Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Language isn't chosen randomly. You can deduce why people say the things they do. It is telling. If someone writes a 6 word short story, you can tell a lot about the person from that. English is a study, not piss in the wind. On the internet, our identities are anonymous, but our behavior is not. There is no motivation for him to act that stupid in that context. Nothing adds up. It's fake.
    on the internet it is a piss in the wind on the internet you aren't required to write properly if you dont feel like it

---------- Post added 2011-04-15 at 01:19 AM ----------

Now you're getting it. That's because it wasn't real.

Language isn't chosen randomly. You can deduce why people say the things they do. It is telling. If someone writes a 6 word short story, you can tell a lot about the person from that. English is a study, not piss in the wind. On the internet, our identities are anonymous, but our behavior is not. There is no motivation for him to act that stupid in that context. Nothing adds up. It's fake.
    Now, tell me something about myself from the previous post?

Quote Originally Posted by AshenKnight View Post
    I don't really care about the troll. But just to point out that Blizzard has an established history of giving players polished, solid games.

They are not innovaters anymore though, and a lot of their products lately feel as though they are coasting on previous magic. Take a look at SC2 and Cata. Both are well-made, high-quality products but neither one raised the bar for their genres. SC2 felt very much like a prettier SC1, and in some ways it felt like a step back from even the lessons learned in Warcraft 3. And well, Cata is Cata. Whether you love or hate it, it has just given us more of the same. Perhaps the engine is just maxed out so new options are just difficult to make, but I think the illusion is finally starting to crack for many of us and we're seeing the endless treadmill that most MMOs have actually been to this point.

Lately it really does feel like Blizzard has become a bit of a mastodon. Plodding, thorough and undisputably good at...plodding. But it does feel a bit like their products are lacking something of the magic that made their earlier creations so awesome.

If Diablo 3 turns out to be a prettier, but basically identical game to Diablo 2 and/or Torchlight...I really wouldn't be surprised. I also really wouldn't be unhappy, or unwilling to give Blizzard my money. Its unlikely I'd keep playing it for all that long though...

Obviously my entire post is my subjective opinion. Just throwing that out there before someone starts screaming at me about it.
    I think a lot of it has to do with how their priorities have shifted, back when they made SC:BW, WC3 or WoW they just tried to make a good successfull game without sick goals like 12million WoW subscribers etc.
    Just a good, successful game that would make them some profit.
    Now they're trying to make good games for the majority (most of that never experienced the magic of earlier Starcraft/Warcraft/Diablo) and the minority that actually experienced it and loved it are suffering because of it.
    I totally understand Blizzard though and I don't really care, they'd be stupid not to cater to the majority, but they've definitely changed a lot from the old Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    on the internet it is a piss in the wind on the internet you aren't required to write properly if you dont feel like it
    It's only piss in the wind if it's grammar or spelling. You can tell that he is not intelligent by the way he presents his ideas. He reveals how he thinks about things, and those thoughts are quite stupid. The stupidity could be an act, but how would that make sense?

Now, tell me something about myself from the previous post?
    Okay, you mentioned the BBC, which indicates that you are either an adult or a very news-savvy young person. I would say that you are probably European, maybe British because your fluency is better than most Americans. If not, you are a young american with above average intelligence for maintaining some degree of order in your writing. You also switched to all lower case to match your feelings "if you don't feel like it", which probably tells me that you are either more intelligent/mindful-of-what-you-type, or in fact, an adult. I'm not going to comb over the entirety of your post. Did I narrow anything down? I'm not claiming to read fortunes, I'm claiming that you can tell if someone is too stupid to be hired for a real job.
    Last edited by Callace; 2011-04-15 at 01:36 AM.

It's only piss in the wind if it's grammar or spelling. You can tell that he is not intelligent by the way he presents his ideas. He reveals how he thinks about things, and those thoughts are quite stupid. The stupidity could be an act, but how would that make sense?

Okay, you mentioned the BBC, which indicates that you are either an adult or a very news-savvy young person. I would say that you are probably European, maybe British because your fluency is better than most Americans. If not, you are a young american with above average intelligence for maintaining some degree of order in your writing. You also switched to all lower case to match your feelings "if you don't feel like it", which probably tells me that you are either more intelligent/mindful-of-what-you-type, or in fact, an adult. I'm not going to comb over the entirety of your post. Did I narrow anything down? I'm not claiming to read fortunes, I'm claiming that you can tell if someone is too stupid to be hired for a real job.
    I didn't mention BBC in the lowercase post you were supposed to go for, but even so you missed because I'm an adult from Norway and not news-savvy at all.
    But I guess my point was that the lowercase post was one version of me, these normal posts another version, I also have a raging-gamer version and in real life I got a job-version, family-version and friends-version.
    How I act in one of them doesn't impact or tell anything about the others so if you saw lowercase-me write on a forum or raging-gamer me telling you to fuck off in SC2 it wouldn't tell you anything about my other versions and at least not say anything about the ability for my job version to get hired.

His lowercase version could just be retarded. (Or he could just be retarded as you say.)
    I'v had clanmates and stuff over the years where people have written as bad and even worse than this guy despite them talking very good english, one of them even worked with programming.
    No idea what causes it but people does have some strange/retarded versions that doesn't really make sense but it doesn't always have a deeper meaning.

Still, he's probably a retarded troll, but there's a very small chance that he's actually legit so doesn't make sense to just say he's definitely 100% a retarded troll.
    But I'm done here because there's no evidence at all so everything regarding this topic is just speculation and it feels pointless to keep discussing it.

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorGang View Post
    So its settled...titan is just farmville 2.0...WITH GUNS!!

well played, blizzard, well played.
    Super Kami Guru agrees with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

i will laugh so hard at u guys, when D3 beta starts and its exactly what this guy said. they pushed the D3 release back bc of Torchlight so most of his stuff makes sense and the things about the leveldesign have already been said by those that tested the game at blizzcon

and to compare Torchlight with D2 is just rediculous. Torchlight isnt bad, but its more of a Diablo Light. will probably be better with part 2 and online functionality

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't mention BBC in the lowercase post you were supposed to go for, but even so you missed because I'm an adult from Norway and not news-savvy at all.
    But I guess my point was that the lowercase post was one version of me, these normal posts another version, I also have a raging-gamer version and in real life I got a job-version, family-version and friends-version.
    How I act in one of them doesn't impact or tell anything about the others so if you saw lowercase-me write on a forum or raging-gamer me telling you to fuck off in SC2 it wouldn't tell you anything about my other versions and at least not say anything about the ability for my job version to get hired.

His lowercase version could just be retarded. (Or he could just be retarded as you say.)
    I'v had clanmates and stuff over the years where people have written as bad and even worse than this guy despite them talking very good english, one of them even worked with programming.
    No idea what causes it but people does have some strange/retarded versions that doesn't really make sense but it doesn't always have a deeper meaning.

Still, he's probably a retarded troll, but there's a very small chance that he's actually legit so doesn't make sense to just say he's definitely 100% a retarded troll.
    But I'm done here because there's no evidence at all so everything regarding this topic is just speculation and it feels pointless to keep discussing it.
    Ah well, at least I knew you weren't from the U.S. I never claimed to have the facts. The bottom line is, in that short space, he did express himself quite a bit, rather than hide himself. Some things are just more obvious than others, and in my opinion, this one is REALLY obvious. There are just so many individual little tells. You can tell *some* things about a person by what they write, but you can't tell anything if you don't try.

If by some miracle it turns out to be real, I'll eat my Mage hat and renounce my staff.
    Last edited by Callace; 2011-04-15 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Considering things about Tier 8 back around Wrath Release were true and came from /v/, it's not all BS.
    However, people that get fired generally talk shit about the ex-employer.
    That doesn't exactly make it reliable. If I lie to you all day every day for a year, and you know it, then one day I tell you the truth do you now trust me?

The way its written makes me feel that is fake more then anything. Disregard what I said earlier - I have read it. I have also played the game and I didn't feel, or experience, what he and others on these boards did. The game didn't feel uninspired - to the contrary it felt fresh without exactly losing the "Diablo" feel. I loved it, but I guess I liked Torchlight too.

A contract is not "laughable" as he implies. They are serious, not to be taken lightly, and air tight - I have no doubt.

It is as fake as my pretend professionalism.