Question New resto cooldown idea

Just gonna dream a bit here, curious about what you guys would think. The one thing I think resto druids are missing in a pure healing sense is a life-saving cooldown, such as guardian spirit, pain supp, hand of sacrifice etc.

My idea is somewhat inspired by Combustion, mixed with Living Seed.

(Cool druidy spell name), off gcd, 3min cooldown
    Consumes all HoTs and seeds present on the target to condense, creating a shield equal to 75% of the amount remaining on said HoTs etc, and once expired or used up, the remaining 25% is an instant heal (like GS) that cannot crit.

Obviously I have no real idea for the numbers, but the mechanics seemed cool to me, at least in PVE, it could be risky too, ergo a bit more interesting than blindly using GS. It is unlikely that you would get an insane number from it, in fact with how much HoTs give these days, what I came up with might be underpowered for current content to make much of a difference. Risky in PVP too I guess, I dunno.

What do you guys think? (Let me dream for a minute here )

Except that you would need full hots on someone so you can't use it as a life-saving cooldown in an emergency on any raid member other then the MT.

Would like a talent or change to rejuv... or 4pc bonus that stopped rejuv healing if the target was full health, fades after 20 secs or something, only useable during combat.. but that would probably be OP . Or just bring back longer rejuvs .
    Last edited by Mudkiper; 2011-04-14 at 05:28 PM.

No need for longer rejuvs, they heal stronger now, and if 6th tick is available, its super strong. My idea for another cooldown would a small damage prevention effect that is cast by aoe: Life Force of the Ancients, instant cast cost at 35% of base mana 3 min CD- causes all party or raid members within 20 yards to take 10% (or maybe 15%) reduced damage for the next 15 seconds, this counts as a required effect for your other heals to recieve your mastery bonus.

15% is too low compared to other raid walls.

maybe 25/30% then? it is a 3 min CD idea

Deleted
    'Your hots now reduce incoming damage by 10%.' That would be sweet. So anyone with a rejuv or LB on them recieve 10% less damage. Would further encourage people to time hots for incoming damage and would be a specific reason to make sure you keep a hot on the tank.
    Maybe only while in tree form the effect happens.

Dunno really, was just thinking out loud and wrote my thoughts!

Edit: I guess even simpler would be -' While Tree Form is active your party/raid recieve 10% less damage'.
    So less damage reduction than other healers, but for a longer period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudo View Post
    'Your hots now reduce incoming damage by 10%.' That would be sweet. So anyone with a rejuv or LB on them recieve 10% less damage. Would further encourage people to time hots for incoming damage and would be a specific reason to make sure you keep a hot on the tank.
    Maybe only while in tree form the effect happens.

Dunno really, was just thinking out loud and wrote my thoughts!

Edit: I guess even simpler would be -' While Tree Form is active your party/raid recieve 10% less damage'.
    So less damage reduction than other healers, but for a longer period of time.
    That would be .. OP

The only way I could see the damage reduction thing working out is if they applied after a living seed pop. This way it works like inspiration and ancestral fortitude.