Solo kill Slabhide Regular Stonecore. [Warrior]

Hello there,

I just managed to finally down Slabhide all alone as a protection warrior in stonecore. I however did not get a Fraps of it and i will in the upcoming week. [ my computer cant handle frapsing and wow ..-.- ]

Anyway, the story..
    I was reading a bunch of forums to find who/what can solo Slabhide. Prot pala's, Hunters, Dk's and locks were the most common once ive found. most questions about if warriors could do it got shut down and told "you can't". I'm here to tell you:"You can".

The spec: 5/3/33.

The Glyphs: P: Shielslam/ Revenge / Devastate
    Maj: Cleave/ Victory rush / Cleave
    Min: Beserker rage / Enduring victory / Commanding shout.

The gear: Full prot gear besides DPS shoulders and Neck piece.

The items:Strength food, Strength Flask, Bandages , Mythical healing potions, Deflection Plates and Grounded Plasma Field, [ The last 2 are tinkers from engineering ]

The strategy: Go through the first packs of trash never killing a single Unbound Earth Rager, I pulled all the packs to the entrace 1 by 1 killing the Earthshaper first and not letting him "evolve" use cooldowns till you kill him , use victory rush and start working on the melee, leave Millhouse for last. use cooldowns as much as possible. [ not potions, its a waste ] once you've managed to clear this trash and avoided every single earth rager. [ if you pulled one. walk out and reset, you need them all ] walk past Corobus, he can be killed easily as a prot warrior but its a waste of time sicne you can walk right past him. Kill the big red guy, I switched to fury for this cause in prot it takes a while. make sure to use Revenge/Cleave to kill shards and always be jumping to avoid the Quake. the Rock Flayers have the nasty ability "Flay" however, it can be easily avoided by sidestepping. kill the ones on the right side of the hallway, continue on and kill the second Red Giant, The right towards Slabhide are 3 Rock Flayers, kill these. from here on you wont need to kill any other mobs. Walk to Slabhide to make him land and don't initiate a fight.

Now, Walk back to the entrance of Stonecore, once again avoiding all the mobs. Once you get there. start moving to slabhide PULLING all the earth ragers but not killing. Initiate Slabhide , use single target moves. IE: Rend , HS , SS only. use Demo shout whenever needed. DONT THUNDERCLAP. use all short cooldowns as much as possible , but dont make them override to much. [ for example: Dont use Shieldblock and Deflectionplates at the same time.] For the first groundphase i used Enraged regen and shield wall to keep me up. Once air phase hits.. Ragers start pouring in. Kite them, they are slow but they will sometimes hit you. you can Strafe "S" key through the arena and avoid most hits.

During air phase use Heroic leap to get across the room away from the ragers and Bandage up, you will be doing this on EVERY air phase, [ excluding one because of cooldowns ]
    When air phase ends, DONT BE NEAR HIM, he does a sandblast right after landing, stand near a wall and it wont hit you.

Continue kiting, now here is why we need the Ragers. Use revenge, this will give you a killing blow.. this will give you Victory Rush. use revenge whenever you near 60% , use the VS when you reach 45-50%. Make sure you dont AoE to ruin it, killing more then one for a single victory rush is a death sentence. Once slabhide starts nearing under 20% You only use Devastate and Tclap/Demo shout ( you'll be out of Ragers by then ) Devastate can proc a Victory rush if the target is below 20%, meaning spamming it will keep you alive.

I am probably forgetting some part of this explanation, so dont mind asking me questions. im a little high on adrenaline since ive been working on a strategy for 2 weeks.
    I will get a video of it up once i can use my friends computer for his recording purposes. My apologies for that.

If you want to farm Slabby for his mount.. this is probably not worth your time. it took me a good 30-40 mins for one run, slabhide taking a whole 9 minutes of that.

P.S
    Undeads can pull a Flayer and get it to low hp or kill it early in slabhide's Arena to use Cannibalize during air phase, i only managed this once. however i did not use this on the attempt where i killed him.

P.S.S

he didnt drop his mount T__T

-Fazon of Eredar

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A warrior solo'ing this! Impressive, seeing how I've only done it as a hunter or a paladin

Gj

Very creative, I like it. Wouldn't have though of that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice guide! It does indeed not look very practical for farming, but impressive kill nonetheless.

Deleted
    I was wondering at the start why you said avoid those ragers because they're easily one shotted. Creative use of them I must say =)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    did it with a DK just now, but thats not very impressive lol

Thanks guys, i will be working on the video shortly for youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judic View Post
    did it with a DK just now, but thats not very impressive lol
    Dk healing and warrior healing are two different stories so yes it's pretty impressive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Dk healing and warrior healing are two different stories so yes it's pretty impressive
    I think he means that his DK solo wasn't very impressive.

OP: grats on the kill, very creative

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    I think he means that his DK solo wasn't very impressive.

OP: grats on the kill, very creative
    I just misread it, I take it back!

I wanna give the Vortex Pinnacle drake a try.. but i can not see any possible way of making victory rush usefull there. Still working on Solo Tempest Keep: The Eye , warrior edition. not going so well xD

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Impressive for a warrior.

Sadly it's so easy to solo even the heroic version as a paladin or DK because you can heal yourself so much more.