I know Luongo is a good goalie but I don't think hes an elite goalie. Schnieder isnt a long term backup and will have to be traded or let go so I would at least listen to offers to Luongo if anyone wants him if I was them. Maybe I just jinx him. I don't watch much of the Canucks except the playoffs and he does poorly and in the Olympics he really should have handed his gold medal over to Ryan Miller. He got the job done but seemed as shaky as Schnieders puck handling last night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bickell wasnt suspended... he has surgery for his wrist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Bickell wasnt suspended... he has surgery for his wrist.
    Which is why he said suspended by the hockey gods, not the hockey league.

Quote Originally Posted by Druxray View Post
    This was probably brought up yesterday but what do you guys think about Luongo? Does Chicago just have his number or do you think long term he might not be in the Canucks plans. I know last off season people were talking about Schnieder and Luongo lost his C making it seem like it could be possible for a move but he makes 5 million a year and has a 10 years remaining. Think Vancouver is kicking themselves over that contract now or you think he'll earn it with better play from here on out?
    He's a great goalie. It's just something between his ears goes haywire against the Blackhawks.

He won the Jennings this year, got nominated for the Vezina and put up the best numbers of his career. And Schnieds was probably the best rookie goalie of this year (Better than Crawford), he could be the goalie of the Canucks future if they choose to switch Luongo to a backup role down the road (This might be tough).
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Druxray View Post
    I know Luongo is a good goalie but I don't think hes an elite goalie. Schnieder isnt a long term backup and will have to be traded or let go so I would at least listen to offers to Luongo if anyone wants him if I was them. Maybe I just jinx him. I don't watch much of the Canucks except the playoffs and he does poorly and in the Olympics he really should have handed his gold medal over to Ryan Miller. He got the job done but seemed as shaky as Schnieders puck handling last night.
    I dont see anyone wanting him as he is the most hated goalie in the league.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Good on Gillis. Although it might be too late, and does show some desperation, but I doubt it. The team played lights out last night.
    Ya that is all gamesmanship by Gillis. Power plays have been slanted in the series for sure. Played lights out might be just a bit of an overstatement. The Sedin line was fucking horrible yesterday. Their defense is such an enormous liability it is really hurting them. They were on the ice for every single goal against last night and the overtime goal was a result of incredibly poor defense by one of them in front of the net.

Why? Says who?

Almost every player you ask (In the west) say Luongo is probably the hardest goalie to score on.

Unless you mean hated in that way, then i guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rofl. Maybe to fans, but you know how long that will last? About .00001 seconds after the news comes out that they acquired Luongo. There are only a handful of teams that would have no interest in him. No way do the Canucks get rid of him anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Ya that is all gamesmanship by Gillis. Power plays have been slanted in the series for sure. Played lights out might be just a bit of an overstatement. The Sedin line was fucking horrible yesterday. Their defense is such an enormous liability it is really hurting them. They were on the ice for every single goal against last night and the overtime goal was a result of incredibly poor defense by one of them in front of the net.
    I wouldn't say they were horrible, but they weren't up to their usual caliber of play. Much better than the previous 2 games.

Best line on the ice was the Raymond-Kesler-Burrows line. It was ridiculously fast and caused many turnovers on the Blackhawks D.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Rofl. Maybe to fans, but you know how long that will last? About .00001 seconds after the news comes out that they acquired Luongo. There are only a handful of teams that would have no interest in him. No way do the Canucks get rid of him anyways.
    I still remember my reaction when the Canucks first got Luongo...

"We traded Bertuzzi to the Florida what for who?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the van chi game can go in any direction tomorrow, but i think Luongos goin in with a lot of pressure on his shoulders, but like i said earlier..for some odd reason i have this feeling that Kane will have a big game..

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    In Coquitlam, takes me about a half hour to reach Rogers Arena. I don't like buying tickets anywhere besides an official tickets store or from the box office. At least then I know the tickets are legit and don't have a 300% markup price.

Though a friend told me that if you wait outside the game until the opening whistle goes, the scalper's price drops dramatically.
    oh nice. abbotsford here. I can understand that, i dont really go to sportsgames, but scaplers and people who sell tickets always seem sketch to me. The person they bought it off seemed legit i think, and they only paid 150 for it, which i thought was a good price, but i dont know the prices of playoff tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Congratulations for finding a use for expendable casuals.

I know I was blaming Luongo a bit there but about what Conscript said I think speaks volumes. The Sedins are just not pulling their weight. Chicago had the last change and I do not remember all the details to the goals, maybe the sedin line got stuck out there against a bad matchup but even if they are a liability defensively they need to do what they do best and contribute offensively. I thought Vancouver was really lucky in game one to get the victory and I didn't think they played well except they took advantage of opportunities in that first perioid and luongo got the shutout. The Sedins showed up in Game 2 and 3 and those were wins and I don't remember them much since. I don't know what to expect for game 7 but I am sure Vancouver is going to try and will their team into winning. That crowd will probably be awesome and I hope its a good game.

---------- Post added 2011-04-26 at 02:42 AM ----------

I think the van chi game can go in any direction tomorrow, but i think Luongos goin in with a lot of pressure on his shoulders, but like i said earlier..for some odd reason i have this feeling that Kane will have a big game..
    That would be awful. hes already Luongo's nemesis and like you said he has so much pressure. Be kind Kane please don't send him over the edge.

Luongo is done with Vancouver if they don't win game 7. You heard it hear first

Quote Originally Posted by Wooblez View Post
    Luongo is done with Vancouver if they don't win game 7. You heard it hear first
    Yeah... no.

My guess would be if they lose tomorrow this team gets one more year. I think Malholtra would be a great help for them. Then maybe a few small moves in the offseason for the third and fourth lines (find someone other than Torres for toughness).

After that I would blow up this team as they should be doing better after great regular seasons or maybe go for a big name coach idk

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is sj ends the series tonight by the way this games going right now...

10+ Year Old Account
    is it wrong if I kinda want to see canucks lose to see if there would be riots?pls note that % is like .0000000000000000000000000000000001 of me

15+ Year Old Account
    Kings game looking good. 3-3 right now.

Don't agree with all of these, but it sums up the night pretty well.

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)