Poll: Will an MMOFPS appeal to non-FPS players?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Will Titan appeal to people who don't play FPS games?

I personally don't play FPS games that much. I played some goldeneye back in the day, some metroid prime hunters, and some battlefield but that's it. And by the sounds of it Titan is an MMOFPS, so that is kind of concerning. For the next mmorpg I'm looking at Guild Wars 2 alongside playing Diablo III, since like many other people that have played since WoW vanilla, I'm getting bored with WoW.

Thoughts?

Edit: This assuming it IS an MMOFPS. Could change.
    Last edited by Snes; 2011-04-13 at 11:36 PM.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Deleted
    I think everyone will try it out, maybe get to max level (if it exists) but when competitive FPS gamers for years meet with competitive MMO gamers for years the MMO gamers would probably quit and go back to MMOs.

IMO

im hoping its mainly FPS based because thats all i played before i started playing WoW and games like CoD/BF bore me within a couple weeks so i need something addicting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PCGotGames View Post
    I think everyone will try it out, maybe get to max level (if it exists) but when competitive FPS gamers for years meet with competitive MMO gamers for years the MMO gamers would probably quit and go back to MMOs.

IMO

Lol @ competitive MMO Gamers

I like Fps games but they need to be kept separate from mmo's .. something like Medal of Honor shoudn't be mixed with wow type gameplay. keep the 2 appart. when i want to play an fps i'll load one up .. when i want to play an mmo i'll load that.

not everything is good mixed together.

i like cheesecakes.
    I like the feeling after taking a huge dump.
    just because i like both:

I DON'T WANT BOTH MIXED TOGETHER.

but what if you want both

Why not? People should not fear change... changes are (hopefully) for the better.

I imagine - You're a Tauren holding a gun running around durotar looking for Humans to shoot, with grenades/knives Etc, Lulz.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a pointless topic's because no one even knows the storyline. Wait for blizzcon you will know more.
    "True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "wise men speak because they have something to say; fools speak because they have to say something"

Deleted
    Who the fuck said TITAN is a FPS? You are just a pathetic retard thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    I like Fps games but they need to be kept separate from mmo's .. something like Medal of Honor shoudn't be mixed with wow type gameplay. keep the 2 appart. when i want to play an fps i'll load one up .. when i want to play an mmo i'll load that.

i like cheesecakes.

Borderlands has proven the two can work together seamlessly.

all I know is, if they put in a frost rifle assassin spec, I am gtfo. lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PCGotGames View Post

IMO
    Ehh what are you insinuating?

MMO Gamers > FPS Gamers

Possibly. We don't know anything about it, though, so its really hard to say.

I don't know, I have heard literally nothing about said MMO spare the name.

Also, it being an MMO FPS is a complete fabrication. There's not a source for the rumor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garam View Post
    Also, it being an MMO FPS is a complete fabrication. There's not a source for the rumor.
    This times a thousand.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

I can honestly say if the rumors about Titan's setting and it being FPS are true, I will have zero interest in it. I'm really not into FPS games for one and for two, I'm just not into Sci-Fi/futuristic settings. I dont care how "old" it is, I like the fantasy theme. So for those saying everyone will try it, no, not everyone will.

Deleted
    Considering how much of WoWs population is made up from Dads, young mothers with multiple kids, teen-age emo chicks and all the other "non-core gamers", I doubt Blizzard would release another MMO that has little to no casual appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post

i like cheesecakes.

You've obviously never eaten cheesecake whilst on the toilet...worlds do collide, and it's breathtaking.

Blizzard need keep dominance in MMO market. They know TONS of wow fans will follow their new MMO..thats why it won't be purely FPS game..

Anyway..we know nothing about Titan yet..and titan will remain secret till Blizzcon 2012 ( I hardly believe they will tell us anything about Titan this year)
    Last edited by ManiaCCC; 2011-04-13 at 11:45 PM.