10+ Year Old Account
    of course they would take just long enough for Kopitar to get hurt before they get this shit done

10+ Year Old Account
    So... the season is on?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    So... the season is on?
    They have to wrap up documentation and ratification today. There isn't a start date in place as of this moment but it will probably be Jan 18th-19th or whatever the deadline was to get in 48 games. But ya, pretty much the season is back on.

Its 5am EST and like four of us instantly jumped on this news. Did everyone have a lockout over sensor on or something?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been refreshing TSN.ca since around 10 mst when I saw they were still in discussions. Saw the tweets from Dreiger and had a feeling. Boy, I'm fucking happy boys. Already getting ready to buy my tickets.

Game on Boys! Here are some details that we are hearing from the NHL offices in NYC at this hour:

- 50/50 revenue split
    - 7 year contract term limits (8 years for a player resigning with same team)
    - contentious 2nd year salary cap is set for 64.3 million dollars
    - 10 year CBA term limit (both sides have an opt out after 8 years)
    - 35% salary variance from year to year on contracts (remember NHL started wanting 5 to 10% at start) however total variance over salary cannot exceed 50% (eg 10 mil to 5 mil from start to end with a max drop of 35% year over year)
    - NHL will decide if players will be able to play in the Sochi Olympics in 2014 outside of CBA

It is believed that teams will get a 1 week training camp so depending on how long ratification takes (lets assume 4-5 days to draw the paperwork up and deal with all that legal mumbojumbo) camps open Jan 11th or 12th and season kicks off Jan 19th. Im hearing though that it may only take 2 to 3 days to get everything settled and ratified so it's possible the season could start on the 15th! We will have to wait and see.

So excited! Now I can get to bed...but I doubt ill be able to sleep!
    Last edited by Sills; 2013-01-06 at 11:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Its 5am EST and like four of us instantly jumped on this news. Did everyone have a lockout over sensor on or something?
    I'm a night owl and I usually have mmo-c on alt-tab.

Been watching things all night. Its also apparently rumored that the Schedule will be put out as early as Monday.

I'm so freaking ready.

15+ Year Old Account
    More CBA highlights:
    -The NHL draft lottery will indeed come to fruition. All 14 non-playoff teams will have a weighted shot at the #1 pick. This is going to give us a tremendous amount of conspiracy stuff to whine about just like the NBAs completely rigged lottery. Can not wait.
    -Supplementary discipline will continue going through Shanny first, appeals to Bettman, and any suspension of 6+ games heard by a third party.
    -NHL will almost certainly be in the 2014 Olympics. Decision will be made outside of the CBA.
    -Cap floor of $44 million next year, cap of $64.3.
    -Contract variance of 35%. Also, no year of a contract can be lower than 50% of the highest year. No more of the bullshit where a guy makes $10 million in the first couple years and $1 million in the last couple to avoid the cap.
    -Owners still want a 50-52 game season which could happen depending on how quick the ratification is done (there is apparently some pension work to do still). Season could start before Jan 19th if they get the ball rolling.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20925764

Even the BBC are covering it under their business section, that's when you know it's big news.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Oh I'm so sorry...
    I have heard that Ballard was a complete and utter dickhole. I met a guy a couple of months back at Chapters, he used to cover the Leafs during the Ballard years and the Sabres after that, but he said Harold was one of the worst human beings you could ever meet, even when he was honest with you he was a prick.

Deleted
    Finally! So excited, A good day for every hockeyfan

15+ Year Old Account
    So what is the over/under on Luongo getting traded (almost certainly to Toronto where rumor has it a deal is probably already in place). Assuming we get a deal hammered out shortly and camps start 11th-12th or so, I'd probably say Jan 15th as the o/u split. It has to be done before the season and preferably during camp right?

Oh shit I can change the thread title now.
    Last edited by conscript; 2013-01-06 at 02:26 PM.

Oh, nice. Just in time for nobody to care. I might start watching again after this season to prove a point that treating fans like shit isn't acceptable, but even then I don't know if I'll ever get back into the NHL like I once was. Dealing with another lockout so quickly just completely soured me on the league.

10+ Year Old Account
    ha ha, I love the new name for the thread.

This is why conscript wins.

In addition to Luongo, I'm curious about a few RFAs who never got signed before the CBA expired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    This is why conscript wins.

In addition to Luongo, I'm curious about a few RFAs who never got signed before the CBA expired.
    I have no idea what they changed about RFA rules if anything, but I would still lose my shit if the Wings would RFA offer sheet Subban of Del Zotto. It won't happen, but my god if it did I would be SOOOOO psyched. Want to get me fully back on board Illitch? Do that. That really isn't an option though since the Wings did sign Carlo Colaiacovo prior to the lockout (btw the Wings apparently signed Carlo Colaiacovo it has been so fucking long I forgot they did that) and adding Subban/Del Zotto would mean bumping down Kindl/Smith for the whole season and I'd very much like to see them play more.

Outside of still being absolutely furious about missing the Winter Classic in person (if it isn't in Ann Arbor next season I'll kill Bettman), I think I am already over the lockout. God I'm a hypocrite. I've already spent like an hour on Capgeek now that the CBA is about done. Speaking of which, totally forgot the Wings signed fucking Monster as their backup goalie and Johnny Tootoo for no good reason at all except to fuck with the Preds until I saw them on Capgeek.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    ha ha, I love the new name for the thread.

Yay! I'm back!!

Might be a good season for the Leafs since they can only play half a season normally. Maybe make the playoffs this year

Well, I still don't own a TV, so my watching of Leafs games will be relegated to crappy streams or actually going outside and socializing in a bar, both of which are frightening >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post

Yay! I'm back!!

Might be a good season for the Leafs since they can only play half a season normally. Maybe make the playoffs this year
    Lol don't kid yourself. The Leafs are going to come out playing like it is the second half of the year and never get above 10th in the standings. Unless they add Lou, then they might be a playoff team.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 11:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Well, I still don't own a TV, so my watching of Leafs games will be relegated to crappy streams or actually going outside and socializing in a bar, both of which are frightening >.>
    Drinking around Leaf fans sounds like a scary prospect.