15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by McGurk View Post
    Pens fan for life here. Born and bred in Pittsburgh. But I gotta say, I don't really see us going all the way this year. I'll be hoping and cheering them on no matter what. But I don't know about all the way. I can see us easily going to the second round but after that I'm not sure.
    I seriously doubt that. You might get a game 7.

---------- Post added 2011-04-17 at 08:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Gold Medal: it took a team to give him his moment to shine. no team = no overtime, cuz he didnt do anything for the first 3 periods.
    Stanley Cup: it took the NHL handing it to them to get him his cup.
    Assists: Rebounds.

as yo uwere saying?
    I love you.

Don't forget he did almost diddly squat during the playoffs that year too.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    What's with the ignorant hate? It's one thing to hate a guy because he's your team's rival - that's just the nature of sports. It's another to discredit him entirely because of that hate.

For what it's worth, I think the sheer volume of media coverage for any superstar is beyond asinine.
    oh so you are saying the NHL didn't help Pittsburgh by leaps and bounds win the SC?
    Your saying Crosby did do something in the Gold Medal came to get his team to overtime?

---------- Post added 2011-04-17 at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post

I love you.

its a good thing i broke up a month ago, my ex might have taken offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    Back on topic. I just don't want any team in the Western Conference to win the cup.
    thats gonna really suck for you....

oh so you are saying the NHL didn't help Pittsburgh by leaps and bounds win the SC?
    Your saying Crosby did do something in the Gold Medal came to get his team to overtime?
    Dude, your team won it the year before in 6. If you want to point fingers for losing in 6 the year after, look at your own team first. These conspiracy theories are ridiculous... about on par with the Lakers in the early 00s and Heat in 06.

And by the way, getting the game winning goal tends to be a pretty huge thing. I'm not saying Crosby suddenly is god for getting it - after all, it was just a good play with a bit of chance on the side and a play any player with a good head on his shoulders could get (not to mention Iggy working his ass off to create the pass) - but his career as a whole? Love him or hate him, his career speaks for itself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dude, your team won it the year before in 6. If you want to point fingers for losing in 6 the year after, look at your own team first. These conspiracy theories are ridiculous... about on par with the Lakers in the early 00s and Heat in 06.

And by the way, getting the game winning goal tends to be a pretty huge thing. I'm not saying Crosby suddenly is god for getting it - after all, it was just a good play with a bit of chance on the side and a play any player with a good head on his shoulders could get (not to mention Iggy working his ass off to create the pass) - but his career as a whole? Love him or hate him, his career speaks for itself.
    1> we lost it in 7.
    2> Series moved up 8 days. against the league rules. Red wings played Injured.
    3> Malkin played Game 3 after an instigator penalty in the final 5 mintues of game 2. 3 Assists is a pretty friggen good night for a guy who shouldnt have been on the ice.
    4> 7 Men on the ice. 35 Seconds. Red Wings bench point it out. Fans Screaming about it. No Call. Refs must have been deaf.
    5> Talbots first goal. Icing. Wasn't called. so umm, what happened that the refs dropped the ball on something there ALWAYS on top of?
    6> with the Goal in OT at the Gold medal Game: How many people Remember Iginla passed it to the golden boy? how many people remember that it took the rest of team Canada to force overtime to give the golden boy his chance? yeah, no one.

1> we lost it in 7.
    2> Series moved up 8 days. against the league rules. Red wings played Injured.
    3> Malkin played Game 3 after an instigator penalty in the final 5 mintues of game 2. 3 Assists is a pretty friggen good night for a guy who shouldnt have been on the ice.
    4> 7 Men on the ice. 35 Seconds. Red Wings bench point it out. Fans Screaming about it. No Call. Refs must have been deaf.
    5> Talbots first goal. Icing. Wasn't called. so umm, what happened that the refs dropped the ball on something there ALWAYS on top of?
    6> with the Goal in OT at the Gold medal Game: How many people Remember Iginla passed it to the golden boy? how many people remember that it took the rest of team Canada to force overtime to give the golden boy his chance? yeah, no one.
    Look, I'm not going to argue with you about the apparent conspiracy theory to give the Pens the cup. I've already had to deal with this shit with Sacramento fans in 01-02 against the Lakers, Dallas fans in 06 against the Heat, and on and on and on. Blown calls and goof ups are - unfortunately - a part of professional sports.

My point is this: he's had a damn good career.

15+ Year Old Account
    Look, I'm not going to argue with you about the apparent conspiracy theory to give the Pens the cup. I've already had to deal with this shit with Sacramento fans in 01-02 against the Lakers, Dallas fans in 06 against the Heat, and on and on and on. Blown calls and goof ups are - unfortunately - a part of professional sports.

My point is this: he's had a damn good career.
    doesnt mean much when your stanley cup is not deserved. how do you goof up suspending a guy for a game when it is plain as day in the rule book? how do you goof up moving the series when the rule book says you can't? your talking about 2 fairly obvious calls to blow, an icing, which is called all the dang time, and an obvious explosion from the fans and other teams bench that there is 7 skaters on the other side. its not hard to count to 5 and realize ther is more penguins jerseys out there than that.

A fully healthy Wings team would put up a good fight against a fully healthy Canucks team. I hope they meet in the playoffs because it has potential to be one of the best series I've seen in a long time.

Wings fan here by the way, I still give the Canucks the edge. They are absolutely murdering the Hawks and frankly their domination scares me

Gold Medal: it took a team to give him his moment to shine. no team = no overtime, cuz he didnt do anything for the first 3 periods.
    Stanley Cup: it took the NHL handing it to them to get him his cup.
    Assists: Rebounds.

as yo uwere saying?
    I guess Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky weren't that great of players either and didn't contribute too much to the team because a few games they didn't get a point and forcing rebounds for assists didn't mean shit. What you are saying is its all a team effort and not one player should receive any credit for their contributions to the team. Learn the game please. You Detroit fanboys can't give any credit or positive recognition to any of team or player in the league. You are the Yankees of hockey. Get super mad.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky weren't that great of players either and didn't contribute too much to the team because a few games they didn't get a point and forcing rebounds for assists didn't mean shit. What you are saying is its all a team effort and not one player should receive any credit for their contributions to the team. Learn the game please. You Detroit fanboys can't give any credit or positive recognition to any of team or player in the league. You are the Yankees of hockey. Get super mad.
    no, what i am saying is this. for the "Golden Boy" and how much everyone brags about how good he is.
    He had ZERO contribution to his team when it should have mattered most, the first 3 periods of the Gold Medal game
    He had very minimal impact on the Stanley Cup Finals. the Best player in the league should not be shut down one on one, and Zetterberg had him all but shut down. 7 Games, 1 Goal, 2 Assists, for the supposed best player in the league. Sorry, thats not that good.

---------- Post added 2011-04-17 at 11:50 PM ----------

on the flip side, i cant even get a stream for the ducks/preds game. sad panda.

You Detroit fanboys can't give any credit or positive recognition to any of team or player in the league. You are the Yankees of hockey. Get super mad.
    This. SO MUCH.

Any great player is just a fluke, carried, *enter conspiracy theory*, etc.

But every player on the Red Wings is a gift from god.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

doesnt mean much when your stanley cup is not deserved. how do you goof up suspending a guy for a game when it is plain as day in the rule book? how do you goof up moving the series when the rule book says you can't? your talking about 2 fairly obvious calls to blow, an icing, which is called all the dang time, and an obvious explosion from the fans and other teams bench that there is 7 skaters on the other side. its not hard to count to 5 and realize ther is more penguins jerseys out there than that.
    And this is exactly what I mean. Dallas fans still fume over the fact that Dwyane Wade got as many free throws as the whole Dallas team combined in Game 5 of the playoff finals. There are still people who feel Kobe's first 3 rings should be discounted because a) he got carried by Shaq, and more related to your point, b) Lakers got a fuck ton of calls their way in a tight and highly contested series against Sacramento. It's the same bitter-hindsight comments I keep hearing over and over again.

No matter what we say, this will likely not end well. I'm just making a simple point in regards to his career. But even if I were to humour you and say Crosby's one SC is illegitimate, like Kobe during the early 00s era minus his 3 rings, Crosby's career is still pretty impressive.

I hope that makes sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    This. SO MUCH.

Really? sorry, i have respect for Letang, S. Weber, Tim Thomas, Price, Rinne, Theodore, the Sedin Twins, Semin, Stamkos, Lecavalier, and a lot of others, i just do not have respect for someone who is shoved down our throats. show me a player who gets half the media attention crosby does. YOU CAN'T. is Crosby skilled? YES! is he as good as he is made out to be? HELL NO! that is the difference. No one but him is made out to be more than they are, save Ovie.

Really? sorry, i have respect for Letang, S. Weber, Tim Thomas, Price, Rinne, Theodore, the Sedin Twins, Semin, Stamkos, Lecavalier, and a lot of others, i just do not have respect for someone who is shoved down our throats. show me a player who gets half the media attention crosby does. YOU CAN'T. is Crosby skilled? YES! is he as good as he is made out to be? HELL NO! that is the difference. No one but him is made out to be more than they are, save Ovie.
    If you mean hockey, obviously no one. The league gets the most money that way.

If you meant in sports? Ronaldo. LeBron. Kobe. Manning. Brady. Pick your poison really.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you mean hockey, obviously no one. The league gets the most money that way.

If you meant in sports? Ronaldo. LeBron. Kobe. Manning. Brady. Pick your poison really.
    and see thats the thing, everyone outside of pittsburgh is tired of hearing about Crosby, were sick of it, we want to hear about more than just crosby, and i am not just talking about our own players, i want to hear more about the guys who are flying under the radar, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    John Scott is in tonight for Chicago to deliver some whoop-ass. Maybe now our skill guys can get the chance to shine and stick it to Vancouver.

Luongo will be shaving early again.

and see thats the thing, everyone outside of pittsburgh is tired of hearing about Crosby, were sick of it, we want to hear about more than just crosby, and i am not just talking about our own players, i want to hear more about the guys who are flying under the radar, etc.
    I hear you man. I mean, a Wings example? I still don't think a lot of people understand that Datysuk is probably the best 2-way player of our generation. But, being the quiet guy he is, no one really talks about him and what he does.

Being more of a NBA guy myself, it's sort of like how everyone talks about LeBron, Kobe, KD, Derrick Rose and on and on, but then players like Zach Randolph, despite putting up 20-10 numbers consistently, is virtually unheard of outside of Memphis.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post

I love you.

ya 31 pst second on the team in scoring diddly squat heh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    This. SO MUCH.

Sorry if the red wings made 20 consecutives playoffs, won 4 cups during those 20 years, and still managed to get late rounders and make them solid NHL players, when some 1st overall picks spent their career in the american league or in Europe.

Theres no conspiracy behind a guy like Cooke who can send to the hospital a shitload of talented player (Savard, Markov.. ) without getting any suspension.

Btw who was the coach and the manager of Team Canada, yeah thats right, Babock and Yzerman, and crosby scored, but he hasnt been dominant during the tournament like Rafalski was for Team USA, oh and btw its not that hard to be a 90+ point scorer when the strategy of the team is focused on one guy who never have to worry about TOI or stuff like that..

If crosby was a terrible player people wouldnt take about him. People say o enough about crosby already, well he was projected to get 132 pts this year if he didnt get hurt. Hes easily the best player in the NHL. Im not trying to say he is as good as grektzky but back in the 80s everyone outside of edmonton hated the oilers.