Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heirlooms, low level pvp gear, dungeons occasionally would help alot.
    Though I must admit I like your idea. It shouldn't be to easy though, so perhaps once per day, or on a win. I wouldn't want people to get fully geared by pvping.

PVP Satchel of Helpful Goods. Let me think.... I would not mind to get 2200 2h weapon from random bg!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Booze View Post
    PVP Satchel of Helpful Goods. Let me think.... I would not mind to get 2200 2h weapon from random bg!
    But that would not happen because it is the same as the dungeon one. Only goes upto level 70.
    Heck they could even use the same bag.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    And maybe a couple of pots and level specific bandages/cloth!
    They sell all of those things at the honor vendors in Org and SW. As others have mentioned, you can get BOA items for nearly every slot (helm, cloak, chest, shoulders, ring, weapon, ranged, and trinkets & out of those only 2 are not offered resilience options) and then there are belts, bracers, necks, and boots from various pvp vendors. That leaves gloves and pants as the only non pvp obtainable items. If you don't want to get BOA items there are pvp ones for the cloak, rings, weapons, ranged, and trinkets out there from various vendors. As for the pets not leveling up with you, that's simply because you're not gaining experience from killing things. You are gaining exp similar to turning in a quest. That is not an issue with how you level up in BGs but an issue with how hunter's pets gain experience (which is ONLY from being active/alive when you kill something that yields you exp that you have also attacked). Actually your pet will level up in battlegrounds but will always be 4 levels below you since that's the range that pets get when you taim them and they are far below your current level. Blizzard is not telling you that you have to level up via quests, or via dungeons, or via battlegrounds so its YOUR CHOICE in how you level up and you can't bitch at them for what YOU CHOOSE just because YOU don't like how its done.

here is a list you can't need to replace or can be replaced with honor ev ery time.

head. heirloom
    neck: http://www.wowhead.com/item=20442 for p.dps
    shoulders: heirloom
    back: heirloom
    chest: heirloom
    wrist: (at lvl 40 and above http://www.wowhead.com/item=19597)
    gloves: noting for it
    waist: http://www.wowhead.com/item=20164
    legs: wait till the release new heirlooms
    shoes: http://www.wowhead.com/item=20162
    rings: heirlooms/http://www.wowhead.com/item=20426/http://www.wowhead.com/item=20429
    trinkets: heirlooms.

so basicly you can't get gloves. if you lose on that part just get better then.

---------- Post added 2011-04-14 at 06:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasmgp View Post
    because alliance would never get them if they come from wins only.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...h/statistic#21

my lvl 74 human rogues says someting else.
    (don't look at av)

You have to remember that WOW is primarily a PVE game, the PVP is just kind of tacked on as a feature of the larger, PVE game. I mean until very recently you couldn't even get experience or level up in battlegrounds at all and REQUIRED you to still do PVE just to progress.

There are "some" pvp rewards you can buy with honor points but not full suits. I think they want to avoid encouraging twinking so they don't really allow you to buy a full set of the best kind of pvp gear you could get at any given level. There is also no resilience in the game below level 60 meaning there is no reason to have separate PVE and PVP rewards.

So ultimately, yeah, you have to do some PVE to get gear while leveling and I honestly don't see that changing.

As for your pet, it's because you don't gain experience for actually killing anyone or anything like that, only from accomplishing objectives in pvp which is more akin to quest reward experience which pets also don't receive a slice of. It may be kind of annoying to have to go kill 1-3 mobs after each level if you are leveling exclusively through PVP but there isn't really a way around it. I'd suggest going to the official forums and posting there about it and maybe they'll see it and make the change because that part seems reasonable enough.

Deleted
    .....oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    They sell all of those things at the honor vendors in Org and SW. As others have mentioned, you can get BOA items for nearly every slot (helm, cloak, chest, shoulders, ring, weapon, ranged, and trinkets & out of those only 2 are not offered resilience options) and then there are belts, bracers, necks, and boots from various pvp vendors. That leaves gloves and pants as the only non pvp obtainable items. If you don't want to get BOA items there are pvp ones for the cloak, rings, weapons, ranged, and trinkets out there from various vendors. As for the pets not leveling up with you, that's simply because you're not gaining experience from killing things. You are gaining exp similar to turning in a quest. That is not an issue with how you level up in BGs but an issue with how hunter's pets gain experience (which is ONLY from being active/alive when you kill something that yields you exp that you have also attacked). Actually your pet will level up in battlegrounds but will always be 4 levels below you since that's the range that pets get when you taim them and they are far below your current level. Blizzard is not telling you that you have to level up via quests, or via dungeons, or via battlegrounds so its YOUR CHOICE in how you level up and you can't bitch at them for what YOU CHOOSE just because YOU don't like how its done.
    Calm down you dear...

It was only a suggestion. Every thread seems to end in a all out hate war against the original suggestion.
    I don't have any heirlooms. What do i do now??

I would be very happy if this was done, I enjoy leveling through bgs just as much as you do, but the gear rewards are just so.. bad compared to pve.

I don't like spending money...
    If you only buy what you can currently use, then it is expensive.
    If you plan ahead, you can often find gear at the AH at very cheap prices. In particular, you can bid on things without paying the buyout price, sometimes getting them for less than what they will vendor for. Since you are not high enough to use them, no big deal if you get out bid. If it turns out you don't end up needing it when you reach it's level, you should be able to sell it for a profit. As a bank alt, this should fit perfectly into your play style.
    Last edited by Gungara; 2011-04-14 at 07:11 PM.

Deleted
    It's a valid point to be honest. I've always been a PvE:r and all, But frankly saying that PvE is The only way to go is pretty silly. They've steadidly made PvP a larger portion of the game, and why shouldn't those that like doing that, get a slight reward by wining a BG - A satchel would be just nice. I know I honestly hate the grind on mobs etc that you do while leveling the 'normal' way. PvP atleast gives you a challange beyond the: "Let's see how many I can pull before I'm dead...hmm." And the gear they get can be something along the lines of more stam then dps stats or something like that.

All in all, I just find that it would make sense to give PvPers something between the levels of 10-60. And the AH can't always be counted on, I mean I aint paying 50g for a green - Just wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Robofish View Post
    Not in my experience, level 60 pvp gear lasted me quite a way through Outlands and i was doing dungeons : )
    Let me answer that since the OP is a Hunter and I've been leveling one lately.
    It's true, or so I thought, that Level 60 PvP gear is great, or at least was great for my Warrior.. but it's very lackluster for a hunter at 60.. the only thing I thought really was worth buying were the One handers and the pants which I keep refunding till the ones in Ramparts drop, so the 1Hs really.

While not getting gear from BGs sucks, I have solo'd most dungeons my level as a Hunter, so gear competition or pets no leveling with you was almost not an issue plus it's fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't have any heirlooms. What do i do now??
    Buy them for your banker alt hunter with your main like everyone else did.........

---------- Post added 2011-04-14 at 01:43 PM ----------

Or actually you can buy the pvp cloak, pvp weapons, pvp trinkets, pvp rings, and pvp ranged if you don't want to buy heirlooms which leaves helm, chest, shoulders, gloves, and legs you should get from dungeons/quests you do while you level up your pet.