Thread: ''Nerd''

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    nerd isnt even an insult in my eyes ne more

nerds are fueling the world

it carries the same insult value of Jock or Preppy. Used to be burns on Saved by the Bell, now they mean nothing
    Sig Made by Mipeo

Quote Originally Posted by Jwoww View Post
    What about sexy dork? Hot dork? Awesome dork? Still doesn't count?
    Hrmmm... I woud prefer Nerd in place of dork still but using those adjectives first may prevent someone from being slapped

There is nothing wrong with being a nerd baller.

I see nerd as a compliment. As someone who is dedicated to a scientific or technical topic. Maybe I'm just too nerdy to understand :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought I wanna add this:

Bill Gates: Nerd and became one of the richest men in the world.

Steve Jobs: Nerd and ruler over mobile devices.

Paul Allen: Fat Nerd and co-founder of Microsoft.

Steve Woxniak: Another fat nerd who co-found Apple.

Steve Ballmer: Sweaty nerd who is currently CEO of Microsoft and have $14.5 billion of dollars in his pocket.

Nerds do rule the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    Nerd I don't mind... but call me a Dork and I'll go all AWOL on you
    You go absent without leave?

The only one to call me a nerd in a long time is my wife.

take nerd as a compliment

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    You go absent without leave?

The only one to call me a nerd in a long time is my wife.
    For some reason in my mind that acronym had a different meaning. Allow me to switch it out with Crazy

<-------- Check my name =D... I prefer to be called a nerd... As a wise man once said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles J. Sykes
    Be nice to nerds, chances are you'll end up working for one
    As for it being an insult, I think "nerd" and "geek" have lost most of their sting now that we've entered this age of technology, where being good with computers (including Smart Phones, Tablets, etc) is not only accepted, but encouraged.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-04-14 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bure View Post
    Pretty much this. What really grinds my gears is when people consider me a nerd for playing WoW yet people who play Xbox (just as much, if not more) aren't considered nerds. Why is spending an hour or two a day on WoW worse than an hour or two on Call of Duty?
    Because Call of Duty has "Hardcore" as an option. That's the epeen booster of CoD right there. Plus, all the cool kids play CoD. So it's not nerdy...

In all seriousness, I play both games. And I have friends who will try to berate me for playing WoW. To which I simply reply, "I don't care if you don't like it. I do."
    What does Essence of the Blood Queen do? What should you do if you have it?
    Make you sparkle in the sun and gives you super strength, also changes your name to <insert name> Cullen. Bite someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    For some reason in my mind that acronym had a different meaning. Allow me to switch it out with Crazy
    I prefer loco. Extra points for saying it with a really bad fake Mexican accent.

Deleted
    No comment as I watch at my sig 0_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone on WoW is a nerd because they are playing wow, but if there is truely a "WoW Nerd" I want to know what it is, and how it compares to the average WoW player.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel better now about my self! Thank you all

10+ Year Old Account
    "nerd" implies knowledge and gaming ability among other things- mainly intelligence. intelligence is sexy. /shrug
    "Yogg keeps sending me tells, and I can't figure out how to put him on ignore.. >=\ "
    "Don't bother, he'll just make another toon."

Anyone better than me is a nerd.
    Anyone i'm better than in a noob.
    /rage

Who really cares what people call you? Seriously, have enough self-confidence and a good enough self-image to not care if someone calls you a name. At about 8 years old you should stop caring.

Usually the person trying to label people in a derogatory manner are the ones with the issues.

I mean look at this board and the names people call people: Elitist, no-lifer, mouth breather, baddie, wrath baby, noob, casual etc etc. People will never stop with trying to label people to make themselves feel better.

Why would you care?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    I've found nerd is just a quick comeback for people when they get butthurt after getting beat. Because obviously if you can beat them then you must be a nerd who plays 24/7 because thats the only way to beat their awesome skills.
    this sums it up nicely
    The true vanilla wow test is whether or not they miss Vanilla. If they do, they didn't play in Vanilla.

Deleted
    Nerd just means smarter than all the others

Gamers who are still in the closet like to act like they are not nerdy, so they overcompensate. It's just like gay men trying to overcompensate by really obviously hitting on women.