Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Lightbulb Should Blizzard have developed a WoW 2 instead of Titan?

Do you think Blizzard should have made a whole new and improved WoW 2 or just started with a completely new franchise like they are with Titan?

What things would you like to see in a WoW 2?
    What if Blizz is rick-rolling us and Titan is not an MMO FPS and is actually WoW 2?

Something new.

Almost all possible enemies of Azeroth have been defeated, and making up new ones for a setting that is explored and used that much already is never good.

I prefer just waiting. The answers will come up eventually.

what blizz should have done, prolly pre-wotlk, was to completely rewrite the game, new engien, new everything. and i don't mean cuz of the graphics, they don't bother me at all. what i mean is the limitation this game enigne has for encounters/gameplay, it's been stretched as far as it possibly can be. if they'd make a "wow-2", it'd just be an upgraded game really, copying your character over, and killing off "wow1"... i'd be cool with that

and i highly doubt that blizz would rick roll us :3

10+ Year Old Account
    yes they should make a wow 2, i think so anyway aha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ionite View Post
    Something new.

Almost all possible enemies of Azeroth have been defeated, and making up new ones for a setting that is explored and used that much already is never good.

Releasing Warcraft 4 would allow Blizz to have a whole new plot and storyline for WoW 2 though. A new planet far from Azeroth being invaded by the Burning Legion that we go help defend or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ionite View Post
    Something new.

I have to agree with this. Azeroth will basically be done once they finish with what is planned. The only -possible- way to incorporate Azeroth, IMO, would be to go back in time and make something like WoW Zero. Even then, they'd kind of be stretching it. I like the idea of a fresh start. How many times have you heard of something that everyone wants, but just isn't available with the format of WoW? If Blizzard wants to stay at the top of the charts after WoW, they're gonna need to change basically EVERYTHING.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Releasing Warcraft 4 would allow Blizz to have a whole new plot and storyline for WoW 2 though. A new planet far from Azeroth being invaded by the Burning Legion that we go help defend or something?
    Why would they release two new games for no other reason than killing the most popular MMO on the market, which they own? If they released WoW 2, I imagine a lot of people would leave WoW and start playing it. With an entirely new IP they can have people playing both.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    titan is def a fps they hired people from bungie to work with them on it (bungie made halo and halo just ended)

10+ Year Old Account
    Poll!

I enjoy World of Warcraft a lot so I would like to see a new World of Warcraft. Possibly updated graphics, new lore, new kingdoms, etc... If they are making a FPS they should better make it good because if it's not as good as World of Warcraft I'll be mad.

How much info do we even know about what Titan? We know it will be an FPS but will it have anything to do with World of Warcraft or will it be something completely separate and new?

Gotta love the comments about lore being over and Azeroth being done..

Guess what.. Before Warcraft I there was no lore about it either yet somehow here we are 3 RTS games and an MMO with 3 expansions, still alive and kicking.

They can and will invent new stuff if they want to continue the game. If they wish they could split Azeroth in two and say there's Middle Azeroth inside it that's two times bigger, voila.

This game draws lore and history from past titles but also incorporates new and evolves, you are not playing something that has an end to it specified somewhere in the previous games or books, in fact they release new books about Warcraft universe all the time. Story evolved from vanilla till now and it will continue to evolve.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Why would they release two new games for no other reason than killing the most popular MMO on the market, which they own? If they released WoW 2, I imagine a lot of people would leave WoW and start playing it. With an entirely new IP they can have people playing both.
    WoW 2 would not kill the franchise if anything it's the only thing that would allow warcraft to live on profitably in the long term. Making a new game with completely updated and breathtaking graphics, tons of new classes, tons of new races, a much bigger world than currently in-game and fresh new mechanics would be amazing. I'm pretty sure they would get 99% of current WoW players plus everyone who quit before.

Tell me you would not buy WoW 2 if it was released tommorow?

Sequel MMORPGs do so well, just look at Everquest 2 and Final Fantasy 14.

Why would they make a WOW 2?

All they have to do is keep upgrading graphics and adding content to the original. Making a new MMO in the same world would be rather silly. Any graphical improvements they could bring to WOW 2, they could simply add to the original. That goes for any other content.

we don't even know what titan is, is only a project codename.
    it might be wow2, or even world of starcraft or rock and roll racing online

I don't care. I'll be playing Guild Wars 2, made by a company not driven by greed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Why would they make a WOW 2?

All they have to do is keep upgrading graphics and adding content to the original. Making a new MMO in the same world would be rather silly. Any graphical improvements they could bring to WOW 2, they could simply add to the original. That goes for any other content.
    But Blizzard does not have the ability to make radical changes to WoW because of Nerd rage, the nerd rage is literally over 9000.

They update graphics? My comp can't handle it.
    They add new classes? Deathtards.
    They add new races? Overplayed Belfs/Worgens and other races look lame.
    They change mechanics? Old school was better, the new mechanics suck.

WoW 2 allows them to bypasss all the whiners and cry babies and make a much better game.

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    But Blizzard does not have the ability to make radical changes to WoW because of Nerd rage, the nerd rage is literally over 9000.

They update graphics? My comp can't handle it.
    They add new classes? Deathtards.
    They add new races? Overplayed Belfs/Worgens and other races look lame.
    They change mechanics? Old school was better, the new mechanics suck.

WoW 2 allows them to bypasss all the whiners and cry babies and make a much better game.

They won't make WoW 2 anytime before 2016 because they have gotten way too lazy from resting on their subscription fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Wromthrax View Post
    Gotta love the comments about lore being over and Azeroth being done..

Guess what.. Before Warcraft I there was no lore about it either yet somehow here we are 3 RTS games and an MMO with 3 expansions, still alive and kicking.

They can and will invent new stuff if they want to continue the game. If they wish they could split Azeroth in two and say there's Middle Azeroth inside it that's two times bigger, voila.

This game draws lore and history from past titles but also incorporates new and evolves, you are not playing something that has an end to it specified somewhere in the previous games or books, in fact they release new books about Warcraft universe all the time. Story evolved from vanilla till now and it will continue to evolve.
    No you are mistaken. The warcraft 3 lore (on which WOW based its success at start) pretty much ended with Arthas and ICC (is a partial reason for the decline of the last months as well i think)

If they do want to continue with something in the WOW universe would make way more sense to "write" new lore and legends with a new epic WoW rts game and then move it over to the MMO market.

Just judging from personal experience here btw for me Kael Arthas Vashj Illidan etc where legends. You where approaching those for the 1st time and you where shaking.

Chogal and Alakir who now?

Also almost forgot a very important detail. The Warcraft 1 and 2 generation is on its 30's now probably with families and kids they dont got much gaming left to them. The warcraft 3 generation still does have a few years and their legends pretty much are all dead now.
    Last edited by MarizzaDraenor; 2011-04-13 at 11:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    personally i want to see what titan is first before going yeah.....WoW 2 plz. thanks.

titan isnt going to be THAT popular.... its going to take alot for them to take away from COD and Halo....

ill prolly just only try it out.... im terrible at shooters...