Deleted

Archeology-some ideas

Hi my fellow archeologists,
    have been doing this profession for few months and spent on it countless hours. Not because i love it, in fact i hate it so much that i wanna beat it. But vs me stands one extra hard fact that is to so f****** random. I gave up aiming for one specific artifact i just wanna be "professor" and then leave it forever. The most annoying fact is that i have all semi rares artifacts but none of the extra rare, so i would love if one of these ideas come real.

1) Dont know how to call it...maybe just buy the artifact: do u want zin rokh? tyrandes doll? ultramarine battle tank? and u r not so lucky to obtain it? Easy solution. I would add a new npc to the game which would offer u these ones, just for example bring me 4000 night elf archeology shards and 30 ne scrolls and u can have it (for the doll). This is still lot of farming and with 372 ilvl these epics r now bit outdated, so i dont see any problem of getting the artifact by this way. One of the difficulties is blizz fragments cap. I dont see any problem here too. I think this was added to the game because lot of players were saving the fragments during skilling the archeology so they had better chance of getting the items. Ok have the cap, but at 525 remove it = you need to farm 4k fragments at this lvl of your skill. These numbers r just an example.

2)Second idea is about increasing the chance to find a rare artifact: Do u farm the dwarfish staff and have completed http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=4859 ? Let the chance for the staff increase a bit. Have u found 100 common artifacts, let increase the chance for all rare artifacts. I dont know the exactly percentages so i cant say some reasonable numbers but for example: if the staff has 2% chance to be found let the specific race achie (like i have mentioned above) increase it by 0,5%p.p. to 2,5%. If u have found 100 common artifacts let have increased chance for all artifacts by another 0,5% p.p.

I think that these changes wouldnt change the blizz idea about archeology, but it would help a bit to ppl who farmed a lot and deserve to have some profit from this profeesion.

Deleted
    first idea is bad - the etire proffesion is based on a long grind and RNG. so buying would ruin it. i would be okay with buying small stuff but would have to be some others than the ones you are digging up

second idea is good. the more you grind the more you get - sounds fair to me. just needs a cap

First idea I don't like. Should be some luck and RNG involved in getting a chance to obtain the sword.

Second idea is great, and really wouldn't be that hard for Blizzard to implement (at least I wouldn't think). If certain achievement = true, then increase the chance of rares for that race by x%. If Diggerest = true, increase all rare chances by x%. Simple enough.

I think there also needs to be a way to zero in on the sites you want. Maybe using the same logic of "if achievement = true", if you have all or nearly all of the artifacts from a certain race, then the spawn rate for those dig sites can decrease by x%, thereby increasing the spawn chance of another race's dig sites.
    Last edited by Trucidor; 2011-04-14 at 02:09 PM.

What i would like to be seen done with archeology more then anything is that you have 1 spawn source for each race you need (per continent they otherwise spawn on). A race you dont need should be considered a race with all common and rare artifacts found and have capped fragments... I dont want any more fossil fragments since ive gotten all the rares all the commons and have reached 200 fragments... so it could potentailly delete 1 of my "nodes" but will no longer spawn fossils.

so for example Kalimdar has fossil, night elf, troll, and tol'vir races. This would have you start with 4 spawn nodes. At a normal point you would finish fossils by about 350ish skill and can cap the fragments so you would go down to 3 nodes but fossils wouldnt spawn unless you use fragments. So one might continue and on eastern kingdoms you might finish NE next (if your lucky enough). This would drop you to 2 spawn points, troll and tol'vir. This would allow you to focus on races you wanted and could completly ignore races that dont matter.

The nodes decreasing would cause it to be more travel time and less bundleing or races. I know when i do archeology in EK i fly from north to south and then south to north. pretty much getting annoyed when one spawns on the opposite way that im working. Also i get more annoyed when a race spawns that i dont need like 3-5 times in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosh View Post
    What i would like to be seen done with archeology more then anything is that you have 1 spawn source for each race you need (per continent they otherwise spawn on). A race you dont need should be considered a race with all common and rare artifacts found and have capped fragments... I dont want any more fossil fragments since ive gotten all the rares all the commons and have reached 200 fragments... so it could potentailly delete 1 of my "nodes" but will no longer spawn fossils.

so for example Kalimdar has fossil, night elf, troll, and tol'vir races. This would have you start with 4 spawn nodes. At a normal point you would finish fossils by about 350ish skill and can cap the fragments so you would go down to 3 nodes but fossils wouldnt spawn unless you use fragments. So one might continue and on eastern kingdoms you might finish NE next (if your lucky enough). This would drop you to 2 spawn points, troll and tol'vir. This would allow you to focus on races you wanted and could completly ignore races that dont matter.

The nodes decreasing would cause it to be more travel time and less bundleing or races. I know when i do archeology in EK i fly from north to south and then south to north. pretty much getting annoyed when one spawns on the opposite way that im working. Also i get more annoyed when a race spawns that i dont need like 3-5 times in a row.
    Sounds about what I was saying (when you have everything, stop spawning those sites). But why wait until you're also capped at 200 fragments? If you've already made everything, working up another 200 frags to get the sites off your map seems like a waste.

Then again, arch is supposed to be a time sink, so I could see Blizzard doing that. And if they did ever add anything else to existing races, you'd have 200 fragments to work with.

Also, there's a problem with your "decreasing node" theory is that there's not just 4 races on Kalimdor - there's also one lonely dwarf site. So if you finished everything dwarf by grinding Eastern Kingdoms, you'd theoretically lose a spawn on Kalimdor because you're done with Dwarves...but that would hurt you more than help you. I think you should keep the same number of node spawns, but just eliminate the races you're finished with. If that means you're getting 4 Tol'Vir digs after finishing every other race, so be it - at that point in the grind, you deserve for it to be a little easier.
    Last edited by Trucidor; 2011-04-14 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trucidor View Post
    I think there also needs to be a way to zero in on the sites you want. Maybe using the same logic of "if achievement = true", if you have all or nearly all of the artifacts from a certain race, then the spawn rate for those dig sites can decrease by x%, thereby increasing the spawn chance of another race's dig sites.
    Blizz already stated having something in the works for this a few "Ask the Devs" ago. It's coming, likely in 4.2. Was something regarding the ability to focus on a given race, lowering/removing the spawn of others.

Here's an idea - scrap the terrible implementation that's in the game right now and bring back the Path of the Titans to actually add something new and cool to the game. just my two cents.