Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you Mass Dispel, or single target cleanse in Baradin Hold?

I've not taken my priest in there yet, it's only just 85 with a 339 gear score, but I'm thinking about doing it soon.

Disc, if that matters

Also, is there a special glyph set up for that fight?

depends if they're stacked or not, simple as that. if i'm assigned to dispel g2 and all 3 are in g2 i'll mass dispel, otherwise single dispel them. 25m would be similar, if the majority of the debuffs are in your half of the raid, it's worth it to mass dispel.

I might not be too much help, as I run as Shadow with my guild, but I use mass dispel, glyphed with:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=42404/glyph-of-mass-dispel
    (mainly cuz Major shadow glyphs are teh suck.) but it works out better for me. Why wasted 3 or more Global Cooldowns on people when you can hit them all with a spell that takes about 1 Global cooldown (with reduced cast time and moving mouse to target factored in)?
    Sorry if that isn't as helpful as you wanted.

Depends where the debuffs land. If they are all on one side, then I will mass dispel. If they are spread out, then I will dispel them individually.

Adapt and react!

If each side is stacked properly right next to the boss, you can get the entire raid in 1 shot.

Mass dispel on 25 and single on 10 for me.
    When i give my opinion I like to say that I give my 2 cents, which given the state of the economy is worthless, much like my opinion.

if you mass dispel. and get multiples, the healer in the other grp will love you for it

I mass dispel as shadow, I use single target dispel as healer.
    (btw: Can mass dispel miss now or something? I was in the vortex with 4 melees yesterday and it took 7 casts to get the magic debuff off of them. There were no pets present so that can't be the issue either.)

It depends, but more than 1 I definitely mass dispel - sometimes even with 1 I will mass and try and place it such that it hits the other group as well. I was in last night on my holy pally and manually clicking without the ability to mass dispel (especially the 2 or 3 times that all 3 were on my side! lol) really through me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    (btw: Can mass dispel miss now or something? I was in the vortex with 4 melees yesterday and it took 7 casts to get the magic debuff off of them. There were no pets present so that can't be the issue either.)
    Dispels/cleanses definitely have a chance (regardless of hit cap) to fail against boss level buffs and debuffs in raids (i.e. Fusion Punch on Steelbreaker in Ulduar, Necrotic Plague on LK). I haven't ever personally had it happen on 5-man bosses, but it may be possible.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mass on 25 single on 10. If you are using mass dispel to dispel 3 people you are doing it wrong...

---------- Post added 2011-04-14 at 03:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    Dispels/cleanses definitely have a chance (regardless of hit cap) to fail against boss level buffs and debuffs in raids (i.e. Fusion Punch on Steelbreaker in Ulduar, Necrotic Plague on LK). I haven't ever personally had it happen on 5-man bosses, but it may be possible.
    They probably had 14 stacks of something.

Quote Originally Posted by lwalker8 View Post
    If you are using mass dispel to dispel 3 people you are doing it wrong...
    ...unless you're solo-healing 10

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Deleted
    Mass dispel on 25m, single dispel on 10m. If there are more than 2 healing priests we mass dispel one area each. If someone doesnt get hit by MD they get single dispel from random guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    ...unless you're solo-healing 10
    ...In which case you are still doing it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Alfredhitchcock View Post
    ...In which case you are still doing it wrong
    Would love to hear your explanation why. When solo healing every GCD that can be used for healing counts, so spending 1 GCD to manage it via MD is better than spending 3 GCD's via DM. Not saying it couldn't be done w/ single dispels, but using MD is more time- and mana-efficient when you're responsible for removing all the debuffs.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by lwalker8 View Post
    They probably had 14 stacks of something.
    No, he's right. I don't know if it's been changed for Cata or not, but defensive dispels have had a chance to miss in WotLK, TBC, and Vanilla.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you use mass dispel on a group of over 10 units (players+pets) the targets are random and you won't necessarily hit debuffed units.

Which can't have been the case in a group of 5 without pets who all stack in on place on a boss whe only has one debuff.
    Before, me, too, always just assumed the "missing" dispells were due to choosing other targets at random, but after this experience there is just no option left but a) a bug or b) spell miss (which could be a bug, too).
    If it is a bug then it could either be due to the terrain or something which might happen elsewhere as well and thus might be the real reason for the "random targeting".
    That aside I would really appreciate it not to get penalised for having a blood dk in the group with their stupid worms snatching up my "smartheals" and other "smart" effects. Players should be priorised by them.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's possible to have over 10 units in a 5 man group (blood worms from a DK + treants from a balance druid is a lot of extra targets).
    I'm not saying this was the case for you, I was just stating that this is how Mass Dispel works.

on 25 man i get both groups to stack up and mass dispell both groups. Thats with mass dispell glyphed.