15+ Year Old Account
    kind of curious to see where brunner ends up. seasons gonna start in 3 weeks and so far as i know he hasnt signed with anyone. guess that asking for a big contract is biting him in the ass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    kind of curious to see where brunner ends up. seasons gonna start in 3 weeks and so far as i know he hasnt signed with anyone. guess that asking for a big contract is biting him in the ass.
    Probably the SEL at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    too bad for him getting all greedy, he could have stayed with a great organization but he chose to get cocky.

15+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of former Red Wings, sounds like Dan Cleary has signed a three year deal with Philly. Philly fans, I'm sorry. Buckets is pretty good, but he has literally nothing left in his knees. That long of a deal is absurd. Oh and they are paying him $2.75 million per. As a Red Win fan, Buckets you were awesome, but I am no sad to see you go if it means Nyquist, Tatar, etc. get to be on the NHL roster all season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just another example of how god awful Paul Holmgren is...
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    And he even WON a cup in game 6 if you ask me.
    If you ask anyone that watched that game. The poor guy got absolutely robbed by crooked officiating at every end of the spectrum.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kadri signs, 2 years 5.8m

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    (fkcing hate bob mcowen or w/e his name is) and Damien Cox was on their panel roundtable thing.
    I feel the same about those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    If you ask anyone that watched that game. The poor guy got absolutely robbed by crooked officiating at every end of the spectrum.
    Gelinas more than anyone. The Eliminator, series winning goals in each of the 3 previous ones...had a cup winner too. Oh well, good memories...was there for the 4-0 comeback and the pain of losing in triple OT and then again for game 6 against Detroit. I don't think the dome has been that loud ever before or since then.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-09-11 at 05:01 AM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Time to get Franson signed, we need his stability on the blue line this year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Time to get Franson signed, we need his stability on the blue line this year.
    Hopefully Franson is willing to take $1.9 million per or Toronto needs to make a deal and trade somebody quick.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Liles could get buried, though I'd try and trade him with a prospect for a draft pick just to get under the cap some more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn Rangers dragging their feet on signing Stepan, so he hasn't been at the club meetings -.- Give him money, damnit!

10+ Year Old Account
    If your name is Derek and you play in New York you gotta get paid.

I don't know the ins and outs of the salary cap, so perhaps one of you more knowledgeable folk could help me out here.

Could the Leafs theoretically sign Franson to 1.5M for this year (ie his cap hit is 1.5), and have another deal worked out to be signed a month later that is a 4-5 year extension in the 3.5-4M range he's probably after? Would that change his cap for this season, or since it's an extension, would it not matter? Also, is that even allowed? (Is there a rule against signing a contract then an extension shortly thereafter)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can sign a contract at any point in the season that is deemed an extension and it will not count effect the cap for that season. Theoretically the Leafs can sign him for 1 year at the maximum cap space they have left, and then in December give him a longer term extension mid season. Hell, Crosby and Malkin signed extensions before the last year of their contracts, they both extended their contracts in 2012 and they both had one more year remaining on their deals, the newly signed contracts go into effect this season.

So all Franson would need is to trust the Leafs to come through on a promise if they agreed to that? Seems like the best choice for him. Worst comes to worst, he's still making almost 2M a year to play hockey for the next year or two. Cry me a river.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but he is in our top 4 and was a steady work horse last season, I think he is only going to get better in years to come. He is still young but has experience now, he is around a 3-4.25 million a year blue liner, I doubt he would get more then that around the league.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    *SHL

Also, I've heard no rumours about this. Some about the Swiss League and some about Nashville. As long as he gets to sign with another NHL team, I think he made the right call. I wouldn't call it greed, I'd call it having been insulted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    *SHL

Also, I've heard no rumours about this. Some about the Swiss League and some about Nashville. As long as he gets to sign with another NHL team, I think he made the right call. I wouldn't call it greed, I'd call it having been insulted.
    he played half a season, was hot at the beginning and faltered off after about game 12 or 13. that was with him playing on a line with zetterberg who he had played in the sel with for the half a season there wasnt NHL. he made too greedy a move wanting the terms he asked detroit for.