be rooting against Detroit this year for a reason besides they're now in our division.

Other 2 will more than likely be between Toronto/Ottawa/Montreal. Ottawa getting Ryan seems like it will be a drastic upgrade over Alfredsson. Toronto will completely depend on secondary scoring. Montreal has Price, so even if they make the playoffs they'll get eliminated in round 1 by any of the previously mentioned teams.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our blue line core has pretty much remained intact, Kostka will be staying in the minors, Fraser looks to be staying as well as Franson and Gunnarsson. Petter Grandberg is coming over from Sweden this coming season. He has some winning pedigree for a 21 year old blue liner, with a world junior medal, a world championship medal and was a member of the Swedish Elite League's championship team Skelleftea. Odds are he play with the Marlies for a while until he adapts to our ice.

In front of Bernier and Reimer, we have a decent back end right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Predictions!

1. Boston 1. Pittsburgh
    2. Toronto 2. New York R
    3. Detroit 3. Philadelphia
    4. Montreal 4. Washington
    1. BOS 1. PIT
    2. DET 2. WAS
    3. TBL 3. CBJ
    4. TOR or MTL 4. NYR
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    2008 - 2009 Penguins D

Gonchar
    Letang
    Eaton
    Scuderi
    Boucher
    Orpik
    Gill
    Goligoski

Now? its a joke and MAF is swiss cheese.
    well they brought back Scuderi, I guess they remembered that when they won the cup he made as many saves as Fleury

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    I think with Stephane Waite leaving the Hawks to go be goalie coach for Montreal, Price will get the help he needs. Maybe i'm just being biased but I think Marc Bergevin will take Montreal in the right direction, I think they have a bright future with him there. Subban, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, all their young guys, are only going to get better.
    i like their young core, but Price always seems to be a question mark, he has had one good playoff run.

At least they got a good goalie in the system in Fucale now if things don't work

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    1. BOS 1. PIT
    2. DET 2. WAS
    3. TBL 3. CBJ
    4. TOR or MTL 4. NYR
    I don't see how Tampa Bay could get in there. I gotta expect Marty's production is going to go down, plus even though he stunk last year, they couldn't possibly be upgrading by losing Vinny. Definitely doesn't look like the same team that made the ECF a few years ago. They could definitely use a goalie, maybe Ilya?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I don't see how Tampa Bay could get in there. I gotta expect Marty's production is going to go down, plus even though he stunk last year, they couldn't possibly be upgrading by losing Vinny. Definitely doesn't look like the same team that made the ECF a few years ago. They could definitely use a goalie, maybe Ilya?
    Their goaltending should be okay with Bishop and Lindback. Lindback wasn't "awful" last year. The Bolts need to find consistency on both ends of the ice. Offensively they were excellent last year overall, but it was too streaky. They would score 7 goals one game and none the next two. A team with a -2 goal differential shouldn't have been as bad as they were. They need to shore up their defense, good luck with that seeing as they didn't even make any moves afaik for defenseman. I love the Lightning, but I really don't see them as a playoff team this year especially since the East just added two better teams than them to the race in Detroit and Columbus.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Columbus and Tampa are about on par in terms of their progress towards being a playoff team, though Bob's makes Columbus better in the one area Tampa sucks in right now. Both of them have average to weak defence.

I'm honsetly thinking NYI has a shot, despite the harsher contention.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I'm honsetly thinking NYI has a shot, despite the harsher contention.
    I could see that. I am a big fan of PMB. He was an awesome addition for the Isles, and dirt cheap. They have a lot of young, quality players in that organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Columbus and Tampa are about on par in terms of their progress towards being a playoff team, though Bob's makes Columbus better in the one area Tampa sucks in right now. Both of them have average to weak defence.
    Well Bob could easily implode next year like every single other Columbus goalie who has eve put together a stellar season.

https://twitter.com/freep/status/357956414364327936
    Huh.
    Maybe Alfie really was that expensive..

15+ Year Old Account
    you know what i love about the playoffs being over?
    all those fans who were here only for the playoffs and said they were real hockey fans? gone.

so much for that.
    and very funny on the detroit bankruptcy thing.

TBQH, if anything, I find it harder to follow the thread during play-off times. Too many emotions. And too much of me being butthurt to want to see potential gloating here.

all those fans who were here only for the playoffs and said they were real hockey fans? gone.

so much for that.
    They'll be back next year just like that one guy who comes to gloat the one or two times a season the Habs manage to beat the Leafs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    They'll be back next year just like that one guy who comes to gloat the one or two times a season the Habs manage to beat the Leafs.
    yes but we still get 9 months without the idiots.

Deleted

so much for that.
    Gonna be interesting where the Red wings will end up next season. Atlanta will be my guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    Gonna be interesting where the Red wings will end up next season. Atlanta will be my guess.
    The Red Wings are probably the only thing keeping Detroit on the map at this point.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    last i checked the wings were making the city of detroit money.