10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    That article cracks me up. They didn't even use our best pair to compare with, Ekholm and Subban are our second pairing and they haven't been very good lol. To say that pair has been dynamite makes me wonder if he's watched a hockey game all year long.
    Yost uses numbers. Most of the time Corsi. Corsi numbers say that Subban and Eckholm are your best pairing. Doesn't mean they are, just that the numbers say they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Yost uses numbers. Most of the time Corsi. Corsi numbers say that Subban and Eckholm are your best pairing. Doesn't mean they are, just that the numbers say they are.
    Tells me Corsi is worth about as much as bubble gum on the bottom of a shoe. How about watching a game and deciding if a pairing is worth a damn? If he had he would have known Eks and Subban have been pretty horrible together, especially compared to the Ellis/Josi pairing.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2017-03-24 at 08:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Travis Yost is TSN's analytics guy. Him and Frank Seravelli. But Frank actually knows how to interpret numbers and how games actually played out. Yost will often put out an article on TSN saying how Malkin drives the Pens right after Malkin had a hat trick and an assist. He often takes hot players and does number comparisons. Which isn't wrong, numbers are a good indicator of play. You just can't take numbers by themselves when it comes to hockey. Hockey is probably the lone sport where numbers don't rule.

15+ Year Old Account
    You just can't take numbers by themselves when it comes to hockey. Hockey is probably the lone sport where numbers don't rule.
    In hockey, numbers only tell the past, not the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I get the idea of CORSI and it's nice that there are advanced metrics, but holy crap is it annoying to talk to people who don't watch anything and try to use it as the base metric for defining the worth of a player over the clear and obvious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay and now Crosby mutilated Methot's finger....no penalty or other punishment. What the fuck NHL? That guy shouldn't be allowed to enter the rink for quite some time.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Okay and now Crosby mutilated Methot's finger....no penalty or other punishment. What the fuck NHL? That guy shouldn't be allowed to enter the rink for quite some time.
    The league would do the Pens a favour if they suspended Crosby right now to be honest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    The league would do the Pens a favour if they suspended Crosby right now to be honest.
    Yea beacause that is going to happen.

If Kane can assault a taxi driver. And all other shit (that I wont take up here) with no punishment. Is there really a chance that anything will ever happen?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    No one cares about Ottawa, even though I believe that the slash not getting called is bullshit and that no punishment was handed out whatsoever just shows blatant favouritism towards certain teams, I have no love for Melnyk and his Merry Band of Mediocre Men that they call a hockey team. Biggest fairweather market in Canada, and still get dominated for ticket sales when the Leafs and Habs are visiting.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair Leafs and Habs dominate ticket sales everywhere lol. I went to the game vs MTL and the crowd was close to 50/50 split.

Also you guys crying for a Crosby suspension are off base, those slashes happen every game multiple times. Hell, Gaudreau took 19 of them or some thing silly earlier in the season and there wasn't one penalty call. It's part of the game. Also don't go feeling too bad for Methot....

https://twitter.com/mike_p_johnson/s...54086984077312
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2017-03-25 at 02:05 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-Qdg3l7bUM

Well it was a bad hit by Jarnkrok, but I think that was a wee bit of an overreaction. I could understand if its someone like Neal, but Jarnkrok is about as clean as it gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing unexpected from the Sharks.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    To be fair Leafs and Habs dominate ticket sales everywhere lol. I went to the game vs MTL and the crowd was close to 50/50 split.

Also you guys crying for a Crosby suspension are off base, those slashes happen every game multiple times. Hell, Gaudreau took 19 of them or some thing silly earlier in the season and there wasn't one penalty call. It's part of the game. Also don't go feeling too bad for Methot....

https://twitter.com/mike_p_johnson/s...54086984077312
    Yeah, but when he goes and spears a guy in the junk and the refs totally ignore that call, that just screams favouritism. Sit his ass down and suspend him a few games.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    eh theyre not gonna suspend anyone for a cup check let alone for a few games.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wendel Clark's rookie record is now gone, Matthews opened the scoring with his 35th of the year. It's hard to quantify what the kid has done for the Leafs this year. Even during slumps, he still shows up and plays hard. Every goal he has scored, he earned through effort and skill. If he doesn't get the Calder Trophy, there is something wrong with the NHL. No one can just walk into the league as a rookie centre and score 35 goals. He could still hit 40 as well. But he and Laine are neck and neck, if it comes down to the end of the season and they are tied for goals and points, who ultimately comes out with the trophy? As good as Laine has been, does potentially making the playoffs give Matthews the edge or does the position matter more? Should be a fun race for the Calder Trophy, and the last 9 games are going to be exciting to watch for a lot of teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Wendel Clark's rookie record is now gone, Matthews opened the scoring with his 35th of the year. It's hard to quantify what the kid has done for the Leafs this year. Even during slumps, he still shows up and plays hard. Every goal he has scored, he earned through effort and skill. If he doesn't get the Calder Trophy, there is something wrong with the NHL. No one can just walk into the league as a rookie centre and score 35 goals. He could still hit 40 as well. But he and Laine are neck and neck, if it comes down to the end of the season and they are tied for goals and points, who ultimately comes out with the trophy? As good as Laine has been, does potentially making the playoffs give Matthews the edge or does the position matter more? Should be a fun race for the Calder Trophy, and the last 9 games are going to be exciting to watch for a lot of teams.
    With Matthews taking our rookie goal record and Nylander taking rookie point streak record; Marner has to get the assist one. Would be great to see them all pass the rookie point record by end of season too. As far as Calder I'm leaning towards Matthews unless Laine gets 10+ points ahead and Matthews goes on a cold streak.

Laine has less games and is more exciting as an individual with the puck, but Matthews playing with Hyman/Brown most of the season (rather than a superstar like Schieffle as well as Ehlers) and being more defensively responsible with a harder role will hopefully help him earn it.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2017-03-29 at 01:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as Matthews should win it. It comes down to media members voting. Both Bob McKenzie and Dredger have said that some media people don't bother to do research. They vote local or they look at point totals and vote that way. Which is why things aren't always as they should be.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So matthews wins then haha

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    As much as Matthews should win it. It comes down to media members voting. Both Bob McKenzie and Dredger have said that some media people don't bother to do research. They vote local or they look at point totals and vote that way. Which is why things aren't always as they should be.
    Toronto media would inherently vote for Matthews, bias is always going to exist. Depends how many writers in other cities have enough spite towards the Leafs to not vote for him.

Insane that a wild card team clinches the playoffs before any team in the Atlantic. Sucks for the Rangers they'll lose out on home ice advantage because of the division format.