15+ Year Old Account
    What a shitshow.

Changing my sig to trollfaces I think..

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Boston sure did a number on the Marlies, didn't they.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Big win by the B's tonight. These past two games were huge steps in the right direction after an abysmal second half of the season. Just hoping they can finish off the remaining games like this and carry it on into the playoffs.

Also, loved the "thank you Kessel" chants after Seguin made it 8-0 with a minute and a half left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on Ducks in San Jose tonight. Whatever keeps the Sharks below us

10+ Year Old Account
    Marcus Foligno is the future of the Sabres. 5 goals in his first 6 NHL games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shutout by the Wild. God dammit.

15+ Year Old Account
    What a shit show. I love my Leafs.. but god damn.. they make it hard.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevorkian View Post
    Cheers, they actually helped someone out for once

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevorkian View Post
    And the Sharks slip to 10th tied with LA but below them in tie breakers. They have that damn game in hand on the Avs until April 3rd though (they lose the 2nd game in hand March 29th). The NHL should do a better job of scheduling down the stretch. All teams should have played an equal amount of games by mid March with the same remaining down the stretch. Having some teams at 71 and some at 74 right now is terrible. Every team should have a much better understanding of where they truly are right now rather than only being on even footing the last three days of the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh there you are Chedda! Hey guys you know what time it is? It's beating Jackets' ass for the 6th time in this season! Perhaps it's time for the first shutout for the Haw... oh wait what was I thinking..
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    And the Sharks slip to 10th tied with LA but below them in tie breakers. They have that damn game in hand on the Avs until April 3rd though (they lose the 2nd game in hand March 29th). The NHL should do a better job of scheduling down the stretch. All teams should have played an equal amount of games by mid March with the same remaining down the stretch. Having some teams at 71 and some at 74 right now is terrible. Every team should have a much better understanding of where they truly are right now rather than only being on even footing the last three days of the season.
    remember when after the first 3 weeks of play Detroit had a grand total of 6 games played? with like 2 back to backs? yeah...then in December/January we got raped with games?

Refering to a Dos Equis commercial :

Boston doesn't always win the Division
    But when they do, it helps to play against the Toronto Maple Leafs

Sorry Leafs Fans !

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    remember when after the first 3 weeks of play Detroit had a grand total of 6 games played? with like 2 back to backs? yeah...then in December/January we got raped with games?
    Only going to be even worse next year. With the CBA negotiations I wouldn't bet against there being a shortened or condensed season like the NBA was forced into. I wouldn't even be surprised if the season was axed again as the owners try to get back all the things they fought for so hard last time but pissed it away. They fight for the cap system then go out of their way to evade it with every single star contract. They've let shitty teams like Edmonton and Florida cause massive inflation in contracts with the cap floor. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the NHL ends up with half a season or 3/4ths of a season next year which would cause ridiculous imbalance like the NBA has had a lot of the season. There are only like 18-20 games left for most teams, but in each division you have a 4-5 game spread between teams which was 6-7 earlier in the year.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    No shit. Look at the Leafs schedule from February till the end of the season and how many back to back games we have. Seriously, we have a pair of them this week, it seems they got the turd encrusted end of the stick down the stretch with so many back to back games in such a span of time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    No shit. Look at the Leafs schedule from February till the end of the season and how many back to back games we have. Seriously, we have a pair of them this week, it seems they got the turd encrusted end of the stick down the stretch with so many back to back games in such a span of time.
    Not going to lie, I figured this was just overblown fan anger, but looking at the schedule, WTF.

The Leafs have played in 9 back to backs since January (including tonight). They are 2-5-2 on the front half and 3-5-0 on the second half. So technically they are slightly better on the second half of a back to back lol. Prior to Jan, they only played 6 back to backs, going 5-1-0 in the front half and 2-3-1 in the back half. I don't think the increase in back to backs has impacted the team though. It isn't like they are winning their non-back to back games either and I don't believe they are causing them enough fatigue to be this bad.

Back to Backs since January
    March: Front: 0-2-1 Back: 0-2-0
    February: Front: 1-2-0 Back: 2-2-0
    January: Front: 1-1-1 Back: 1-1-0

Non-back to backs:
    March: 3-1-0
    February: 1-5-1
    January: 4-2-0

So they have been "better" in non back to backs as expected, but since their slide started in January they have been pretty bad regardless of the situation. If the back to back was truly hurting them, you would see them be consistently worse on the second game of a back to back and they aren't. They are as bad in the first game as the second which is a sign of a mediocre team not only a brutal schedule. The worst part of their back to backs is that every single one of them has been a traveling back to back also. They have either split games (one home one away occurred 8 times) or both been road games (Edmonton and Calgary in January). Their longest trip they made as part of those back to backs is only to Pittsburgh, Winnipeg, and Chicago either before or right after a road game so that excuse is out the window although travel is travel.

Going through some teams just for comparison:
    Back to Backs in 2012:
    Toronto: 9
    Detroit: 4
    Boston: 7
    Pittsburgh: 9
    St Louis: 7
    Vancouver: 3
    Philly: 6
    Washington: 7

So Toronto did certainly play on the high side. If you notice a pattern, the major Eastern markets all seem to play more thanks to most teams playing on Saturday and then the Sunday game usually featuring exclusively the Eastern major markets. That causes a lot of those b2b's for Pittsburgh and Boston. Detroit's are lower because they played a game literally every other day in February. I think they had two days off exactly once that entire month.

I guess the point I am getting at that got lost in all this jumble of nonsense is that Toronto isn't bad because of their back to backs, they are bad because they are a bad team. Pittsburgh has played the exact same number of back to backs in similar fashion to Toronto's and they are dominating the last couple months but not immune to the second day effect. Pittsburgh is 7-2-0 on the in, 3-5-1 on the out. They show an actual effect of the back to back. Toronto doesn't because Toronto is sucks, regardless of the situation.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-03-20 at 09:35 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are the Leafs really that bad or are they suffering from not having a good goaltender? They were talking about Toronto on Hockeycentral@noon today and the general consensus was if they had a good goalie like most other successful teams, they would be a much better team them self.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to pick a goaltender to start.... Two youngish inexperienced goaltenders constantly being swapped and thrown under the bus does nothing for their confidence.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I've been digging through the interwebs trying to find the slogan for this years playoffs. I've come across, "Because once you pick it up, you never want to put it down." and simply, "Because it's the Cup." Here is a picture of the first one http://yfrog.com/z/gyufwsaj. The other one is in a new Datsyuk commercial that gives me chills http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...id=nhl-rxl-twt.
    Last edited by bluesfan18; 2012-03-20 at 11:02 PM.

Loved the Datsyuk and Thomas ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 goal lead after 8 minutes? Don't mind if I do!