Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    The setup.exe of the build has the digital signature of "Microsoft Corporation" and it's signed in 23th September 2010. Still, the build is pretty old so there is no point in downloading it at all. These alphas and betas are usually highly unstable and unfinished, and half of the software isn't working properly.
    It's cool, Saithes got it anyway:

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    However, i do believe this is fake since what i've seen is a much cleaner interface than what this one shows.
    The original leaked build has a digital signature and it's real.
    If someone is spreading fake builds with the same name this doesn't change the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    An early build or not, it looks identical, so not worth the hassle. Also, it says Win7 everywhere.
    Do you know how they update things? They take the old thing and modify it, hense they are modifying windows 7 so yeas there are gona be some windows 7 logos around, More proof , windows 7 was built on the vista kernal.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Yet the kernel core is the same as a Windows 7 version core. So essentially, yes, it is simply someone who renamed windows 7 and tried to pass it off as a W8 leak.
    I'm getting tired of people who don't understand the internal testing process.
    The setup.exe of the file carries the build of the operating system, and the leak has a build version of 6.1.7850.0 which corresponds to Milestone 1 of the new version of Windows (whatever it's called). The versions past beta will have officially build 8000+, but since it's a pre-alpha it's 7xxx. The latest build is somewhere around 7982. The 6.1.7850.0 setup.exe is digitally signed by Microsoft so it's real.
    That doesn't stop someone from modifying it and putting a virus in the installation files. So be careful with it.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-04-14 at 01:30 AM.