Thread: Ignite

Ignite

I need some help in figuring out why my dps is much lower than the other mage in my guild. Our gear is pretty much the same minus one piece. Here is our log of our recent fight on Halfus Heroic. worldoflogs.com/reports/947y5zze0ozgolzn/analyze/dd/source/?s=7523&e=7881 I was comparing our damage together and her Ignite is about 10% more than mine. Can someone explain what I could possibly be doing wrong or other things that could help me with my dps. Thanks so much! I am open to suggestions.
    ~*~Aristianna~*~

~*~Real Girls Play WoW~*~

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say RNG is RNG. She happened to get a few more crits at the right times, or hers munched less than yours. 10% less ignite isn't that huge of a gap.

The only other thing I noticed is that her fireball damage is 1.1 million more than mine. Our active time is the same and the percent of damage is close. Am i just not casting enough fireball or what?
    ~*~Aristianna~*~

You may not be casting as quickly as the other mage, make sure that you are using a casting bar that shows your latency so you can start the next cast as soon as the last on is done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Her ignite was probably spread to more drakes.

Quote Originally Posted by shandala View Post
    You may not be casting as quickly as the other mage, make sure that you are using a casting bar that shows your latency so you can start the next cast as soon as the last on is done.
    Yea, I'm a button smasher lol I use scorchio but I'll check out quartz to see if that makes a difference
    ~*~Aristianna~*~

She casted 12 more fireballs and you casted about 100 more flamestrikes or atleast yours ticked more than hers, maybe she timed her ignites to happen around more adds while you used yours around less, so hers obviously did more damage, her dots also critted alot more than yours, around 20 on living bomb alone.

But I don't know alot on fire raiding yet and reading logs but this is just what I've seen so far. I'd be surprised if your gear is as similar as you say, in terms of SP, crit, haste and mast if she is casting more, doing more damage and getting more crits it doesn't seem likely.

Stats ain't THAT different but she has 100 more sp, little more haste around 0.88% crit and a little more mastery so she is always going to do better than you if she knows what to do, which she obviously does. I've seen people in good gear doing alot less than the other people using the same class so it's probably down to playstyles, as I said your log shows a ton more flamestrikes while hers shows more fireballs plus she has an advantage on gear.

I've got no clue on that fight, but her ignite is alot more than yours so it might just be down to timing if there are alot of adds to be killed.

Dear friend,

Both mages in that log did a poor combustion.
    My combustion in the begining of the fight does like 2 million dmg whereas both the mages in this log is 450k ish.
    Thats the key to the fight in my opinion my friend.
    Aim for a fast good combustion at the start, even by hardcasting a pyro if u need to. Then after the 1st drake is down, switch to halfus n spread from him a nice huge combustion which my tat time should be already up n ready to use again
    Remember to use your flame orb once u start building on your combustion, as well as your next volcanic pot by the time the 1st drake is down n your comb is up again.

Also remember that spamming flamestrike is not the way to go

Doing so u ll be able to easily outdps the rogue

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Dezmoulis View Post
    Dear friend,
    As you seem quite acknowledged on this fight. After the second combustion, do you switch back to the "currently nuked drake" or do you stay on Halfus? (I have myselves the boss down several times, but I am still wondering about "finetuning"). My raidlead always wants all DD to do their main damage to the "current drake". And now I was wondering... with some drakes dead Dots spread from Halfus should damage the drakes more than if I make the drake the main target. On the other hand, once the whelps are dead, there are less impact proccs (myselves I use flamestrike till the first drake is down, added to the initial big combustion and usual impact-ing, after the first drake is down no FS anymore, but normal rota+impact).

So I am wondering what I should do - switch back to the next drake after the 2nd Combustion (on Halfus) or stay on Halfus (if stay on Halfus I need good arguments
    towards my raidlead). I was actually wondering if it is worth to always switch from drake to Halfus some seconds before Combustion is ready the next time and switch back to the drake once the Combustion has been impact'ed.

What do you think?

MagicSN

to MagicSN

I d stay on Halfus cause once 1st drake is down n u have the dmg buff on halfus, the ignites from impacted 130k ish fireballs/pyros certainly do significant more dmg than the 40k ish fireball on the drake, + you work your way on halfus timewise (towards the enrage)

Also that s the reason why u usually see rogues doing well in this fight, cause they are all time on boss for the kick on the shadow nova and tus they benefit form the incrased dmg on Halfus after the 1st drake is down

If u also have theralions mirror, try to use it along with glyph of living bomb on this fight

In short, work your combustions , double pot, and stay on halfus after 1st drake is down. Thats what i do, and hope u find this helpfull.

If u disagree with something of the above i d be more than glad to discuss why.

We learn something new every day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
    As you seem quite acknowledged on this fight. After the second combustion, do you switch back to the "currently nuked drake" or do you stay on Halfus? (I have myselves the boss down several times, but I am still wondering about "finetuning"). My raidlead always wants all DD to do their main damage to the "current drake". And now I was wondering... with some drakes dead Dots spread from Halfus should damage the drakes more than if I make the drake the main target. On the other hand, once the whelps are dead, there are less impact proccs (myselves I use flamestrike till the first drake is down, added to the initial big combustion and usual impact-ing, after the first drake is down no FS anymore, but normal rota+impact).

So I am wondering what I should do - switch back to the next drake after the 2nd Combustion (on Halfus) or stay on Halfus (if stay on Halfus I need good arguments
    towards my raidlead). I was actually wondering if it is worth to always switch from drake to Halfus some seconds before Combustion is ready the next time and switch back to the drake once the Combustion has been impact'ed.

What do you think?

MagicSN
    What I'm usually doing on that fight, is to stay on Halfus AFTER the 2nd drake is killed (That includes the whelps and probably the Time Warden). In that case, I am able to pull out much more dmg due to the +200% dmg bonus, although using the same amount of mana, and that should be one of your arguements towards ur raid leader. More dmg with the same cost = Much more useful to the raid. There is a small mana deficit if you stay on Halfus right after the 1st drake is down.

Anyway, if that works it's ok, but if you have trouble explaining what u're about to do to ur raid lead (the case that they disagree and ask of you to stay on the next drake), try to use ur pyro procs on Halfus. In that case, if a pyro lands as crit and ur comb is ready, you can land a really nice boost to ur dmg, since you should be able to time it with an impact proc.

This way of fighting roughly gives me 65-70k dps on every fight, if I'm lucky on my crits.

Hope I helped.

Deleted
    cleave more ignites

15+ Year Old Account

LET FIRE RAIN FROM ABOVE!

to MagicSN

I d stay on Halfus cause once 1st drake is down n u have the dmg buff on halfus, the ignites from impacted 130k ish fireballs/pyros certainly do significant more dmg than the 40k ish fireball on the drake, + you work your way on halfus timewise (towards the enrage)
    Do you do anything "special" (like occasionally popping BW) to procc more impact's? The reason why I was not yet switching to Halfus constantly (despite "in my
    heart feeling it would be the right thing to do") after first drake is down was the lower amount of impacts after whelps are down (while they are up I use FS/BW and always get impacts) after they are down. But after what you say I assume it is still worth it, even with lower amount of impacts?

If u also have theralions mirror, try to use it along with glyph of living bomb on this fight
    Okay, wondered on that LB Glyph already. Then I will try it next time. Don't have the mirror, I have the bell,
    and have passed on the mirror up to now for people who don't have either of the two yet. But I think not
    many people need the mirror anymore now in my group.

Thanks for your suggestions.

MagicSN

To Magic

Once u are on halfus use BW if the LB explosions are not procing u an impact, else keep the BW n use it when u got a couple of good crits then impact

To Magic

Once u are on halfus use BW if the LB explosions are not procing u an impact, else keep the BW n use it when u got a couple of good crits then impact
    Thanks, you have been most helpful with your hints to optimize my Halfus-performance!

My method but others vary:
    Prepot
    Don't dps Halfus and wait a few seconds
    Pop Mirror Images and living bomb at least like 2 targets
    Wail on 1st Drake( while this happens u should have your all your procs up and few more seconds of your prepot.)
    At this point i pop combustion depending on if it crits if it doesn't i try to build my ignite up.
    Pop combustion and run lol, invis if its super nasty.
    Focus on 1st Drake
    1st Drake is down, pop combustion again on halfus and spread.
    At this point:
    During progression i initially kept on the drakes while only switching to halfus for combustion spreads but once your raid is comfortable on this fight you can probably stay on halfus after this first drake is down.

This usually equates for me to 70K. However, i think i could do a bit more. Boss is rather easy so u dont get to many attempts nowadays. This is in 25 man and perhaps that dps who isn't on the primary focus isn't that big of an ordeal.

To the post above using blastwave to proc can be rather easy when the whelps are up but when they are down if u keep up living bomb spread to max targets using mod like scorchio just for tracking u can keep more impact procs going and use blast wave as last resort later in that fight.

[/COLOR]http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-lf...yze/dd/source/ ok so here are the logs from tonight's raid. I feel like that my dps should be much higher than what it is. Is there anything you notice that might be able to help me? Thanks so much.
    Last edited by smock1999; 2011-04-15 at 05:22 AM.
    ~*~Aristianna~*~