10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I remember thinking something similar to that during the Chicago series.

I've learned my lesson back then. Never hope for a Game 5. Lets finish this as quickly as possible. I don't want Boston to have an inch of breathing room.
    well theres that too.

11 seconds almost an NHL record. chara really needs to figure out how to defend better or canucks are just gonna pass by the friendly giant every time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    11 seconds almost an NHL record. chara really needs to figure out how to defend better or canucks are just gonna pass by the friendly giant every time.
    Well, to be fair.. Chara really doesn't do anything..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    QFT
    10 chars

Wewtskies...johnny canuck felled Chara, just forgot to yell 'timber!'

I'm going to have to start taking the laptop out to watch the game, takes too long to catch up to everyone.

Chara is the new Ben Eager, give him more ice time plz!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    He didn't have a very good game. If you focus on him when Vancouver scored their goals tonight he looked tired on the plays. Obviously when you play almost 30 minutes a game you have to pick and choose when to step up, but it just looks like he's wearing down. If Boston is going to get into this game he needs to be on par with Thomas in terms of play or the Bruins are done. I don't see that happening.

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    I had hoped that there was some upside to Lapierre and Higgins when they picked them up...

Wow...just wow.

Either the scouting team for the Canucks can see into the future or they're ridiculously good at what they do.

Oh...and picking up Raffi Torres cause no one wanted him ....

Oh...and picking up Malhotra for a song.

Oh...and keeping Bieksa instead of trading him like all the media said was the smart thing to do.

Fking geniuses, it starts to blow my mind when I think about all the great decisions that happened in the last year to make this happen.

Bourdon is sending you sunshine Burr, you can bet on that.

variation of pull my finger.. ;"cMON BITE MY FINGER!! BITE IT!"

lmao

cant wait to see game 3.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright, be respectful guys..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phazedin View Post
    Chara is the new Ben Eager, give him more ice time plz!
    Is that even possible?

Another rough loss for the B's. Yet they seem to make the same mistakes over and over again. They sat on their lead in the 3rd period and made terrible mistakes with the puck in their defensive end.
    Also every time Thomas gets out of the net, everyone in Boston is holding their breath. Dear god Timmy, stay in your godamn crease.
    A few mentions of Burrows getting the winner, which was not suspended. Kinda surprised our buddy marcelos, who keeps whinning about refereeing, didn't point that out but hey... just one of many who jumped on the Vancouver bandwagon. Hold on and sit tight.

Series is far from over, but it will be interesting to see how Boston reacts on home ice after 2 heartbreaking losses.

Lastly, I'm not finding the Lapierre "taunt" very clever. Lapierre is well known by Boston fans for being a chicken and a wuss, talking a lot but refusing to fight. Here's a clip of him refusing to fight against Ference (who is really just a small guy) from 2 years ago. I'm from Mtl, but I really have no respect for players like this, Sean Avery like piece of garbage pretty much.
    www youtube com/watch?v=VnU7Z43z2kI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashbringerx View Post
    Another rough loss for the B's. Yet they seem to make the same mistakes over and over again. They sat on their lead in the 3rd period and made terrible mistakes with the puck in their defensive end.
    Their coach has also mentioned neutral zone giveaways, that's the cause of quite a few odd man rushes for Van city.

Also every time Thomas gets out of the net, everyone in Boston is holding their breath. Dear god Timmy, stay in your godamn crease.
    I've said the exact same thing about Luongo and Schneider several times. There are only a handful of goalies in the league that can really leave the net w/o completely messing up.

A few mentions of Burrows getting the winner, which was not suspended. Kinda surprised our buddy marcelos, who keeps whinning about refereeing, didn't point that out but hey... just one of many who jumped on the Vancouver bandwagon. Hold on and sit tight.
    Re: Nathan Horton

Series is far from over, but it will be interesting to see how Boston reacts on home ice after 2 heartbreaking losses.
    Agreed, a series isn't over until you've lost at home. The two upcoming Boston games will determine sink or swim.

Lastly, I'm not finding the Lapierre "taunt" very clever. Lapierre is well known by Boston fans for being a chicken and a wuss, talking a lot but refusing to fight. Here's a clip of him refusing to fight against Ference (who is really just a small guy) from 2 years ago. I'm from Mtl, but I really have no respect for players like this, Sean Avery like piece of garbage pretty much.
    To each his own. The only thing I judge 'Nuck agitators on is whether they draw more penalties or they take more.

well hes french so what do u expect, jk lol to all frenchies.

im hoping to see an interesting game again in Bostons own rink. on wed i think.

15+ Year Old Account

actually i already brought that up. as was said before, the guy stuck his hand in his mouth, that said, Horton wasn't suspended for game 7 in the ECF and got his team into the finals so iguess what i get to say is this: Karma is a bitch eh?
    i am not on the Vancouver Bandwagon. i am on the Western Conference bandwagon. rather root for the west than the east any day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    actually i already brought that up. as was said before, the guy stuck his hand in his mouth, that said, Horton wasn't suspended for game 7 in the ECF and got his team into the finals so iguess what i get to say is this: Karma is a bitch eh?
    i am not on the Vancouver Bandwagon. i am on the Western Conference bandwagon. rather root for the west than the east any day.
    So vancouver right?

:P

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thomas is still a good goalie, and honestly he shouldn't change anything. It's just the way he plays. While hearts may stop when he's outside of his crease, I assure you the hearts of every Canucks fan remains stopped for minutes after Luongo leaves the net.

The rest of the team needs to step it up. You can't really sit on a lead against a team like Vancouver. A team like Montreal you can because of how streaky they can be with offensive pressure, Vancouver? No.

Although it would be nice to win it at home I would rather they just win it and be done with it. Obviously I would prefer a win at home, but I thought the same thing after they embarrassed Chicago with the first 3 games. With the first loss I was like, "sweet, now they can win at home". Although it worked out for the best in the end (as a hockey fan a game 7 OT win at home can't be much sweeter) it was still too close lol.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Boston has one of the best home records this post season, don't count them out yet. It could go down to the wire based on home and away records.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Boston has one of the best home records this post season, don't count them out yet. It could go down to the wire based on home and away records.
    I hope they win at least one, so the Canucks can win the cup at home.

Same with Luongo, same with Luongo..

A few mentions of Burrows getting the winner, which was not suspended.
    Watch the video and you will see Bergeron shoving his glove into Burrows' mouth, and then Burrows using his other hand to pull it out. I don't blame Burrows for biting the finger of a goon that was just asking for it.

just one of many who jumped on the Vancouver bandwagon. Hold on and sit tight.
    I don't blame anyone for joining the bandwagon, I don't respect you, but at least you were smart enough to choose Vancity > Boston.

You're not out of it til you lose one at home, that being said, Vancouver's road record isn't too shabby.

Lastly, I'm not finding the Lapierre "taunt" very clever. Lapierre is well known by Boston fans for being a chicken and a wuss, talking a lot but refusing to fight. Here's a clip of him refusing to fight against Ference (who is really just a small guy) from 2 years ago.
    He's one of those guys you love to have, but you hate to play against. I fail to see how it isn't clever. Bergeron was pretty much asking Burrows to bite him by how he shoved his glove in there, so LaPierre simply offered one.

Why would you discredit him for not fighting? He's doing his job, he's a 1st class agitator, he draws penalties by frustrating, but he doesn't take a lot of penalties by staying smart.

Also, you shouldn't call out of a suspension on Burrows after that neanderthal looking goon, Horton, had a questionable one during the TB series, or when Horton and Lucic just suckerpunched Tampa Bay's players because they were getting outplayed and outclassed.

Stay classy, Boston.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)