Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    No one. That is exactly who the fucking Wings are going to get. I am done with Ken Holland. He hasn't made a significant acquisition or draft pick in freaking years. The Wings have a desperate need and cap space and he doesn't move. Instead Subban signs that joke of a contract with the Habs because I assume they refused to trade him to anyone and no one would offer sheet the guy because GMs in the NHL abide by a secret brocode. I'm not going to even begin to think about Yandle getting dealt to Detroit. 1) Phoenix has two days left to get a deal done with Jamison before that whole situation falls apart. Their whole situation as a franchise is completely up in the air right now. 2) I don't think Holland will make a trade because he is awful.

Yeah, no one passed that on to Philly when they went after Weber :P

Daily Preds update, We suck. We can't even get pucks by back up goalies in their NHL debuts. Weber had more SOG than the entire first line combined. If your team hasn't figured Rinne out yet here is the secret, go to his left, high over the shoulder, pretty sure 3 of the 4 goals tonight were in that exact spot.

When Brandon Yip has more or as many goals as most of your first two lines, you got some serious fucking issues.

Eh.. if you can get high blocker or glove on most goalies in today's NHL with a quick snap shot from 15-20 feet out, it's probably going in.

If you think that's bad, you should watch Leafs goalies over the last 6-7 years. Every single one of them, weak glove high, shaky five hole. Really, though, you could probably score just aiming at the net against the Leafs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off-topic, but god dammit Renn, your signature is causing malware blocks because some asshole reported valid.canardpc.com as malware. Back to using firefox.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 07:44 PM ----------

No one. That is exactly who the fucking Wings are going to get. I am done with Ken Holland. He hasn't made a significant acquisition or draft pick in freaking years. The Wings have a desperate need and cap space and he doesn't move. Instead Subban signs that joke of a contract with the Habs because I assume they refused to trade him to anyone and no one would offer sheet the guy because GMs in the NHL abide by a secret brocode. I'm not going to even begin to think about Yandle getting dealt to Detroit. 1) Phoenix has two days left to get a deal done with Jamison before that whole situation falls apart. Their whole situation as a franchise is completely up in the air right now. 2) I don't think Holland will make a trade because he is awful.
    I'm getting tired of him just hoarding our prospects and stuffing them in the minors. Tomas Tatar would be playing in the NHL, if he was on any other team. We have so many developed prospects, too many if you ask me and we don't do anything with them. We have the prospects to swing a trade for Yandle... Easily.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Eh.. if you can get high blocker or glove on most goalies in today's NHL with a quick snap shot from 15-20 feet out, it's probably going in.

If you think that's bad, you should watch Leafs goalies over the last 6-7 years. Every single one of them, weak glove high, shaky five hole. Really, though, you could probably score just aiming at the net against the Leafs.
    Problem with Rinne though is that he's playing small. Guy is 6'5", but he is pitching his body in such a way that he is more like 5 feet tall. He has also developed a really bad habit of going down way to early and its leaving him caught in some bad situations. Both are things that he has only really started doing since last season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Toots kicked that guys ass. Staged fights baby!

15+ Year Old Account
    Red Wings game aint even on regular tv wtf>

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck, Matt Frattin just absolutely dominated Ryan Miller with a goal, a whole 1.6 seconds remaining in OT. Good solid outing by the Leafs, Reimer made some phenomenal saves and Kessel had far too many scoring chances. My status on Facebook earlier was "Ryan Miller get's Saved By The Post" because it seems the post is what protects him from getting routed against the Leafs at times. I don't care what people say, maybe he is going to take some time to truly get into his prime, but Reimer has shown time and time again that he has the ability to be an NHL level goalie. Hopefully this shortened season is the ideal test for him to solidify a position as a starter.

Matt "The Frat Party" Frattin's amazing OT winner: http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...197054&lang=en

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 10:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Off-topic, but god dammit Renn, your signature is causing malware blocks because some asshole reported valid.********.com as malware. Back to using firefox.[COLOR="red"]
    Yeah, I am getting it too Irony. Gonna have to send the folks at Google Chrome an email about it, dunno why it was reported as malware.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-01-30 at 03:39 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Beautiful goal, but wow what a defensive break down.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the Buffalawl defense decided to stop playing in the last 3 seconds of the game and Miller couldn't stop the snap shot, there was so much wrist in that shot it went in an awkward curve under his arm and up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    maybe he is going to take some time to truly get into his prime, but Reimer has shown time and time again that he has the ability to be an NHL level goalie. Hopefully this shortened season is the ideal test for him to solidify a position as a starter.
    I felt the same way, but what concerns me at the moment is the concussion. Yes, he looked very good today making some brilliant saves that easily prevented us from losing 7-3, like some of our previous goaltenders would have allowed. However, he could be a hit to the head away from being the next "can't stop a beach ball" goalie on the team.

Either way, I like the way hes played for us these last 2.5 years and I hope he can remain consistent and uninjured this year. It would also be nice to see Luongo's trade value drop significantly, after Gillis refused to make a deal due to some ego war with Burke.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Looks like the Buffalawl defense decided to stop playing in the last 3 seconds of the game and Miller couldn't stop the snap shot, there was so much wrist in that shot it went in an awkward curve under his arm and up.
    I saw this on Sportscentre and all I could think was how bad #3 Leopald played him. Almost looks he tried to play the puck instead of the body. By the time Frattin was around him #21 Stafford was too far out to help out. Nice goal though and 1.3 seconds left on the clock is nuts.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I felt the same way, but what concerns me at the moment is the concussion. Yes, he looked very good today making some brilliant saves that easily prevented us from losing 7-3, like some of our previous goaltenders would have allowed. However, he could be a hit to the head away from being the next "can't stop a beach ball" goalie on the team.

Either way, I like the way hes played for us these last 2.5 years and I hope he can remain consistent and uninjured this year. It would also be nice to see Luongo's trade value drop significantly, after Gillis refused to make a deal due to some ego war with Burke.
    Crosby is probably a good solid hit to the head away from having his career ended because he tried to pull the same stunt as Reimer last year and attempted to rush himself back into the mix. Hopefully teams and players have learned from these injuries that they can't rush their players back into the game. Wilson really pressured Reimer into playing too and it didn't help the team at all. I think had they let Gustavsson start while Reimer was out and had the confidence in him to play the way that made him so popular in the first place, the Leafs wouldn't have sucked the big one as much as they did. And potentially we lost out on keeping a goalie who wasn't the problem in the first place, yes his game needed some slight refinement when he came over from Sweden, but Gustavsson was hands down better until Allaire started screwing with his game. That said, positionally Reimer has been solid this season and the games that he lost were games where the team in front of him was breaking down and he couldn't make the saves needed to hold on, he has only allowed a couple of weak goals.

And Burke didn't trade for Luongo for the same reason Nonis won't, Gillis is trying to find a quick fix while his team is injured so they don't miss the playoffs this year, but when Kesler and company come back, the players he wants will get demoted on the depth chart. I am glad the deal isn't getting done, nothing better then sticking it to the Canucks organization and their fans by saying no to a deal that is a blatant ripoff for the Leafs. Gillis over values what Luongo is worth, and he won't be able to trade him because of it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That whole Luongo situation is pretty messed up. Gillis' asking price is stupid and no one is going to take that with the contract that is attached. They said Schneider is their starting goalie but Roberto is starting for a 2nd straight game - I guess they're trying to do a goalie tandem thing like in St. Louis until someone is willing to pay the price? I still think he's an elite goaltender and still debatable top 5. Every Canuck loss Luongo is just scrutinized and blamed. They seem to forget who they got to the Finals with. The players who don't have the last name of Sedin should be the ones being criticized and talent questioned. I have no problem putting Luongo in a top 5 goalie list outside the top 3 (pretty obvious who those are) and any team who needs a goaltender should trying to get him. I think the price will drop if he isn't dealt by the end of this season because there's no way he wants to stick around in Vancouver being 1b or #2.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think he is certainly top 5 still, but no better then 4th or 5th currently in the league, Brodeur and Lundqvist certainly are both better goalies with some more experience under their belts, but not a whole lot, after them would be Miller, then Ward and Luongo in that order. Regardless, it's a tough debate but Luongo get's blamed so much for their playoff failings even though as much as he has shit the bed in a few games, the whole team in front of him shit has literally shit the bed numerous times over in the last few years. It's amusing how the Sedin's who are so consistent during the regular season, can't score goals to save their lives.

15+ Year Old Account
    Minnesota pulls harding 7 minutes into the game...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The ticks must be kicking in already!

Edit: Leafs vs Captials tomorrow, Washington is sucking it up hard so far so hopefully the Leafs can take control and pull out a strong win. Florida is pretty bad too, only 1 win in 6 games, kinda ironic how they went from being the team to watch in the East and making the playoffs, to being exactly where they should have been last season, at the bottom of the conference. Home stand for a few games as well, Caps, Bruins, Canes and then on the road for Caps, Jets and Habs to round out the next 6 games. If the Leafs have any interest in making the post season, they have to win 2 of the next 3 and 4 out of the next 6 games to start solidifying a playoff position.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-01-31 at 01:54 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Minnesota pulls harding 7 minutes into the game...
    Ya that was freaking weird. Unless he asked to be pulled you don't yank a guy when the defense collapses and gives the Hawks two ridiculous chances within a minute. Keep on being mediocre Minneblowta. We all know Edmonton is the class of the NW nowadays. BTW, can you imagine if Edmonton had a legit goalie and more than 2 D-men? They could actually be pretty good. Only 3 more years of finishing 15th in the West and the Oil is back baby.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya that was freaking weird. Unless he asked to be pulled you don't yank a guy when the defense collapses and gives the Hawks two ridiculous chances within a minute. Keep on being mediocre Minneblowta. We all know Edmonton is the class of the NW nowadays. BTW, can you imagine if Edmonton had a legit goalie and more than 2 D-men? They could actually be pretty good. Only 3 more years of finishing 15th in the West and the Oil is back baby.
    the second goal was pretty soft honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really think Raymond deserved a penalty for that high stick there.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 3rd place minnesota wild or the 3rd place minnesota wild?