Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

PVP Satchel of Helpful Goods

So, recently I've been really enjoying leveling my bank alt hunter through PVP.
    The thing which has annoyed me is that i have hardly got any new gear from level 40 to 60.

Am i supposed to dungeons and questing inbetween the 2min queue times just to improve my gear?

WHy don't they have bags from pvp just up until 70 or something?

---------- Post added 2011-04-14 at 05:39 PM ----------

Also... I've noticed my pet doesn't level up in pvp

Why don't you just do both?

I realize you enjoy leveling through PVP, but nobody's making you do JUST pvp.

Or just go to the auction house, I mean you say he's your bank alt so I'm sure he's got the gold for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwntatoes View Post
    I told my friend I was going to McDonalds, but I actually went to Burger King. Kind of rude, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    Bring her some ribbon candy and worthers original. Old Bitches love ribbon candy and worthers original.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    The thing which has annoyed me is that i have hardly got any new gear from level 40 to 60.

Am i supposed to dungeons and questing inbetween the 2min queue times just to improve my gear?

Auction House alt you say? Start with checking there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like spending money...

As others have said, he's your bank alt, and unless you're trying to get twink blues, then most low level gear is less than 10k (at least on my server)
    Now as far as your pet goes, come 4.1 it won't matter anymore because they level with you, or at the very least they're tamed right at your level so you could just tame one ever level if need be (repetitive, I know, but if you don't want to do any pve it's a good idea)

10+ Year Old Account
    Suit yourself then? =p
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Nice and constructive feedback you guys provide here. He/she was making valid points, especially the one about pets not levelling in BGs. I suggest you take it on the official forums, Twisted Spirit

I do admit, your idea would be nice, especially considering I'm leveling a scond druid with a group of friends almost solely through pvp, but I have no qualms with purchasing cheap gear when I badly need to upgrade

I have to admit I'm not too thrilled with the lack of gear available in PvP, either. Only way to get gear is by buying it with honor and even then there's not much available, especially in the 60-80 range. You're either stuck questing or dungeoning to fill in gaps. Main reason why I stopped leveling my alts through PvP. Would be nice to see some parity between PvE and PvP. Adding the satchel of helpful goods to random BG queues as well as a little gold would be equal to running a random dungeon at least from the queueing side. Not like people are swimming in gear or gold in BGs while leveling. If anything, you end up shafting yourself because you hardly get any gold in BGs unless you regularly "loot" players. I do remember Blizzard said something about offering random gear after a BG win, but haven't seen anything further on it in months. It'll likely go the way of the dance studio. Also I don't like that pets don't level in BGs, either, so hopefully something is done there.

Simply, I don't understand why you can take one toon from 10-85 in dungeons and get gear all the way, but if you do that in PvP, the character ends up limping along with the lack of gear outside of honor. Is it too much to ask for a little equality between the two leveling routes rather than PvP being viewed as a partial supplement for PvE? If we want to level strictly one way, we should be able to do so without feeling like we're limping along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Contego View Post
    Nice and constructive feedback you guys provide here. He/she was making valid points, especially the one about pets not levelling in BGs. I suggest you take it on the official forums, Twisted Spirit
    Thank you. I shouldn't of mentioned it was my bank alt. They have no money its just where i store crap.
    Also its a level 1 guild so i have no perks of any kind!

Yeah, anyway, some people level via questing and now with exp from bgs blizz gave us another valid way of leveling.
    Only problem is the lack of gear whilst doing bgs. Lvl60 pvp gear becomes outdated at 58.

IF you don't want to buy gear from the AH....

There is Heirloom gear that scales with you. At this point, just about every slot is covered. Some of the odd slots are actually covered by PvP vendors. They have lower level items that were BG specific. So you got to leave your main town and go to the AB, AV, and WSG vendors.

But really, buy some cheap greens even if you want to fill in the slots that badly. Not that they'll ever be huge upgrades though, at least until you get to 60-80 greens, but definitely get some level 78 greens from cata if you plan on going up to 80 or more. Once you hit 75-79 bracket, that's what you'll see is people in cata greens with 4 times as much Health as you, and they'll one shot anyone not in those greens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    Would be nice to see some parity between PvE and PvP. Adding the satchel of helpful goods to random BG queues as well as a little gold would be equal to running a random dungeon at least from the queueing side.
    And maybe a couple of pots and level specific bandages/cloth!

Not in my experience, level 60 pvp gear lasted me quite a way through Outlands and i was doing dungeons : )

On Minecraft:
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    Creepers would cease to be terrifying if they looked more 'real' and less like a big green dick with a frowny face on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by opeth666 View Post
    No he wasn't, he was being a whiny little bitch who probably should've died with those rebels against Khaddafy.
    That is one of the most offensive comments i have seen on these forums!
    Reported and i hope you go and have a proper look at yourself in the mirror and rethink your life!

---------- Post added 2011-04-14 at 06:20 PM ----------

That is one of the most offensive comments i have seen on these forums!
    Reported and i hope you go and have a proper look at yourself in the mirror and rethink your life!
    The field marshal's set maybe...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want gear and $$ you'll have to PvE. This is a PvE game from 1-85 its all about the PvE while PvP takes a backseat. All the benefits you could get in the game come from PvE and its not going to change because of all the PvP haters. With shortage of tanks and healers in heroics they have even better rewards for queuing for dungeons, wheres my satchel for carrying scrubs through TP/WSG??? Guild leveling can pretty much only be achieved through PvE, or its MUCH faster and easier through PvE over PvP.
    You better herp yourself before you derp yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by opeth666 View Post
    No he wasn't, he was being a whiny little bitch who probably should've died with those rebels against Khaddafy.
    Says the whiny bitch...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystrukshun View Post
    Says the whiny bitch...
    Don't quote that guy I already reported him

<mfw Khaddafy

Also to stay on topic

Never knew about pets not leveling in BG's, thats made me hold back leveling a PVP hunter alt for a while
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    How about all that super-cheap WSG, AB, AV and general PvP vender loot that spans levels from 18-60 that you can buy with honor?