I think I'm going to rescind my earlier post of the leafs going on the predictable last minute push for 8th, they're just playing so poorly right now I can hardly stand to watch. That Philly game on Saturday was a joke they looked like a farm league team.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The Leafs and the Raptors are or should be in full blown Tank Nation mode right now. Good sports city is good.
    The Raptors have been in rebuild since the day they were conceived. They have never been a winning team, never have gone further then the first or second round of the playoffs, and have never had the players who were committed enough to stick around. Hedo Turkoglu was a horrible trade two years ago, but then again the guy came here and played with zero passion or energy every night, Bosh and Carter both gave up on the team despite having the highest salaries, didn't have the patience for the GM to do his job. Now Bosh can be a 3rd wheel in Miami for the rest of his life and Carter is so mediocre as a player now no one cares about him.

15+ Year Old Account
    /sigh

Leafs really have no fire left in them. Was hoping with a new coach they would maybe get a little kick, but it seems they're just going through the motions now trying to end the season. All well, looking forward to watching they playoffs and seeing teams that wanna play every night.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    /sigh

Leafs really have no fire left in them. Was hoping with a new coach they would maybe get a little kick, but it seems they're just going through the motions now trying to end the season. All well, looking forward to watching they playoffs and seeing teams that wanna play every night.
    We, Capitals fans, thank the Maple Leafs for helping us back into 8th.

At least until we face good teams and drop back down to 10th.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post

who AREN'T you a fan of?

15+ Year Old Account

Until you beat one or two of those good/decent teams and end up 3rd in the East you mean. As incredibly mediocre as they have been all season, Washington is on the cusp of getting home ice advantage in the first round of the playoffs despite having nearly 20 fewer points than the top seed in the East. Washington plays 6 more games against current playoff teams (Phi, Det, Chi, Bos, Fla, NYR) and three against fringe teams Buffalo and Winnipegx2. Florida only plays 4 (Wsh, Det, Phi, Bos) and once each against Buffalo and Winnipeg. Washington certainly has the tougher path to 3rd, but I still refuse to believe Florida is going to win that division. That division is so bad that Tampa still has a 1% chance to win it according to SCS.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    who AREN'T you a fan of?
    The Miami Heat!
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Miami Heat!
    Yep screw them, let's go Bulls!

15+ Year Old Account
    The Miami Heat!
    this isn't a basketball thread, talk hockey WOMAN!

---------- Post added 2012-03-12 at 03:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Yep screw them, let's go Bulls!
    *looks around to make sure no ones looking*
    LETS GO PISTONS!
    *looks around and busts out laughing at the stupidity of what i just said*

10+ Year Old Account
    Victoria Cougars are bringing home their second cup this year, mark my words.

All you Detroit fans out there better remember that your club originated in my hometown.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2012-03-12 at 07:58 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Curtis Glencross is on a 7 game goal streak, hopefully he keeps this up in the future, could be a real asset for another team making a Cup push in the following years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a blues fan inform they have the best depth in the league and are a shoo in for the cup. Well, not every team can have two second lines, a third and a fourth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Had a blues fan inform they have the best depth in the league and are a shoo in for the cup. Well, not every team can have two second lines, a third and a fourth.
    Remember, most Blues fans started watching Hockey in December. most Depth? yeah...ok. shoo in for the SC? based on what Playoff EXP?

Bueller, Bueller

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if anyone saw but the Hawks made an interesting move to sign Carcillo for another 2 years while he's hurt....Not exactly sure why they didn't wait until he was fully recovered and he can play, but I guess we'll see what happens. I actually liked when Danny was playing for us; he was just a dirty player that the Hawks don't really have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    Don't know if anyone saw but the Hawks made an interesting move to sign Carcillo for another 2 years while he's hurt....Not exactly sure why they didn't wait until he was fully recovered and he can play, but I guess we'll see what happens. I actually liked when Danny was playing for us; he was just a dirty player that the Hawks don't really have.
    better yet. why did the resign the guy period? absolute trash. i'd take Ericsson over this piece of Shit and i think that says a lot. ask any Wings fan.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Have fun being eliminated in the first round if the Caps make it. Seriously, no team in the 6-8 spots are going to survive the first round. Well, whoever faces Boston could win that round with how poorly the Bruins have been playing, but I doubt it will be easy.

---------- Post added 2012-03-12 at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Until you beat one or two of those good/decent teams and end up 3rd in the East you mean. As incredibly mediocre as they have been all season, Washington is on the cusp of getting home ice advantage in the first round of the playoffs despite having nearly 20 fewer points than the top seed in the East. Washington plays 6 more games against current playoff teams (Phi, Det, Chi, Bos, Fla, NYR) and three against fringe teams Buffalo and Winnipegx2. Florida only plays 4 (Wsh, Det, Phi, Bos) and once each against Buffalo and Winnipeg. Washington certainly has the tougher path to 3rd, but I still refuse to believe Florida is going to win that division. That division is so bad that Tampa still has a 1% chance to win it according to SCS.
    Well, hopefully tonight in Florida the Leafs can pull out a win, maybe it will help improve Tampa's chances of making the playoffs. That said, none of the teams that are chasing a playoff position right now have the depth and skill to beat the Rangers or the Penguins in the East. Certainly they are the two most favoured teams in the conference, at least in my mind anyway. It's still a bit of a toss up, whoever is in the 4vs5 seed could be an interesting series as it will most likely be the Flyers vs the Penguins, 1vs8 will no doubt be sweep if the Rangers keep up their good play, 2vs7 would depend on the teams, Ottawa is still playing pretty decently, but Boston has the depth. In the 3vs6 series, the Devils will no doubt take it, they have the goaltending experience and their team as a whole is rolling along well, doesn't matter who they play, because the #3 seed is going to be either Washington or Florida, and neither is good enough to beat the Devils in a 7 game series in my opinion.

So, I know this is NHL, but my hometeam qualified for the qualification series for the highest league in Sweden (where we fell out in spring 2010), by crushing the #1 and thus stealing their place.
    (Keep in mind that Swedish system works like Points > Goal difference > amount of goals scored > games between the two teams > amount of overall victories at full time when deciding standings.)

With our rival team having the same points as ours, but +2 in goal difference, and they advancing to 0-3 after 7 minutes and us having 0-0 at that point, things were looking quite grim, as we had to win by six or more goals.
    They got 1-4 in second period against a team that had no reach at all for qualification, and basically laid down to die.
    We on the other hand faced the #1 team in the pre-qualification league and managed to crush them with 7-0 and thus advancing. I've never had so many conflicting feelings in one night!

Now we just have to come #1 or #2 in the actual qualification series. (Last two teams from the highest league goes down for the qualification series, against the highest three from the second highest league. The #6 team is decided on who wins between the #3-7 seeds from the second league, in a league where everyone faces eachother twice, with higher seeded teams have 1 point extra to start out with, in a 3-point system. And that's the place we snagged tonight! \o/)

As for NHL, I'm still torn which team I should be rooting for. I started out the season with wanting to root for NSH/STL. But they are going rather well atm, and I'm more of an underdog-cheerer, so I'm thinking Ottawa instead. (I was Carolina Hurricanes since them entering the league, but. No Swedes, no real fighting spirit/aspiration made me have enough in silly season)

OTOH, I'm always cheering for the Swedes. Swedes > NHL.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    So, I know this is NHL, but my hometeam qualified for the qualification series for the highest league in Sweden (where we fell out in spring 2010), by crushing the #1 and thus stealing their place.
    (Keep in mind that Swedish system works like Points > Goal difference > amount of goals scored > games between the two teams > amount of overall victories at full time when deciding standings.)

With our rival team having the same points as ours, but +2 in goal difference, and they advancing to 0-3 after 7 minutes and us having 0-0 at that point, things were looking quite grim, as we had to win by six or more goals.
    They got 1-4 in second period against a team that had no reach at all for qualification, and basically laid down to die.
    We on the other hand faced the #1 team in the pre-qualification league and managed to crush them with 7-0 and thus advancing. I've never had so many conflicting feelings in one night!

Now we just have to come #1 or #2 in the actual qualification series. (Last two teams from the highest league goes down for the qualification series, against the highest three from the second highest league. The #6 team is decided on who wins between the #3-7 seeds from the second league, in a league where everyone faces eachother twice, with higher seeded teams have 1 point extra to start out with, in a 3-point system. And that's the place we snagged tonight! \o/)

As for NHL, I'm still torn which team I should be rooting for. I started out the season with wanting to root for NSH/STL. But they are going rather well atm, and I'm more of an underdog-cheerer, so I'm thinking Ottawa instead. (I was Carolina Hurricanes since them entering the league, but. No Swedes, no real fighting spirit/aspiration made me have enough in silly season)

OTOH, I'm always cheering for the Swedes. Swedes > NHL.

if your a fan of Swedes, Detroit should be the team for you.
    Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Kronwall, Franzen, Holmstrom and quite a few others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    if your a fan of Swedes, Detroit should be the team for you.
    Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Kronwall, Franzen, Holmstrom and quite a few others.
    Nyqvist and Ericsson as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blackhawks have Viktor Stalberg, Niklas Hjalmarsson, and Johnny Oduya