15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I would have never called the Kings going to the conference finals. All well, good game from what I saw. Looking forward to seeing the Devils win tonight

Deleted
    Congratulations to the Kings, blasting the President's Trophy winner off the ice and then casually sweeping the #2 seed is a hell of a feat. Quick again looked ridiculously awesome tonight. As said, if my Preds get eliminated (which it sadly looks like, currently) I'll join the Royal Bandwagon.

But seriously. Most probable Western Conference Final is Kings vs. Coyotes. Who saw THAT coming?

10+ Year Old Account
    I gave the Kings up for dead awhile back, at the deadline trade rumors were swirling around Dustin Brown, and now he's got 6 goals and 11 points and the team is going to the conf finals

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    But seriously. Most probable Western Conference Final is Kings vs. Coyotes. Who saw THAT coming?
    Not I, and Bettman's probably pissed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Not I, and Bettman's probably pissed.

Why on Earth would he be? LA is the second biggest media market in the US and the NHL owns Phoenix. That is like the perfect set of teams outside of maybe Phoenix and Detroit since Detroit has a bigger national following than LA. Only bad part is the lack of an eastern time zone or central time zone Western team. Starting every game at 9-10:30 is going to hurt casual ratings.

The Kings looked damn good against St Louis. The Blues played by far their best game today and still only scored a goal. Good luck Phoenix, you're going to need it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Why on Earth would he be? LA is the second biggest media market in the US and the NHL owns Phoenix. That is like the perfect set of teams outside of maybe Phoenix and Detroit since Detroit has a bigger national following than LA. Only bad part is the lack of an eastern time zone or central time zone Western team. Starting every game at 9-10:30 is going to hurt casual ratings.

The Kings looked damn good against St Louis. The Blues played by far their best game today and still only scored a goal. Good luck Phoenix, you're going to need it.
    It might be a big local market, but outside of LA who really cares about them. If the final ends up being LA and NJ no one will watch it.

Hat off to Los Angeles. I held them high pre-season, but didn't think they'd reach that far. Kudos!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    Round 2 predictions:

Kings vs. Blues in 5
    Predators vs. Coyotes in 6

Capitals vs. Rangers in 6
    Devils vs. Flyers in 7
    Yeah. That prediction worked really well.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Predictions for Round #2?

St Louis vs Los Angeles in 7
    Phoenix vs Nashville in 6

New York vs Washington in 5
    Philadelphia vs New Jersey in 6
    Ha! No chance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Ha! No chance.
    no offense but looks like most your series are fucked at least games wise.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    no offense but looks like most your series are fucked at least games wise.
    No offense taken - Rather more than fewer!
    I do enjoy good hockey, and I've been stuck working past 8 days with no hockey, since my work would generally start in about an hour (ie, 2.20 am for me)
    So time to actually get into these series.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just a reminder that Hockey chat is up!

http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#mmoc-hockey

just finished a discussion about SSD's and old games

Today is probably the first day I can truly say I'm embarassed to be a Philadelphia sports fan... just... no heart. It's sad that Bryz single handedly made this a game (hell even a series) with many mind boggling saves (which far outweight his head scratching softies).

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Best.Post.Ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    The NHL could announce today the tentative sale of the Yotes to Greg Jamison

The Phoenix Business Journal does say this though:
    The NHL announcement signals the league is comfortable with investment money and any financing involved with Jamsion's bid. It also sets the stage for a city of Glendale vote on payments to the Jamison group to facilitate the sale and help the group absorb some short-term financial losses. The Coyotes lose $20 million to $25 million per season. The city will pay new Coyotes owners to run Jobing.com Arena.
    So expect there to be some push back from the Goldwater Institute eventually killing this deal lol. That is real similar to exactly what killed the Hulsizer deal. The GI got pissed because they don't think a broke city should be covering short term losses for a private business since that doesn't jazz with the Arizona Constitution.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-05-07 at 12:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Betman to announce Jameson deal at PHX game tonight. I see the strategy here. They are trying to close the deal before Goldwater can scrutinize it. I see about a 70% chance of it working. Another interesting tid-bit. Jameson and Bettman have kept the price tag for deal hidden from the public intentionally. If it blows up in his face this could mean the end of count chocula.

http://www.facebook.com/lesnordiques

Giroux given a 1 game suspension for the hit on Zubris...well now i dont get to see one of my favorite players tomorrow night.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Betman to announce Jameson deal at PHX game tonight. I see the strategy here. They are trying to close the deal before Goldwater can scrutinize it. I see about a 70% chance of it working. Another interesting tid-bit. Jameson and Bettman have kept the price tag for deal hidden from the public intentionally. If it blows up in his face this could mean the end of count chocula.

http://www.facebook.com/lesnordiques
    The Glendale City Council still has to vote on their part of the sale though and last I heard it isn't on the docket for the meeting on Tuesday and would require a special meeting. This is the exact place Hulsizer was in before the Goldwater Institute killed that deal a year ago.

---------- Post added 2012-05-07 at 03:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darthvendor View Post
    Giroux given a 1 game suspension for the hit on Zubris...well now i dont get to see one of my favorite players tomorrow night.
    I really expected only a fine. Congratulations NHL on making another baffling decision.

She Weber vs Claude Giroux

Claude Giroux has no history of supplemental discipline. Claude delivered a hit to the head of another player in the course of play. No injury resulted from the play. Giroux recieved a one game suspension, that one game being an elimination game.

Shea Weber has a history of supplemental discipline. Shea Weber delivered a hit to the head by smashing a players head into the glass on a non-hockey play after the whistle. No injury resulted from the play. Shea Weber received a fine.

WHAT THE HELL IS THE NHL DOING?

Looking forward to more Philly conspiracy stuff, this time with actual support! Remember like three days ago when Ovechkin, a player with a long history of suspensions, landed a leaping headshot and wasn't suspended? WTF

---------- Post added 2012-05-07 at 03:19 PM ----------

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=60&id=176718

Oh well, been fun Philly.

---------- Post added 2012-05-07 at 03:27 PM ----------

Rumor has it Coach Q could be out in Chicago and would move to Montreal with their new GM. That would be pretty stupid.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-05-07 at 07:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Giroux hit did deserve a suspension, pretty clear headshot and reckless play. Very surprised over this suspension though.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-05-07 at 08:34 PM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.