Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Kings are off to a good start, it usually takes me awhile to settle in to hockey season since its overlapping other sports right now, only gotten to see a couple games.
    I'm ready to go although gotta admit having Josi and Ellis both out has made things pretty stressful to watch. Then add in we lost Bonino half way through the Chicago game and things are getting fairly thin. Refs are in mid season form though, calling ticky tack stuff while letting big stuff go. Still trying to figure out how you can chicken wing a guys stick and throw it 15 feet across the ice and not get a whistle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ack, Jeff Carter got his leg cut by a skate and is gonna be out a few weeks. Glad this sort of thing doesn't happen more often.

Good lord, who plays hockey at 11:30 in the morning. Hockey should not be played before football starts.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lose to Minnesota at home while they have multiple injuries to key guys. Proceed to go to Nashville and play the Preds well and beat them. This team is too stressful

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Lose to Minnesota at home while they have multiple injuries to key guys. Proceed to go to Nashville and play the Preds well and beat them. This team is too stressful
    We gave that game away. We got the lead and played not to lose which never freaking works. Irwin and Weber are horrible, Emelin wasn't bad tonight, and Jarnkrok is a place where offense goes to die this season. We missed so many opportunities, we should have scored 5-6 goals.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been waiting for the month to end to do a early season report. This season has been strange, saying that feels like an understatement.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I have been waiting for the month to end to do a early season report. This season has been strange, saying that feels like an understatement.
    Hockey is punishing my liver good god the Flames look like piss

Preds are such a mess, if it wasn't for Pekka this would have been an ugly month. We pay Joey 8 million and haven't seen a goal from him. Our 3rd pairing is a mess, and the 4th D slot is best filled by a very young guy in Girard.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Hockey is punishing my liver good god the Flames look like piss
    Not as bad as the Oilers.

What are your thoughts on betting, guys? Do you like it as I do? I have recently found a great new betting service on https://vulkanbet.com/en/sports/sport/1170 I think you might find it interesting to you too. What do you think about it? Share your favourite ones here too, please!
    Last edited by Yikoler; 2017-11-16 at 12:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome back NHL 2017-2018!

What a damn start to a season.

In the West the Vegas team was actually good and the Arizona team ceased to be an NHL team. Winning just 1 out of 12 games. Edmonton has had major issues, they cannot score without McJesus scoring. Outside of St. Louis and LA, everyone else is hovering in the same spot. Winnipeg is doing better than I thought. Nashville is where I thought they would be (although they have the injury bug). The success of Vancouver and Vegas can't be maintained. So I expect a fall off from both with Anaheim and Calgary taking their spots. Minny is not doing well at all.

The East is bizzaro world. The Metro is being lead by New Jersey?, followed by Columbus and the Islanders. The Atlantic division is somewhat where I believed they would be. I am very wary of Tampa because much of their success is highly dependent on Stamkos and Kucherov. In sports we've seen people who've got blood clots get them again. Your chances of a third greatly increase if you've had a second one (Chris Bosh and Pascal Dupuis). With Stamkos' injury history, it's not if but when he gets hurt and can his team maintain success without him. I guess if you build up a high enough lead you can coast into the playoffs. The Rangers and Canadiens got off to a god awful start. Without the last few games from both they would be at the bottom of the legitimate standings (because Arizona doesn't count). The Leafs can score, the Leafs also cannot keep the puck out of their own net. Better keep scoring.

The Biggest Disappointment Award: Edmonton Oilers, a bad start in the West is a death sentence. You cannot spend the entire year trying to play catch up in a conference where the last wildcard spot is typically 97/98 points. What is more concerning is that they cannot get any offence going without McJesus.

The Cleveland Browns Award: Arizona Coyotes, just an awful team from a team trying not to be awful. It really shows how much Mike Smith propped up that team. I feel bad calling it the Browns Award. Considering how bad the front office of the Browns is.

Most Improved: New Jersey Devils, they've been good from what games I've watched. They should make the playoffs this year if they can keep it up. Otherwise it is like last year where they were #1 in the division only to fall off the rest of the year.

I will say something, I am following each of the Vegas games just to see how things play out for them.

You gotta figure at some point Vegas has to come down to earth. You got guys who haven't been able to put up points anywhere averaging close to a PPG in some cases.

It's looking like Bonino may be getting close to being back which will help us a ton. Obviously Ellis returning would be huge as well. Only thing saving us is Rinne atm and Forsberg basically starting strong.

Guys have sort of been in a funk all year, I think the playoffs took a ton out of us mentally as much as it did physically.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always say that some teams have to come down to Earth. But there is always that one team that doesn't want too. It'll be interesting to see which team that is this year.

Well we are hot garbage right now so I'm not even sure we make the playoffs unless we get healthy and Poile makes some kind of a move. We are pretty much bad everywhere but the goalie, which oddly enough was probably the biggest concern going in.

Well that was one heck of a trade...

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Well that was one heck of a trade...
    I love three way trades, except when a team like Ottawa gets a player like Duchene.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I love three way trades, except when a team like Ottawa gets a player like Duchene.
    I don't see it lasting. How much is left on his contract? Once it's up, he will leave just like Karlsson will.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I don't see it lasting. How much is left on his contract? Once it's up, he will leave just like Karlsson will.
    That would be nice, especially since they gave Turris up for him. Can see Duchene staying if they make the conference finals again though.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    How is it that we can't roflstomp a mediocre, semi-old and injured Bruins team?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    How is it that we can't roflstomp a mediocre, semi-old and injured Bruins team?
    This fall/winter season of sports is so bizarre. Like, up is down and down is to the left.