Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also Montreal and Dallas swap players, Eric Cole for Michael Ryder. I feel like the Canadiens got the better of the deal imo. Ryder is a pretty underrated and clutch goal scorer especially in the playoffs.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Also Montreal and Dallas swap players, Eric Cole for Michael Ryder. I feel like the Canadiens got the better of the deal imo. Ryder is a pretty underrated and clutch goal scorer especially in the playoffs.
    I wonder how Habs fans are going to feel about an ex-Bruin being back on their team. Ryder was with Montreal for 3 seasons after he was drafted then went to Boston and won a Cup before going to Dallas last season.

15+ Year Old Account
    So the Habs get Ryder and a 3rd round pick for Cole? The fuckity fuck?!
    1) Ryder is flat out better.
    2) The Habs get a decent pick
    3) Ryder is two years younger
    4) Ryder is a UFA, Cole's contract pays him $4.5 million for two more years after this season

How do the Habs no only win this trade but absolutely freaking trounce the Stars in it?

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 09:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    so East fans, what do you think about the Wings potentially moving to the East next year (in a division with toronto, boston, montreal, ottawa, florida, tampa, and buffalo).
    You obviously know where my loyalties are, but WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 7:00 or 7:30 start times almost every single night. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

If I step away from that line of thinking, Florida and Tampa fans have to be psyched. For Florida it means that maybe, just maybe those seats behind the bench that are embarrassingly empty constantly will actually be sold in season ticket packages with that division. I mean sweet googly moogly who the fuck wouldn't buy season tickets if you are a Panther or Lightning fan with how ridiculously amazing their home slate just got?

By the way, can't wait to see the jump in season ticket price for those franchises, especially Florida. It is going to be legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    So the Habs get Ryder and a 3rd round pick for Cole? The fuckity fuck?!
    1) Ryder is flat out better.
    2) The Habs get a decent pick
    3) Ryder is two years younger
    4) Ryder is a UFA, Cole's contract pays him $4.5 million for two more years after this season
    I did a double take when I saw the pick included, I like the trade plenty, every move pacific division rivals pursue to make their team worse is OK in my book and the Stars are definitely worse now

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I wonder how Habs fans are going to feel about an ex-Bruin being back on their team. Ryder was with Montreal for 3 seasons after he was drafted then went to Boston and won a Cup before going to Dallas last season.
    Habs fans will be in love with him until he has a cold streak. Then he is the shittiest fucking player in the world why did they trade for him. Then he'll score a couple goals LORD PRAISE KING RYDER. Same thing they did with Price, was funny to see them booing the hell out of him and being mad @ MTL management for letting Halak go, halfway through the season THIS IS THE BEST GOALTENDER IN THE WORLD. Also didn't see the pick, the initial announcements were just Ryder for Cole.

In other news, Charlie Coyle (Wild rookie) just hit Stajan in the head 4 seconds after he had the puck. Dare to take a spin of the wheel for what Shanny's actions will be?

5 min PP, 4 min PP and we muster 2 shots between the 2. So fucking bad, made Minnesota penalty killers look like wizards.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-02-27 at 03:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    In other news, Charlie Coyle (Wild rookie) just hit Stajan in the head 4 seconds after he had the puck. Dare to take a spin of the wheel for what Shanny's actions will be?
    The official Wheel of Justice says 2 games, but Coyle isn't technically in the system yet so I'm guessing hockey play.

Okay after seeing that video, that has to be a suspension. What a stupid play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Odd that it was an elbowing penalty though. Late, yes. Head shot, yes. Elbow, no. That was a shoulder to the face.

Saw that Habs trade before I left this morning and my all I could think was that the Stars just got trade raped hard.

In unrelated news (and I know most of you probably don't care tooooooooo much), I'm back - got rear ended pretty bad by a drunk driver on Friday night/Saturday morning and spent a day in the hospital and the last few days at my parents' house recovering. Got to actually watch a hockey game on a tv instead of a shitty stream on my computer on Monday - Leafs didn't look great against Philly, but got the W which is really all that matters. They've done a pretty solid job this year, and I'm surprised... I think I'm still one of those fans who is dreading the wheels falling off.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    How in the world does Columbus in the Atlantic division and Boston in the Central division make sense? Boston can still play Detroit/Montreal at least 3 times a year by being in the same conference so it shouldn't be a big deal. There's no way Columbus and Detroit should be in different divisions and there's no way Boston should be in a different division then the New York teams.

How does Florida and Tampa being in not the same division as Carolina make sense? It doesn't. This realignment is necessary, and what's currently being presented is the best they've come up with thus far... but it's still pretty bad. You'd have one division with substantially less travel than the two western divisions, and less (though not so much less) than the other eastern division.

Personally, I like this realignment, but only because I'm selfish and want to be able to watch even more original 6 matchups than I get to =x

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Odd that it was an elbowing penalty though. Late, yes. Head shot, yes. Elbow, no. That was a shoulder to the face.
    That's the only thing Wild and Flames fans could agree on for that game, it def wasn't elbowing lol. I'm just happy he's not hurt because dude has been pretty good for us so far this year. Not near his pay but he's contributing and giving us good minutes at least.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-02-27 at 08:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the wild card thingie either

realignment may be necessary but I think this proposal is poop

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kesler has a broken foot, out at least a month. Sucks for that guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    if he's limping its going to completely throw off his photobomb timing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    How in the world does Columbus in the Atlantic division and Boston in the Central division make sense? Boston can still play Detroit/Montreal at least 3 times a year by being in the same conference so it shouldn't be a big deal. There's no way Columbus and Detroit should be in different divisions and there's no way Boston should be in a different division then the New York teams.
    Well it isn't like Boston is in the same division as the Rangers now. In fact, you know when the last time they were in the same division? 1973... The Bruins are rivals with the Habs and Leafs far more than they are the New York teams. Columbus has to be in that division for their rivalry with Pittsburgh (well their hopeful rivalry). Detroit has to be in the same division as the Habs and Leafs. It is stupid for Detroit and Columbus to be apart, but they don't share the same rivalries at all with the Eastern teams. Well Columbus doesn't have ANY rivalries except for the potential one with the Pens.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    How does Florida and Tampa being in not the same division as Carolina make sense? It doesn't. This realignment is necessary, and what's currently being presented is the best they've come up with thus far... but it's still pretty bad. You'd have one division with substantially less travel than the two western divisions, and less (though not so much less) than the other eastern division.

Personally, I like this realignment, but only because I'm selfish and want to be able to watch even more original 6 matchups than I get to =x
    The problem is that there are only 3 teams really in the south east area. Realignment at this point might seem silly, especially with the Phoenix situation still up in the air and the Islanders being in a rough financial state right now, the potential for those teams to both be on the move in the next few seasons, a realignment might be pointless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well it isn't like Boston is in the same division as the Rangers now. In fact, you know when the last time they were in the same division? 1973... The Bruins are rivals with the Habs and Leafs far more than they are the New York teams. Columbus has to be in that division for their rivalry with Pittsburgh (well their hopeful rivalry). Detroit has to be in the same division as the Habs and Leafs. It is stupid for Detroit and Columbus to be apart, but they don't share the same rivalries at all with the Eastern teams. Well Columbus doesn't have ANY rivalries except for the potential one with the Pens.
    <----TORONTO. Montreal. Boston.

cannot wait.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't we be more concerned with geography than rivalries? I mean to switch sports for a second it would be cool if the Lakers and Celtics were in the same division, one of the best rivalries ever in basketball, but it will never happen.

Like I said you can still play each other 3 or 4 times in the regular season and meet in the early rounds of the playoffs, you just get a more sensical division alignment with Boston and Columbus flip flopping. I mean how many teams are closer to Detroit than Boston in that other theoretical division right now? I believe EVERY team in the "Atlantic" division is closer to Detroit than Boston is. Boston is one of the few teams literally right there on the Atlantic Ocean, how could they not be in the Atlantic division, but Pitt/Philly are?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Shouldn't we be more concerned with geography than rivalries? I mean to switch sports for a second it would be cool if the Lakers and Celtics were in the same division, one of the best rivalries ever in basketball, but it will never happen.

Like I said you can still play each other 3 or 4 times in the regular season and meet in the early rounds of the playoffs, you just get a more sensical division alignment with Boston and Columbus flip flopping. I mean how many teams are closer to Detroit than Boston in that other theoretical division right now? I believe EVERY team in the "Atlantic" division is closer to Detroit than Boston is. Boston is one of the few teams literally right there on the Atlantic Ocean, how could they not be in the Atlantic division, but Pitt/Philly are?
    consider the names a work in progress. they can very easily be changed to say norris/patrick/richard/howe

10+ Year Old Account
    Kesler has a broken foot, out at least a month. Sucks for that guy.
    Just read about that. God dammit, he just got back.