15+ Year Old Account
    Brendan Smith is out 2-4 weeks for the Wings. So that is going to be fun...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Hey man, its time to let the grudge go. Colorado hasn't been a relevant rival for years now. That is like considering the UK our enemy because of the American Revolution.
    this isnt about a rivalry from 10 years ago. Colorado is just scum.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 02:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Brendan Smith is out 2-4 weeks for the Wings. So that is going to be fun...
    welcome to 2 days ago. last thing we need is another injured defenseman.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    this isnt about a rivalry from 10 years ago. Colorado is just scum.

welcome to 2 days ago. last thing we need is another injured defenseman.
    Hey man, its your funeral when you wake up tonight with the Denver International Airport's Satan horse standing over your bed and then it immediately falls on you and you die.

The good news is more Lashoff though. Maybe they can call up Ouellet or however that would work. He is tearing it up in the Q.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant wait for tonight!

10+ Year Old Account
    apparently you're no longer allowed to screen the goalie, so the no-goal in the LA-Columbus game would suggest

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    apparently you're no longer allowed to screen the goalie, so the no-goal in the LA-Columbus game would suggest
    you know how many calls like that Detroit has had in the past "insert # of years homer was playing with us here"?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Apparently, either that or the refs are fucking stupid and seem to think they are seeing goaltender interference. See the Franson goal from Saturday night when Rask was out of the crease.

JVR is giving Washington hell tonight, has both goals for Toronto.

Holy titmouse there is an assclown in a couple other threads in the Sports section that is making me really appreciate you guys, even though a few of you get on my nerves on a weekly basis :P

10+ Year Old Account
    We lost 4-1 to Calgary. I think that's all that needs to be said.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would you look at that.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're not watching this Hawks / Sharks game....You're missing a shoot out of a first period.

First: 3-2 Sharks 8:33 Remaining.

Edit: LMAO 3-3 8:23 Remaining.
    Last edited by Knails; 2013-02-06 at 04:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    If you're not watching this Hawks / Sharks game....You're missing a shoot out of a first period.

First: 3-2 Sharks 8:33 Remaining.

Edit: LMAO 3-3 8:23 Remaining.
    wts defense?

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 11:38 PM ----------

sigh detroit loses to Calgary and Columbus. brb gouging out the eyes...

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 11:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Would you look at that.
    dont salt hte wound. believe me, wings fans are already feeling it...

Oh look, the NHL with another TERRIBLE call on Desjardins in the Sharks/Blackhawks game just like the 5 minute major on Backes in the Blues/Red Wings game last week. Getting sick and tired of this garbage officiating. If I wanted constant terrible calls I'd watch basketball.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    Oh look, the NHL with another TERRIBLE call on Desjardins in the Sharks/Blackhawks game just like the 5 minute major on Backes in the Blues/Red Wings game last week. Getting sick and tired of this garbage officiating. If I wanted constant terrible calls I'd watch basketball.
    Admittedly it was the wrong call, but it's not like they have the benefit of replay. Don't you think it's pretty tough to discern whether or not Desjardins hit the head or the shoulder in live action like that? Wouldn't be opposed to going to the war room for penalty situations like this. Shouldn't slow the game down too much and they can have HUGE implications on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Admittedly it was the wrong call, but it's not like they have the benefit of replay. Don't you think it's pretty tough to discern whether or not Desjardins hit the head or the shoulder in live action like that? Wouldn't be opposed to going to the war room for penalty situations like this. Shouldn't slow the game down too much and they can have HUGE implications on the game.
    I knew it was 100% clean when I saw it live. I could see them giving the refs the option to review a hit like that since none of them had any idea where he got hit. Regardless, that call was bullshit and it effected the outcome of the game. It should have been a 4 minute power play for the Sharks, instead it was a 4min 4v4 then a 1 min PP for the Blackhawks.

10+ Year Old Account
    there was a similar situation in the Kings game with a 5 minute major and a double minor at the same time resulting in a 4min 4on4 because of the bizarre instigate a fight while wearing a visor rule

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    wts defense?

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 11:38 PM ----------

sigh detroit loses to Calgary and Columbus. brb gouging out the eyes...

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 11:45 PM ----------

dont salt hte wound. believe me, wings fans are already feeling it...
    Didn't come here to do that, was more surprised we actually won a game. Flames didn't play exceptionally well but they finally did what needed to be done and its pretty odd to see the puck going in the net. Try having your team miss the playoffs 3 years in a row and only make 1 meaningful post season run since I've been alive. I'll show you a wound .

on a side note I hope that Muley fucker didn't do too much damage to Kipper or we're in some serious trouble.

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't come here to do that, was more surprised we actually won a game. Flames didn't play exceptionally well but they finally did what needed to be done and its pretty odd to see the puck going in the net. Try having your team miss the playoffs 3 years in a row and only make 1 meaningful post season run since I've been alive. I'll show you a wound .

on a side note I hope that Muley fucker didn't do too much damage to Kipper or we're in some serious trouble.
    don't worry, that "muley fucker" has a pretty lame ass kick this year...it shouldnt have hurt too hard.

Well we apparently decided to score tonight. Only played a good decent period and a half but it was damn good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    We lost 4-1 to Calgary. I think that's all that needs to be said.
    Yep. Didn't end up watching the game (got distracted catching up on FaceOff then fell asleep). Glad I didn't. I am disappoint.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 08:29 AM ----------

1) What the hell are you talking about. It is the Flames, you were never going to be more than 9th place in the West anyways.
    2) Kipper has been arguably the worst non-Holtby goalie in the NHL this season. His save percentage is .870!
    3) Being bad is GOOOOOOOD for the Flames! Maybe you guys can start rebuilding properly with a high pick instead of always landing in the middle.
    4) Hi we are from Michigan. The Detroit Lions haven't won anything of significance since the 50s. In fact I think they have made the playoffs once in my lifetime. We have watched them go 0-16. We have watched them burn multiple #1-5 picks for a decade on players who washed out of the league within a few years. You wanna talk about wounds, we know wounds. Also, oh noes three years in a row without playoffs? The Lions are up to 20 something now with one appearance. (Edited because I forgot the Lions actually made the playoffs last year).
    Last edited by conscript; 2013-02-06 at 01:38 PM.