15+ Year Old Account
    Chris Chelios and Mike Ilitch are meeting with Ryan Suter, Holland and others with Parise. Come on Detroit.
    Ryan Smyth back in Edmonton 2 years $2.25 per.
    Clemmensen back in Florida
    Monster is a free agent after failing to reach terms with Winnipeg. Must be a park lover.
    Leighton back in Philly.
    Stall signs 10 years $60 million in Carolina, the same contract terms he turned down in Pittsburgh.

---------- Post added 2012-07-01 at 12:36 PM ----------

The Wings signed Monster as their backup goalie. Sweet.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-07-01 at 04:08 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gustavsson signed with Detroit, 2 years 1.5 million per season. Good signing I think, if he works with their goalie coach he will turn it around. There is still quality in the Wings organization, I don't think he is going to have many problems there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Gustavsson signed with Detroit, 2 years 1.5 million per season. Good signing I think, if he works with their goalie coach he will turn it around. There is still quality in the Wings organization, I don't think he is going to have many problems there.
    It is a phenomenal asset signing. The Wings wanted him two years ago and now get him with some experience at a cheap cost. If he continues improving he will be a great trade asset at the trade deadline in the last year of his deal.

---------- Post added 2012-07-01 at 01:40 PM ----------

Colby Armstrong signed 1 year $1 million for the Habs. That guy couldn't get more money and a longer term from somebody even with his injury history?

---------- Post added 2012-07-01 at 01:45 PM ----------

Whitney signed with the Stars $9 million over 2 years.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Armstrong would get more money, he is huge depth but that's about it. Montreal gets some toughness on the 4th line if he is healthy, it's a risk that can turn into a reward.

Whitney going to Dallas doesn't surprise me but 4.5 million per season is a big risk. Doan might be out too and rumours are a team like Detroit would love to have him, the Coyotes are fucked if they lose another one of their key players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whitney got 2 years? O_o Guess the Wizard is ageless.

---------- Post added 2012-07-01 at 06:05 PM ----------

Boyes to the Isles for 1M according to Cap geek. Maybe no pressure means he can get back to his 40 goal form.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Tomorrow is free agency can't wait to see what happens to two of the best goalies in the NHL.. Luongo and Brodeur.

SChultz is going to be a nice look in Oil town and I can see Ryan Suter getting signed by Ottawa, he'd be a nice combination with karlsson.

Edmonton gets Suter and Luongo and they go to conference finals.
    Glad to see Gustavsson go to Detroit. Part of me worries Toronto is going to regret it big time, but I'm glad he has an opportunity to play with a team like Detroit. Unfortunate he won't get to play behind Lidstrom though.

I'd be incredibly happy to get Penner, didn't realize he was an FA until just now.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2012-07-01 at 06:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Colorado jumped the gun saying they signed Carkner considering he just signed with the Isles. Way to go Avs Twitter guy.

---------- Post added 2012-07-01 at 02:25 PM ----------

DGB pointed out on Twitter, this is the 5th team Ray Whitney has played for that didn't exist when he was drafted. San Jose (drafted in the first year of their existence), Carolina, Phoenix, Columbus, and Dallas. That is nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kuba to the Panthers for 4M a year. Kind of expensive, but not a bad signing.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol David Moss signing with Phoenix, they have a thing with picking up ex-Flames. Derek Morris, Langkow, Adrian Aucion, their assistant coach Jim Playfair and now Moss.

Kinda sad we didn't try to nab Torrey Mitchell, solid player who can put in really good 3rd line minutes. Super cheap and he's still pretty young too. I'm sure anyone could have gotten him if he landed in Minnesota. Also good to see the Oilers got Ryan Smyth back for a not retarded price this time.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2012-07-01 at 07:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ottawa sends Folingo to CBJ

Penner re-signing with LA 1yr 3m

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone else get that feeling that Anaheim is going to fall into a severe playoff drought if they can't extend 2 of their 3 big stars? I was just thinking about it and noticed that Getzlav and Perry become free agents in exactly 1 year. With Bobby Ryan reportedly on the market as well as Selanne possibly entering the final year of his career all they really have left is their young defensemen Cam Fowler. Jonas Hiller really took a giant leap backwards, if he can return to form and they resign some big guys, that will be their only saving grace. Getzlav has progressively gotten worse it seems, so extending Corey Perry should be their #1 move at the moment. If he walks next year, they're gonna need some scoring badly. And if they can only seem to get 1 of the big 3, with Hiller struggling they're gonna need to hit a home run at the draft big time. I know Calgary is in a bad position right now, but I honestly think the Ducks could be in a worse one come July 1, 2013.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rumours are the Burke might go after Bobby Ryan, I think Anaheim is a fucked franchise right now and they have really taken a slide the last 2 seasons. When one of your draft picks doesn't want to play for you, 2 guys are about to become free agents next summer and one of your players is not happy with the team as a whole, it's time to start unloading your assets and stockpiling picks in hopes of tanking next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Penner signing with LA probably means no big splash from the Kings, unless they wait for Brodeur and Luongo to shake out and then try and trade Bernier to whomever missed out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Penner signing with LA probably means no big splash from the Kings, unless they wait for Brodeur and Luongo to shake out and then try and trade Bernier to whomever missed out

cap went up to 70 million, 3 million isn't that much and i think LA has plenty of cap space and a nice portfolio now too make a pitch for most likely Suter

sources saying Suter is leaning to red wings
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2012-07-01 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to sources, if Wings can't ink Parise, Holland will go after Semin. Honestly, Semin on the wing with Dats/Mule would be deadly, though he'd have to learn to be a 2 way player.

A lot of reports stating Suter to Detroit is becoming a reality.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-07-01 at 09:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    According to sources, if Wings can't ink Parise, Holland will go after Semin. Honestly, Semin on the wing with Dats/Mule would be deadly, though he'd have to learn to be a 2 way player.
    Semin and Dats have played great together in international play so getting him as a consolation prize wouldn't be too awful.

According to some scattered reports, Suter has agreed with the Wings although his agent denies that there is a deal in place.

Parise will make his decision tomorrow from a narrowed group of teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    cap went up to 70 million, 3 million isn't that much and i think LA has plenty of cap space and a nice portfolio now too make a pitch for most likely Suter

sources saying Suter is leaning to red wings
    Suter would be a better fit for Detroit, I don't see the Kings making a move on a defenseman when the big need is scoring up front, I was hoping they'd get one of the older guys on a short term deal before the cap gets tight in a year or two. I wanted Whitney, but theres still guys like Jagr or Doan who could come in on short deals since so many guys contracts will be running up in the coming seasons, getting somebody to a long term deal would mean losing somebody from the present core group guaranteed

15+ Year Old Account
    Mikeal Samuelssson is back in Detroit on a two year deal. He never should have left in the first place. Probably taking Homer's spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Samuelsson back is good to hear. Could either replace Hudler or Holmstrom.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good for Detroit if they snag Suter, not a bad downgrade from Lidstrom.